PDA

View Full Version : Cooking!

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 09:38
Anyone here who likes to cook? Or dabble at cooking?

Want to share recipes, cooking experiments, even foibles? :)

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 09:39
YES
my kind of thread:Hellooo:

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 09:40
OHHH - poo!
i look gay now :doh

zef
2nd September 2007, 09:48
Wow you guys are so kind offering to cook my dinner. :icon_lol::icon_lol: Should I bring dessert. :Erm:

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 09:53
I don't think any guy who likes to cook (and can!) is gay. I think it's pretty awesome if a guy can cook.

I should be cooking dinner. I've had the meat out thawing for about an hour but I still don't know what to cook!

Do you know of any easy recipe for cooking pork?

zef, yes, bring dessert. LOL

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 09:54
Anyone here who likes to cook? Or dabble at cooking?

Want to share recipes, cooking experiments, even foibles? :)

One of my hobbies but what kind of recipe you want.

[quote=barnsley-mark;33155]OHHH - poo!
i look gay now :doh[/quote

Mark, you're not!!! in fact some of the good cook are male.

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 09:59
Thanks, Char - sorry i cannot remember your name.
I want to learn to cook lots of Filli foods.
I love traditional recipes.
I do not eat shell fish! - if something lives in water and has legs or a shell then it makes me sick.

any meat or vegatable dishes are good.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 10:03
Something really easy, charwill!

I don't really have a lot of ingredients since I don't cook as often as I would like to. Plus there's a lot of stuff that I don't like! LOL. That's primarily why I learned to cook so I can put only the ingredients that I like.

I could probably do adobo or sinigang (sour pork something, I don't know how this translates in English) but I want something that I can eat without rice.

Shifty-Sidney
2nd September 2007, 10:06
I love to cook,
Adobo is real easy and good for pork.

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 10:10
Would you believe that I have trouble with adobo sometimes? LOL

Geez, okay. I'll probably do a pork steak then. It's 5 already and I haven't cooked!

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 10:12
Sorry guys, been busy reading threads. Pork steak dear. Try that..

and Mark, your correct addressing me as Char, short for Charity

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 10:14
3/4 kilo tender pork or beef steaks, sliced
1 tablespoon kalamansi or lemon juice
5 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1 small piece ginger, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup onions, sliced in rings
4 tablespoons cooking oilPork Steak Cooking Instructions:

Marinate the pork in kalamansi (lemon) juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper for 30 minutes.
In a frying, add cooking oil. Add the marinated pork or beef steak and cook slow until done.
Increase heat for a minute or two to brown steaks.
Add the sliced onions and continue to cook for another minute.
Serve on a platter including the oil and sauce.
Best served with hot plain rice.

aromulus
2nd September 2007, 10:20
any meat or vegatable dishes are good.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

aromulus
2nd September 2007, 10:21
3/4 kilo tender pork or beef steaks, sliced
1 tablespoon kalamansi or lemon juice
5 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic
1 small piece ginger, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup onions, sliced in rings
4 tablespoons cooking oilPork Steak Cooking Instructions:

Marinate the pork or beef steak in kalamansi (lemon) juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper for 30 minutes.
In a frying, add cooking oil. Add the marinated pork or beef steak and cook slow until done.
Increase heat for a minute or two to brown steaks.
Add the sliced onions and continue to cook for another minute.
Serve on a platter including the oil and sauce.
Best served with hot plain rice.

Kilos...????????????

You cooking for an army???:Erm:

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 10:24
Mark, try to learn how to cook curry.....

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 10:30
Thanks, Charity! That is how I do my pork steak, well, minus the cooking oil. I just basically let it boil in a pot, and when the meat's tender, I add the onions and let it boil/simmer some more before I kill the heat.

Curry's good! I love chicken curry. Would like to try making a pork version some time.

purplealien
2nd September 2007, 10:34
I try cooking Chicken Adobo like my girlfriend does, but it never quite tastes the same ! and no its not gay for a bloke to cook...

aphrael
2nd September 2007, 10:38
I could never get my adobo to taste the same as my mom's, purplealien.

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 11:49
I could never get my adobo to taste the same as my mom's, purplealien.

Try to marinate the chicken before cooking.

Marinate chiken to:
soy sauce, garlic, pineapple juice and kalamansi/lemon juice for 1 hour before cooking.

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 11:51
Kilos...????????????

You cooking for an army???:Erm:

Aromulus, it's only 3/4 not a kilo. But of course you can do it less than that. It's only a pattern. It's entirely up to u how much quantity are u going to cook. :D

charlwill
2nd September 2007, 11:54
Thanks, Charity! That is how I do my pork steak, well, minus the cooking oil. I just basically let it boil in a pot, and when the meat's tender, I add the onions and let it boil/simmer some more before I kill the heat.

Curry's good! I love chicken curry. Would like to try making a pork version some time.

You can try vegetables, beef for curry.

Mich
3rd September 2007, 11:42
i need help in that department... never really have the knack for it. :NoNo:

me mama said, i got to learn how to cook coz my future husband would kicked me out of the house... :NoNo: cant i just marry a chef? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aphrael
3rd September 2007, 12:20
i need help in that department... never really have the knack for it. :NoNo:

me mama said, i got to learn how to cook coz my future husband would kicked me out of the house... :NoNo: cant i just marry a chef? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LOL. My mom said something similar to me. It wasn't until I moved out that I was forced to learn how to cook. Not that I haven't been cooking before. I knew how to cook some dishes that I really really liked. These dishes were typically no-brainers. They're easy to prepare. And no, they're not the fried kind. :)

I am cooking chili tomorrow! Yippeeee! :BouncyHappy:

Mich
3rd September 2007, 12:56
i was living on my own since 1999 (on and off) yet i havent learned much coz i was lucky to live in a boarding house or dorms that has cafeterias. LOL and i happen to have housemates who are great cooks. so i just do the dishes LOL.

i just know simple dishes to cook like fried fish, meat, hehehe...

silver13
3rd September 2007, 14:01
Mmm cooking:-) i really don't fancy cooking before and one more thing i don't have much time to do so, i told Paul before that i am not good into it just in case he will be turned off but luckily that's ok with him. Now that i'm with him, i was forced to learn how to cook and found out it's fun really:BouncyHappy:

All the recipes i didn't try to cook in the Phil., i tried it here and i found out that i am not that bad cook:icon_lol: in fact Paul likes them:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Pepe n Pilar
3rd September 2007, 15:13
Hi Char... You're really a great chef!... How i wish i will be good in the kitchen too.... Watch out for my call.....I will be your student

mommyhere
3rd September 2007, 17:45
try this...Chicken Rosemary

make sure that the whole dressed chicken is thawed properly..like natural thawing..inside the fridge..so there'll be no contamination in the process...
Then just sprinkle salt and pepper, dash of paprika, and dash of Knorr Aromat.. then make sure you have this fresh rosemary leaves...fold it inside out like the first four ingredients.. and to add more aroma..just leave one twigs of fresh rosemary inside the chicken and roast it for total of 20 mins...in 350F preheated oven for 5mins..then lowered it into 180degrees and just buttered pasta..humm WELLA!!! Bon appetit!!...

mommyhere
3rd September 2007, 17:48
By the way..I forgot to tell this....let the chicken rest in the fridge and let the spices binds with the meat for at least 30mins...

mommyhere
3rd September 2007, 17:52
Mitch you should learn...that's my first love..Cooking!!! I love Italian dishes and only Paella and Callos for a Spanish cooking..And speaking of adobo...try lamb!!! THE BEST!!! Lamb is my favorite..esp with mint jelly..oh lala.. A lot better than angus steak... and cheaper

mommyhere
3rd September 2007, 17:53
Also one of my favorite and my especialites...PAELLA and BACALAU...yummy!!!

wynna
3rd September 2007, 18:56
I really love to cook. It is a great fun doing the cooking. I think that cooking is really something that you need to learn or at least try/consider doing. I've known a filipina here in the uk and she just kept on craving for the fil. foods cos she knows nothing at all when it comes to cooking, and funny cos when her husband is out and nobodys' going to cook for her, she'll end up with oil and soy sauce with the rice.:NoNo:
Wherever you are if you know how to cook then you'll always feel at home. :) You can always make yourself proud and happy.

hilda_danao
3rd September 2007, 21:14
that's right wynna. a wife should know how to cook.
my cooking bestfriend is www.pinoycook.net. really good and practical recipes for pinoy abroad.

Paul&Jesse
3rd September 2007, 22:55
When cooking Chicken Adobo I have learnt don’t try to give “back seat advice” such remove the seeds of a chilli before using in the dish ( I was worried that it might be too hot for me). We found, to both our costs, if done with your fingers, after about ten minutes, you begin to feel the pain that is normally attribute to that third degree burns and, if you have been unfortunate enough to rub your eyes, causes temporary blindness! An emergency long distance to my sister ensued (she is a chef- woke her up it was the middle of the night) who thankfully told us (in between the swear words) that to ease the pain you have to soak the affected areas with milk!

Moral of the story your wife / fiancée / girl friend knows best; she has probably been cooking it since she was a little girl.

Pepe n Pilar
4th September 2007, 08:28
Also one of my favorite and my especialites...PAELLA and BACALAU...yummy!!!

I like paella too...

KeithD
4th September 2007, 09:37
cant i just marry a chef? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You'll find English guys are very good at meals like chips, sausage, ice cream, black toast and curry......with lots of tomato sauce & hot chilli......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hilda_danao
4th September 2007, 10:24
the best cook/chef in the world are men. take Gordon ramsay for example :D

KeithD
4th September 2007, 10:57
the best cook/chef in the world are men. take Gordon ramsay for example :D

:furious3:

mommyhere
4th September 2007, 11:22
hummmmm laddle and muscles....and good looks!!!! Taste Yummy!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mommyhere
4th September 2007, 11:32
Being a cook is not an easy job.....Once ur the cook...you will never become a guest of the party. Despite of the sweat, the heat :cwm23: the burns and scalds, not to mention the the preparations from the menu selections, concoctions, marketing and mise en place...:Brick: you still end up like your shaking and trembling..tensions altogether while u did the dirty works and all you will just find yourself trying to open ur ears and radar just to hear the comments of every single guest in the party, who just came in well dressed, hair fresh from the salon..smelling like bouquet and given the privilege to taste and savor what you've worked for and ends up being a food critic for every single dish they'll gonna put into their plates :NoNo::NoNo:.............hayyyyyyyy :ARsurrender::ARsurrender:

pennybarry
5th September 2007, 06:13
I believe that BEST cook are men:xxgrinning--00xx3: i.e. WOK w. Yan:D, my brods cook better than me, so do my husband:doh .
Every weekend, I made Spring Rolls, Embotido, and Crispy pork, just stick in the fridge and fry when hubby comes home during weekends. I also cook chinese CHOW Mien and Chinese FRIed rice. That's the only cooking hubby can eat and his favourite:D

pennybarry
5th September 2007, 06:16
" THE BEST WAY TO WIN A MAN IS THRU HIS STOMACH" so, will try to learn more about cooking:action-smiley-081:

anya
5th September 2007, 06:28
cant i just marry a chef? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You can marry my boyfriend's bestfriend. He is a great cook. :icon_lol: Just make sure you enrol again in a gym, it's a shame to see the sexy bod gaining "baby fats". :icon_lol: