PDA

View Full Version : Comments only about visitor visa

grate-britte
5th September 2007, 11:21
It seems showing the "intention to return" as required for this type of Visa would require the ECO to be a mind reader. The possible need to show there is home ownership and an employer who will accept 6 months absence would be very restrictive. What about girlfriends/fiancees who will be supported by sponsor? How can one satisfy the ECO that they intend to return? Does anyone have any information about this?

KeithD
5th September 2007, 12:12
It is very difficult, hence less than 10% actually get a Visiors Visa.

If you have lots of money in the Phil, own a house, run a business, your hubby is staying behind with the kids, things like that give them a good idea you will return.

The rule is in place because without it the majority would not return.

Pepe n Pilar
5th September 2007, 15:18
It was my first time to travel and just supplied all the necessary documents which are on the checklist. I had received my visa after 2 weeks and no interview.

silver13
5th September 2007, 16:53
It seems showing the "intention to return" as required for this type of Visa would require the ECO to be a mind reader. The possible need to show there is home ownership and an employer who will accept 6 months absence would be very restrictive. What about girlfriends/fiancees who will be supported by sponsor? How can one satisfy the ECO that they intend to return? Does anyone have any information about this?

In my experienced, it would be impossible(at least to some exception) to have 6 months leave in my work. When i applied for a visit visa sponsored by my fiance, i took the risk of leaving my job. Like itsme_iye said we just supplied all the necessary documents, then the following morning i got my visitors visa, no interview.

Pepe n Pilar
6th September 2007, 05:27
I have submitted a certificate of leave from work for 3 weeks. When i arrived at my destination the Immigration Officer asked for how long will i be staying in UK. I answered just for 3 weeks... I have a visa for 6 months so i stayed of course.

aromulus
6th September 2007, 08:12
I have submitted a certificate of leave from work for 3 weeks. When i arrived at my destination the Immigration Officer asked for how long will i be staying in UK. I answered just for 3 weeks... I have a visa for 6 months so i stayed of course.

Why that wouldn't surprise me....:D :xxgrinning--00xx3: