PDA

View Full Version : general visit visa

bigmac
13th April 2013, 10:28
has anyone applied for a visit visa in the Philipines recently?

how long did it take to be approved/or refused?

i see the fee is now £80

sars_notd_virus
13th April 2013, 10:43
I think if the applicant is awfully rich, owns a land, stable business or a job in the Philippines,,,it wouldnt take long for the approval especially if the purpose is just to visit the UK.

bigmac
13th April 2013, 11:04
so--is there virtually no chance of "ordinary" people getting a visitor visa then?

raynaputi
13th April 2013, 12:44
so--is there virtually no chance of "ordinary" people getting a visitor visa then?

It depends. If he/she can convince the British Embassy that he/she has ties and valid reason to come back to the Philippines and not overstay in the UK, then visa would be granted. Usually, the proofs needed are based on the properties he/she owns in the Philippines, savings, family ties, etc. But it's not always a guarantee to get a visit visa. It's a lottery as what a lot of people here in the forum says.

Ann1984
13th April 2013, 15:53
has anyone applied for a visit visa in the Philipines recently?

how long did it take to be approved/or refused?

i see the fee is now £80

try not so hard for a visit visa, I now have been 2 times granted 6 months visa, as long as you answer all the question and supply plenty of evidence.

when I apply my 1st 6 months visa I have no savings, and live at home with my parents. and I was granted a visa.

then second visa this year granted for 6 months again.. I did show plenty evidence and as me an applicant I show them that my sponsor can support me there in UK and also in the Philippines with my daughter.

i submit with no savings, i made my employment letter to explain that all my money that i send to Philippines is from my partner. then i show my evidence a World Remit Receipt to show that i am honest and genuine.
you need submit the evidence that you supported the applicant and make sure also you can prove you have enough funds to support your GF. just show this as your evidence.

good luck worth trying for.

Anna

bigmac
14th April 2013, 11:25
i wasnt aware of any need for me to show evidence that i can support the applicant---is this the case?
she has savings--isnt this known as "show money"?----and her sister--married to an english guy--has offered her accommodation during her stay.

Ann1984
14th April 2013, 18:14
i wasnt aware of any need for me to show evidence that i can support the applicant---is this the case?
she has savings--isnt this known as "show money"?----and her sister--married to an english guy--has offered her accommodation during her stay.

if you going to be her sponsor, you will have to prove, you can provide for her financially, this means you will have to provide a minimum of 6 months of bank statement. also any savings account you have.

if you are the sponsor, your girlfriend is your responsibility, when she is in uk. she must show a reason for returning back to the Philippines..

good luck

bigmac
15th April 2013, 09:38
well--in the absence of any solid information we will have to just suck it and see. i just wonder how many tourists--from any part of the world---need a sponsor to help them visit the UK. As tourists have no access to public funds--but rather arrive here with money to spend--i cant see the problem.

watch this space.

grahamw48
15th April 2013, 11:12
It's because they're from a 3rd world country.

It's called DISCRIMINATION. :smile: