PDA

View Full Version : The Pressure is ON!

singkit
4th September 2007, 19:04
:BlacklistThumbdown0
It's been a while since I posted on this forum. I've been so busy for the past few weeks...well I still am. I'm still doing my final exam in my course SAGE Computerized and Manual Payroll/Taxation. Whew:omg: It's harder than I thought. I said the pressure is ON because a few weeks ago I just finished this course and received my certificate from my course provider. They awarded me with a grade of Distinction. :xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby was more than happy, he bought me a new laptop:BouncyHappy: That day I received my certificate I also had the most numbers of hugs and kisses from my hubby :icon_lol::icon_lol: I guess I knew why. He must be thinking the money he spent to my course was worth it:REGamblMoney01HL1: At the moment I am working on the final exam which will lead me to a diploma in Payroll Management. I only have 2 weeks to finish it and its unnerving. I can feel my palm sweating. I am nervous. I don't want to disappoint my hubs. He's so proud of me and keep telling me I'm a brain box. I love him for that but that worries me as well. What if I failed this exam?:bigcry: Sometimes I was thinking maybe I should have not started it at all. Failure frightens me...:ARsurrender: I'm a coward lady.

andypaul
4th September 2007, 20:39
Well done so far and Good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mach
5th September 2007, 02:50
go giRL! You can do it!!! :BouncyHappy:

pennybarry
5th September 2007, 05:14
That's great ! You've done it lols! I always wanted to study Sage 50 but the problem is time:Brick:. There's online course but I am not that much interested. I wish to do the same with you so I can use my profession here:)
Goodluck !

Pepe n Pilar
5th September 2007, 05:40
Hi Singkit...My friend had thought me that when i stayed in her house for a 5 day visit. While waiting for her to go home after a 4 hrs part time job as an acctg. assistant, i do the encoding. Her husband got surprised when he knew that i easily learned about the SAGE. I found it very clerical, you can do it too..... Kaya mo yan..... Good luck!

Pepe n Pilar
5th September 2007, 06:34
sorry that should be taught not thought.....
hahahaha

silver13
5th September 2007, 17:24
Aja! I know you can do it! goodluck and be brave, in the end you will see the fruit of ur effort:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria_2300
5th September 2007, 17:30
Good luck to you Singkit. I know you can do it girl. Just have faith in yourself, think positively and trust GOD. Everything will be fine for you...

singkit
5th September 2007, 18:11
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I needed it:) Well if there's anyone here knows about this thing that bothers me. You see, I don't mind calculation or anything related to this. Been many times to that as I studied Accounting in the Philippines. It's how the ENGLISH PHRASE was presented in the problem. Well...I am not English proficient and I want somebody who's familiar with filing up form P11 to help me understand this phrase:
with effect from week 49

The whole sentence was used this way:

Mr. Brown is using Tax code 503L and is paid on a week 1 basis for weeks 47 and 48. You are advised by HMRC that code 256L is his new tax code. You apply his new tax code (with effect from week 49) in week 50.

My question is what tax code should I use for week 49?
Why would they just say apply new code from week 49 and use this phrase inside the parenthesis?

I've been thinking to use the new code in week 49 and so on. But am not so sure about it. Thus, I posted this rant.

Can someone advise me please?

singkit
5th September 2007, 18:14
Good luck to you Singkit. I know you can do it girl. Just have faith in yourself, think positively and trust GOD. Everything will be fine for you...

Hey, Maria...Am glad you're back...Nice to have you here in this forum and so as Alan...the teacher.

andypaul
5th September 2007, 19:40
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I needed it:) Well if there's anyone here knows about this thing that bothers me. You see, I don't mind calculation or anything related to this. Been many times to that as I studied Accounting in the Philippines. It's how the ENGLISH PHRASE was presented in the problem. Well...I am not English proficient and I want somebody who's familiar with filing up form P11 to help me understand this phrase:
with effect from week 49

Mr. Brown is using Tax code 503L and is paid on a week 1 basis for weeks 47 and 48. You are advised by HMRC that code 256L is his new tax code. You apply his new tax code (with effect from week 49) in week 50.

Why would they just say apply new code from week 49 and use this phrase inside the parenthesis?

