PDA

View Full Version : family visa

stevewool
7th April 2013, 16:24
what is the charge for a member of Ems family who would like to come here for a holiday, we would pay for flights and everything else, but i cant seem to find what the cost would be for a visa, its not a tourist visa is it????, she is a student in the phils at this moment,
Plus also her younger sister may come too but her older sister will be bringing her

joebloggs
7th April 2013, 17:05
£80
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/aboutus/fees-2013.pdf

what relation is she to the person, only certain family members can apply for a family visit visa.

To come to the UK as a family visitor, you must be able to show that you will be visiting the following family members in the UK:

spouse, civil partner, father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister;
grandfather, grandmother, grandson or granddaughter;
spouse or civil partner's father, mother, brother or sister;
son or daughter's spouse or civil partner;
stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother or stepsister; or
a person you have been living with in a genuine and subsisting relationship, like marriage or civil partnership, for at least 2 years before the day you apply.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/

or they will have to apply for a general visit visa..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/

stevewool
7th April 2013, 18:41

stevecebu
10th April 2013, 21:28
dont waste your money or there time and your,been down that road you have no chance of getting her a visa, mum and dad no problem, i know of other people try to get a family member over and all failed, please keep your money in your pocket,

Pete/London
11th April 2013, 01:00
I have had Mum and Dad over twice, Dad with younger sister and 2 brothers on separate occasions, the last time was 5 years ago though. It may have got tougher now but worth a try, if successful make sure they return within the 6 month visa so as not to give future problems.

ianlg8
18th June 2013, 12:40
Hi,

What is the procedure to apply for a family visit visa for my parents? Do they need to be booked online? 2 applications?

Terpe
18th June 2013, 13:34
Hi,

What is the procedure to apply for a family visit visa for my parents? Do they need to be booked online? 2 applications?

Take a look at the UKBA webpage here - Family visitors (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/)

If you have any specific questions just ask

ianlg8
18th June 2013, 14:22
Thanks for replying. Basically I wanted my folks to come over for Christmas & new year. My dad is a pensioner (well pension is still being processed & will start withing the next month or so) & my mom is a housewife. I regularly send them 6k (php) per month to help for their daily expenses for food etc. They don't have much money in the bank & I was wondering if it will be possible for them to obtain a family visit visa. I will of course shoulder all their expenses including plane fare & accommodation

Terpe
18th June 2013, 15:02
Thanks for replying. Basically I wanted my folks to come over for Christmas & new year. My dad is a pensioner (well pension is still being processed & will start withing the next month or so) & my mom is a housewife. I regularly send them 6k (php) per month to help for their daily expenses for food etc. They don't have much money in the bank & I was wondering if it will be possible for them to obtain a family visit visa. I will of course shoulder all their expenses including plane fare & accommodation

There's no-one can can say whether it'll be granted or not.
Please do take some time to read the UKBA link provided together with the associated links. The process itself is quite simple and straightforward.

The cost of the visa is very low (around £78) so really nothing to lose.
One of the key issues is convincing the ECO of intentions to return to home country before the expiry of the visa.

Members here have recently secured family visit visa's.

ianlg8
18th June 2013, 15:27
My Parents has very strong family ties back home. I have 5 brothers. My nephews & brother lives with them in my dads ancestral home. They are also not exactly young anymore for the ECO to suspect their intentions. We bought a house in 2010 & have just finished all the renovation & I would like my parents to come & visit so they can see the new ish house & spend Christmas here. Any advise would be appreciated.

Terpe
18th June 2013, 17:19
My Parents has very strong family ties back home. I have 5 brothers. My nephews & brother lives with them in my dads ancestral home. They are also not exactly young anymore for the ECO to suspect their intentions. We bought a house in 2010 & have just finished all the renovation & I would like my parents to come & visit so they can see the new ish house & spend Christmas here. Any advise would be appreciated.

What advice are you still seeking?

ianlg8
18th June 2013, 20:21
Will the fact that my parents are living a very simple life count against them when applying for a visit visa? No regular income etc.

Terpe
18th June 2013, 21:04
Will the fact that my parents are living a very simple life count against them when applying for a visit visa? No regular income etc.

Only one way to find out.

Seriously, securing a visit visa is notoriously problematic for many reasons.
Not least because approval or refusal of the visa is principally based on the discretion of the ECO.
Basically there is no appeal process.

The major complication is the need by the applicant to prove a non-immigrant intent.
Applicants wishing to come to the UK must clearly demonstrate that they do not intend to remain in the UK on a permanent basis. Immigration law places this burden of proof on the applicant.
In order to grant the visa, the ECO must be satisfied that the applicant has strong social, economic and family ties abroad that would compel them to leave the UK at the end of their stay.

Unfortunately, in many cases it becomes difficult to overcome this presumption.

Reasons to return home and strong/complelling ties differ from country to country, city to city, individual to individual.
Some examples of ties can be a job, a house, social and family relationships, a bank account, possessions etc
The ECO will be looking to see if, on the basis of probabilities, the aspects of your life that bind you to your country outweigh those aspects that may cause you to be unwilling to return to your home country, or even to attempt to change or extend your visa status.

As the sponsor who'll shoulder all the costs I would suggest you consider submitting the following typical supporting documents:-

- 6 months bank statements
- 6 months pay slips
- Proof of address (eg utility bill, Council Tax etc)
- Accommodation details and the including owner's agreement for them to stay.
- Passport copy (Photo page, any relevant stamp pages)
- P60 (if available)
- The main reasons for wanting the applicant(S) to travel at the specific time
- Confirmation that you'll be supporting all the costs

As I said, the visa application cost is very low.
My recommendation would be to do the best you can to minimise risks, provide all the documents and get the application submitted.
If it turns out to fall for refusal, then take careful not of the specific reasons given, counter/rectify them and apply again.
The decision process is pretty quick just a couple of weeks.

C'mon get on it, usually a so-called Family Visa application is somewhat less often refused.

ianlg8
18th June 2013, 22:19
We will start the application on september for a family visit visa. Hopefully it goes fine. Thanks for the info. Still a bit concerned about my parents finances.