PDA

View Full Version : Immigration rule change to tackle ‘chronic’ lack of nurses in Germany

joebloggs
23rd April 2013, 13:10
UK might have shut the door, but Germany maybe be a option for some Filipino's nurses

The German health minister has pledged to push for changes to immigration law to enable more healthcare workers into the country.

Daniel Bahr, speaking to German newspaper Die Welt, said the country needed more nurses and healthcare assistants.

He added that the country had done well to attract more doctors into the country, and that this success needed to be reflected across other health sector roles.

http://www.recruiter.co.uk/news/2013/04/immigration-rule-change-to-tackle-chronic-lack-of-nurses/

andy222
23rd April 2013, 17:25
I always thought the german politicians were a lot smarter than ours.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. You can bet Merkel will get rid of some of the dead wood to make some space for the nurses.

Arthur Little
23rd April 2013, 17:48
You can bet Merkel will get rid of some of the dead wood to make some space for the nurses.

Yep :biggrin: ... she's the one "wearing the trousers" in more than just the literal sense.

stevie c
23rd April 2013, 18:53
Yep must admitt i wish we had merkel as our pm instead of posh boy cameron

Terpe
23rd April 2013, 23:49
Our daughter looked at this already.
Seems you must pay for your own induction training and language course before going before a final selection panel.
Eight modules at over P15k per module is quite a big investment to get yourself to interview stage.

In Japan they hire you on probation for on the job training and provide language training.
If you fail any of the language modules 3 times you get sent back. No charges at all for all hirers.

andy222
24th April 2013, 08:48
Its that language barrier again having said that my two stepsisters are in Norway and they are coping very well. A 1 year language course and they speak norwegen. Apparently its one of their immigration rules.