PDA

View Full Version : Want to drive a Train?

Terpe
22nd April 2013, 10:27
Look what I found, an Online playable Train Simulation game. (http://www.realrailway.com/en/sim/online/index.html)
No file to download or install.

I'm not so good just now, but getting better.

These are actual regular schedules.
There are quite a number of different journeys and trains.

There's also some really great Cab View movies available here (http://www.realrailway.com/en/movie/fview/index.html)

Not everyones cup of tea I know. But great fun and well worth a look to experience some actual train journeys from Japan.

Hope some folks enjoy as much as I do

Dedworth
22nd April 2013, 10:33
That's neat - pity they're Japanese I fancied racing Marco on the Northern Line and repeatedly sounding the klaxon as I roared past Morden mosque :biggrin:

Terpe
22nd April 2013, 11:05
That's neat - pity they're Japanese I fancied racing Marco on the Northern Line and repeatedly sounding the klaxon as I roared past Morden mosque :biggrin:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Not a very interesting cab view on the Northern line is it :icon_lol::icon_lol:

RickyR
22nd April 2013, 13:12
I have the train app game on iphone, thats japanese as well i think. It's pretty cool, but also have problems overrunning stations. You'd have thought I'd have figured out momentum by now.

bigmarco
22nd April 2013, 14:43
Yep far more interesting cab view than the Northern Line. Good game Terpe but I have to confess I overrun the first station on the Sotetsu line on my first 2 attempts :NoNo:. I am improving though :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
27th April 2013, 16:30
Thanks Peter. Will take a look later! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th April 2013, 18:00
Brings back some good memories for me. I used to take a few of those routes on a regular basis.

imagine
27th April 2013, 18:16
i fail as a train driver it dont stop to a halt like a car does:laugher:

Terpe
27th April 2013, 20:11
i fail as a train driver it dont stop to a halt like a car does:laugher:

People stranded on the platform eh Stewart. :laugher:

imagine
27th April 2013, 22:41
People stranded on the platform eh Stewart. :laugher:

no but i gave it a good thrashing, but i dont rate the brakes much,

i was once chased down the line by a train, i was running like a headless chicken, no time to look behind to see which trac it was on, what seemed like a long time was only maybe a minute to make a decision jump left or right eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

les_taxi
28th April 2013, 01:37
I remember coming back from Great Yarmouth after a big piss up when I was a lad.We got on the wrong train coming back and got dumped on a tiny remote station to wait for train to take us back.
We all stood with toes on edge of platform saying can you hear that.....
Next minute WHOOSH the train came from the left rather than right and nearly took our heads off:yikes:
Amazing we never heard it til it was upon us!

fred
28th April 2013, 05:00
Good game good game!!
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/bruce-forsythe.jpg

imagine
28th April 2013, 10:15
I remember coming back from Great Yarmouth after a big piss up when I was a lad.We got on the wrong train coming back and got dumped on a tiny remote station to wait for train to take us back.
We all stood with toes on edge of platform saying can you hear that.....
Next minute WHOOSH the train came from the left rather than right and nearly took our heads off:yikes:
Amazing we never heard it til it was upon us!

thats what i thought , id hear it, but it wasnt till i heard the eeeeeeeee aaawwww right behind me:yikes:, not like the old steam train, that you heard chugging