I've been thinking to use the new code in week 49 and so on. But am not so sure about it. Thus, I posted this rant.

pass:ARsurrender:

baboyako
5th September 2007, 22:37
with effect from week 49

I think 503L is an emergency tax code, so you pay tax on what you earn that week. When you move onto a real code, you probably shift to a week behind (hence stuff about week 53).

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/revguide/weekonebasis.htm

I do quarterly NIC/Tax so :Help1: am just guessing :CompBuster:

Maria_2300
5th September 2007, 22:59
Yes, I am back Singkit hopefully for good :)

vbkelly
6th September 2007, 10:43
:BlacklistThumbdown0
It's been a while since I posted on this forum. I've been so busy for the past few weeks...well I still am. I'm still doing my final exam in my course SAGE Computerized and Manual Payroll/Taxation. Whew:omg: It's harder than I thought. I said the pressure is ON because a few weeks ago I just finished this course and received my certificate from my course provider. They awarded me with a grade of Distinction. :xxgrinning--00xx3: My hubby was more than happy, he bought me a new laptop:BouncyHappy: That day I received my certificate I also had the most numbers of hugs and kisses from my hubby :icon_lol::icon_lol: I guess I knew why. He must be thinking the money he spent to my course was worth it:REGamblMoney01HL1: At the moment I am working on the final exam which will lead me to a diploma in Payroll Management. I only have 2 weeks to finish it and its unnerving. I can feel my palm sweating. I am nervous. I don't want to disappoint my hubs. He's so proud of me and keep telling me I'm a brain box. I love him for that but that worries me as well. What if I failed this exam?:bigcry: Sometimes I was thinking maybe I should have not started it at all. Failure frightens me...:ARsurrender: I'm a coward lady.

congratz and goodluck singkit !!!:icon_win::icon_win::icon_win::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

singkit
6th September 2007, 17:00
pass:ARsurrender:

:icon_lol: that's a relief:icon_lol: atleast I knew I'm not alone...I guess it's true that I bit off more than I can chew:doh

singkit
6th September 2007, 17:07
I think 503L is an emergency tax code, so you pay tax on what you earn that week. When you move onto a real code, you probably shift to a week behind (hence stuff about week 53).

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/revguide/weekonebasis.htm

I do quarterly NIC/Tax so :Help1: am just guessing :CompBuster:

Hi, Baboyako:) You're just right about 503L as an emergency code.:xxgrinning--00xx3: That's a personal tax allowance used for tax year 2006-2007. That means your first £5035 free of tax which is deducted from your Gross Earnings. The rest of the amount is the one taxable. Thanks for the help...You all made me feel comfortable in the midst of brain draining exams:Brick:

singkit
6th September 2007, 17:12
congratz and goodluck singkit !!!:icon_win::icon_win::icon_win::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050::xxparty-smiley-050:

Hi vbkelly, Thanks for that. I knew I have a good start:xxgrinning--00xx3: But too soon to party:NoNo: I still have 10 days to finish it off. If I don't make it...at least I've tried. I can always resit on the exam but it's the money that we put on this course:doh Poor hubby he msut be skint by now:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mich
7th September 2007, 03:37
GOOD LUCK! You can do it, girl! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
9th September 2007, 17:15

I agree with Maria here. When I am teaching my students how to pass exams I emphasise the power of positive thought.
Psychology, although a social science, is a real weapon. I shall explain it further if you wish.
Good luck and God bless.

Al. :)

ervenescence
9th September 2007, 18:51
:icon_lol: that's a relief:icon_lol: atleast I knew I'm not alone...I guess it's true that I bit off more than I can chew:doh

Singkit just think that others can do it, and why can't you? Courage and determination is the key. Goodluck :)

btw, i like the photoslide in your friendster. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
9th September 2007, 18:51
goodluck singkit...:)

andypaul
9th September 2007, 19:46

Your be fine and im sure soon your be worrying about the next professional exam you have to take for your promotion at your workplace.

I seem to spend most of my life now revising for exams (when we are not sorting out the Wifes various visas) or taking them for work.

Good luck

singkit
9th September 2007, 22:31
Hello guys and gals...my family. Thanks for the encouragement you're giving right now. I really need it. Am still workng on it. At the moment I have only 2 tasks left to complete my final exam. Whew:doh My only break is to be online and check this site. I've been catching up my readings but every time i log in there are thousands of new posts since my last visit. So forgive me if I post or reply to topics that are now settled and talked about for good. I hate it when I'm left behind on what's happening here...like I said before this forum is addictive...even in the middle of my exams, I'm checking on you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Well...got to go back to my work.Thanks prof Alan and Maria...I'm thinking positively now...I get by. Mrs.Daddy, Mich, AndyPaul, Mach, Penny, BaboyAko, ItsmeIye...all of you...thanks very much!

KeithD
10th September 2007, 09:08
Well...got to go back to my work.Thanks prof Alan and Maria...I'm thinking positively now...I get by. Mrs.Daddy, Mich, AndyPaul, Mach, Penny, BaboyAko, ItsmeIye...all of you...thanks very much!

No me :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :CompBuster:

singkit
10th September 2007, 15:55
No me :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :CompBuster:

Ayayayyyy!!! It was a stupid mistake that I forgot to mention you Keith:doh
If there's anyone in this site to be thankful about that will be you:Brick: Without you, this site is not existed...Sorry:Cuckoo::CompBuster:
Thanks Keith for creating this wonderful site. Words are not enough how much I appreciate this forum. It's my comfort zone. :xxgrinning--00xx3:You know what it likes to live in Leeds...:angry: Am lonely here:bigcry:

Maria_2300
10th September 2007, 16:06
Thanks prof Alan and Maria...I'm thinking positively now...

You are welcome singkit. Just stay positive and a good future awaits you :).

singkit
10th September 2007, 16:12
You are welcome singkit. Just stay positive and a good future awaits you :).

Thanks Maria. You remind me of my friend. She's a nurse too, now working in Canada. We met in another country. But our friendship ended before she flew to Canada. I wonder how she is now. I missed her :bigcry:

Maria_2300
10th September 2007, 16:15
Thanks Maria. You remind me of my friend. She's a nurse too, now working in Canada. We met in another country. But our friendship ended before she flew to Canada. I wonder how she is now. I missed her :bigcry:

Don't you have her contact number, email address, home address?

singkit
10th September 2007, 16:26
Don't you have her contact number, email address, home address?

Nope! No nothing. She fell off on me.:cwm34::NoNo: Something had happened but she did'nt even bother to hear my explanation...:NoNo: Lots of friends told me not to care for her anymore as she didn't want to care as well. Am just regretful to put our friendship behind just like that. But...we all have to move on...life is too short to mess about...I maybe lost one friend but look...I gained more from this forum.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maria_2300
10th September 2007, 16:31
Nope! No nothing. She fell off on me.:cwm34::NoNo: Something had happened but she did'nt even bother to hear my explanation...:NoNo: Lots of friends told me not to care for her anymore as she didn't want to care as well. Am just regretful to put our friendship behind just like that. But...we all have to move on...life is too short to mess about...I maybe lost one friend but look...I gained more from this forum.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh ok, I am sorry to hear your story with your friend but yes indeed you are right about the forum, nice people around :)

singkit
12th September 2007, 18:51
Thanks Prof Al for a pm. Good thing you're around to help. Before this thread finally meet its closure, my sincere appreciation for everyone who posted their messages here and share their experiences and advices. Thanks all. I just want to let you know that the pressure on me is gone now. My hubs talked to me there's nothing to worry about if I pass it or not. I have my certificate to prove that I can do the job. The diploma, of course, is always a goal I will never give up. In the mean time, it's time for me to relax a bit. I deserve a break, don't I? For those MRS who wants to add some value on their CV, you can always do some course to polish you skills and rediscover yourself on what else are you good at. :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks, Keith, for this space you allowed to share with me. It's like my own diary...I can breathe in and out my feelings so free. Thanks so very much.:smileybigtmouth:

KeithD
12th September 2007, 19:09
Thanks, Keith, for this space you allowed to share with me.

Plenty more where that came from between my ears :xxgrinning--00xx3:

singkit
12th September 2007, 19:16
Plenty more where that came from between my ears :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
12th September 2007, 19:50
Good to hear your doing well and keep us all updated as it helps like you say many of the ladies on here to see how others are getting on:xxgrinning--00xx3: