PDA

View Full Version : IS this how much it costs to send a boy to private boarding school??

HACHE
12th April 2013, 22:48
Been with GF for 18months now....been a real up and downer ( have some other threads on the issues!!), anyway, she has a 13yr old son who she sends to a private school, boarding school type where he is there mon-fri then comes home at weekends.
I knew she sends money home but never asked for details until recently.
I asked her how much she has to send home for he son, and she told me £300 a month :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I'm not entirely familar with the cost of things there, but that seems a HUGE amount.
Anyone else here thinks that's extremely high??
Thanks

sars_notd_virus
12th April 2013, 23:49
Been with GF for 18months now....been a real up and downer ( have some other threads on the issues!!), anyway, she has a 13yr old son who she sends to a private school, boarding school type where he is there mon-fri then comes home at weekends.
I asked her how much she has to send home for he son, and she told me £300 a month :yikes::yikes::yikes:

I'm not entirely familar with the cost of things there, but that seems a HUGE amount.
Thanks

I think £300 is just enough bracket if shes sending her son to a private school...if i may ask...why does it worries u...are you the one paying for it?

Dedworth
13th April 2013, 01:12
Not the Phils but my mate has his daughter & youngest boy at Gordonstoun - £30000 per year each :yikes:

raynaputi
13th April 2013, 02:03
Yup, I think it's about right, especially if he's in a boarding school type. Room rent and miscellaneous cost for that might be included. I remember my parents were paying around the same amount of tuition fee each for me and my siblings for a school year in a private high school. Miscellaneous, books, uniforms, etc. were excluded though. But that was around 20 years ago! So if you would calculate the tuition fee for a private school now, that one you stated would have to be right.

jake
13th April 2013, 03:26
Personally i think that it is not expensive. Especially if he is boarding 5 days a week as well.

My kids go to a private high school which is not in manila and if i included everything it costs around 200 pounds per child a month.

Iani
13th April 2013, 08:17
Sorry to say, but yes £300 for boarding and excellent schooling is a good deal :biggrin:

bigmac
13th April 2013, 10:34
£300 a month boarding school fees over there??

if this gets out there will be 1000s of brits sending there brats over there.

could be a nice little earner here.

melovesengland
13th April 2013, 11:12

Thanks

That is the minimum I suppose, depends on the school the boy goes. My daughter will be enrolled in a private school in Davao as a nursery 2 and we are going to pay roughly £600 for the whole school year. Bare in mind that the GBP are very low at the moment and its getting lower every month so expect that on the enrolment day sometime in June that will be more.

SimonH
13th April 2013, 12:40
Tuition, board, food, before you take into account uniform, sports kit, books, a little bit for allowance............... sounds like a bargain to me

malditako
13th April 2013, 12:44
its actually cheap to be honest. i bet its not in manila as it cost fortune there.

Rory
13th April 2013, 12:51

This made me laugh. Cheap i agree. lol

jake
13th April 2013, 14:00

The Brit schools in Manila will cost you nearly 10,000 pounds a year and that is not boarding!