PDA

View Full Version : Dear flights i think

stevewool
5th April 2013, 17:39
well just looking at flights around the xmas time, either before or after and what prices they are.
They all look so expensive and internal flights from the islands too they are not as cheap anymore, any tips in finding cheap flights i have looked on Skyscanner and Cebu Air, not looked on Zest yet, Ems dont fancy flying with them.

Terpe
5th April 2013, 18:49
Chistmas time is always busy.
Have you tried flights on Boxing day ?

stevewool
5th April 2013, 18:53
yep all seem so much cash but i have lots of time on my hands and will keep looking:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th April 2013, 19:09
yep all seem so much cash but i have lots of time on my hands and will keep looking:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I did some quick checks direct on airline websites :yikes:

Couldn't believe them prices at all.
Cathay nearly £2k
Singapore £1400

Even good old KLM ramps up the prices from October to around £1200 xmas time flights

What's going on ????????????????
:crazy:

Terpe
5th April 2013, 19:18
Emirates and Etihad both £1400

:doh

Jamesey
5th April 2013, 19:40
I've just booked our flights for this Christmas. After lots of searching, I managed to get them for £850 with Asiana, which I was quite pleased with. They're at the weekends too, which means I maximise my time off work. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The only thing that's worrying me is the current situation in Korea! The connection is in Seoul and Asiana are Korean, so hopefully everything will have calmed down by the time we depart.

You might be able to get cheaper flights in the period between Xmas and New Year.

Terpe
5th April 2013, 19:52
I've just booked our flights for this Christmas. After lots of searching, I managed to get them for £850 with Asiana, which I was quite pleased with. They're at the weekends too, which means I maximise my time off work. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The only thing that's worrying me is the current situation in Korea! The connection is in Seoul and Asiana are Korean, so hopefully everything will have calmed down by the time we depart.

You might be able to get cheaper flights in the period between Xmas and New Year.

May I ask how long is the total flight time ?

There's quite a few flights available at prices between £760 - £870 but the total travel time on one or both legs exceeds what I will accept.
I try to keep below 20 hours.
Factors other than cheap price are important for us.

stevie c
5th April 2013, 20:07
Hmmmm like peter said what are the flight times ad price is not everything
I wont entertain any flight above 18 hrs

Terpe
5th April 2013, 20:07
Finnair flight to Manila via Helsinki Dec 17 is £868.
Both flights come in under my limit of 20hrs (return 19h 35mins)

From Dec 18 onwards the same flights are almost £2k :NoNo::NoNo:

Terpe
5th April 2013, 20:09
Oh where did my post go about flight times go??
Never mind

stevie c
5th April 2013, 20:11
Finnair flight to Manila via Helsinki Dec 17 is £868.
Both flights come in under my limit of 20hrs (return 19h 35mins)

From Dec 18 onwards the same flights are almost £2k :NoNo::NoNo:

Quite a decent price there peter i never knew that finnair flew to manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
5th April 2013, 20:30
i must admit both my flights before was cheap £550 and £615 and that was xmas but i will not pay the prices they are asking now, maybe have to book for the following xmas in the sales, but i will keep looking just in case

Terpe
5th April 2013, 20:45
Quite a decent price there peter i never knew that finnair flew to manila :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I did that route twice Steve. Very reasonable prices, good timings and as I recall I got 45kg checked baggage.
Service was good too. Not sure how it stacks up these days though

Jamesey
5th April 2013, 21:32
May I ask how long is the total flight time ?

There's quite a few flights available at prices between £760 - £870 but the total travel time on one or both legs exceeds what I will accept.
I try to keep below 20 hours.
Factors other than cheap price are important for us.

I agree that cost isn't everything. you need to balance all the factors that are important and decide whether it's good value. We're travelling with a 1 year old and a 5 year old, so short durations were a priority for us too!

The flight from London to Seoul is 11 hours and Seoul to Manila is 4 hours. The total flight time is only slightly longer than the HK/Singapore/KL option.

On the way out, the stopover is 3 hours, but on the way back it's 9 hours. That's probably the worst thing about the flights. But considering the departure and arrival times, they were still the best flights I could find.

Ako Si Jamie
5th April 2013, 23:17
£769 with Cathay Pacific going to either Manila, Clark or Cebu but you can't leave before Xmas Eve.

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/flight-search/flight/42.html

Don't delay Steve. :wink:

junior02
6th April 2013, 04:09

They don't, you get off in hong kong..

stevewool
6th April 2013, 06:58
£769 with Cathay Pacific going to either Manila, Clark or Cebu but you can't leave before Xmas Eve.

http://www.pic-uk.com/special-offers/flight-search/flight/42.html

Don't delay Steve. :wink:

seen these prices but the problem is my bro and his partner wabts to come this time, thats what they say but somehow i dont think it will happen, and i am not going to book anything without it being best for me and Ems

Steve.r
6th April 2013, 08:17
It is nice to be there for Christmas Steve, but really the prices are crazy because the airlines know people will pay it. I think I would have to be realistic and say that this time of year is out of the question. Think how far that money goes on annual bills or the retirement fund. Normally, there are a couple of days just after Christmas day that the prices really drop, have you checked all permutations?

mickmyrna
6th April 2013, 17:07
Hi there ! try Qatar Airways direct - I checked online and the cheapest one I found was for a day in August, in economy class Manchester to Cebu for £553.60

stevie c
6th April 2013, 17:13
I did that route twice Steve. Very reasonable prices, good timings and as I recall I got 45kg checked baggage.
Service was good too. Not sure how it stacks up these days though

Thanks for the info peter im flying with cathay in 3 weeks time but most definatkey will look at finnair in our next trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
6th April 2013, 20:11
Thanks for the info peter im flying with cathay in 3 weeks time but most definatkey will look at finnair in our next trip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

They use quite a few different airlines on the HK - Manila / Manila HK leg. They often use Philippines Airlines too
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just watch those flight timings etc

Ako Si Jamie
6th April 2013, 23:22
I was thinking of flying with Finnair on my last trip. Saw a flight to HK for just over £400 but the connections with flights to the Phils were not suitable.

stevewool
7th April 2013, 10:08
£704 flying out dec 28th come back jan 27th, cathypacific, i dont think that sounds bad at all, plus the times are very very good too,just lets hope Ems can have the time off

Terpe
9th April 2013, 13:02
The thing I didn't like about those Etihad flights was the entertainment.
Didn't think much about the film on the flight. It turned out to be an boring 8 hour animation about a plane travelling from Heathrow to Abu Dahbi

So whatever you do don't watch that movie 'Time To Destination' :biggrin:

chippy
21st April 2013, 13:00
Try from LHR steve it always seems cheaper for us.

SimonH
23rd April 2013, 06:10
Emirates are flying into Clark as of November, they may have some promo fairs on as it's a new route.

andy222
25th April 2013, 17:35
Just booked mine £675 from birmingham for september. I booked with skyscanner crystal travel were expensive for the same flight.

irishman12
25th April 2013, 18:22
Just booked mine £675 from birmingham for september. I booked with skyscanner crystal travel were expensive for the same flight.

hi andy ,skyscanner is just a comparison site -don't think you can actually book flight with them -they just redirect you to some company ?

andy222
25th April 2013, 20:09
Your right irishman i got it with netflights.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. skyscanner directed me to them.

Terpe
25th April 2013, 20:18
Your right irishman i got it with netflights.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. skyscanner directed me to them.

Good ole Skyscanner :xxgrinning--00xx3:
At least your efforts got rewarded Andy :Jump:

andy222
25th April 2013, 21:34
Thanks Terpe but I have checked netflights out and they are on the ATOL list. I am always jubiuos since I got ripped off the first time with a rogue company. This is one flight I cant afford to miss. Hopefully I will have all the documents in tow.:icon_rolleyes: