PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, being without ones sweety sure stinks!

Philip
29th October 2005, 18:55
:( Oh dear, after the highs of meeting, spending all my time with my love, then... THEN reality striked and our two weeks together came to an end, several tearful goodbye's later I'm on the plane bound for the UK... ****!

Damn how we miss each other!!!

Any tips on how to deal with the rather horrible feeling of missing a loved one, knowing you have to wait till april/may before you can be reunited(temporarily) once again? I'm sure many of you have gone through this before.

Admin
29th October 2005, 20:35
Go the offy, get 10 cans of Strongbow....knock them back.....enjoy :)

3 side-effects though;
1) It's a depressant...so you'll feel worse :(
2) If you call her, you'll sound like a complete ass on an alcky :o
3) Hangover.... :blink:

If that doesn't work, put pics of her everywhere in the house, enough so that your family think you need a pychiatrist :D

Pauldo
29th October 2005, 23:17
Originally posted by manila bound@Oct 29 2005, 06:55 PM
:( Oh dear, after the highs of meeting, spending all my time with my love, then... THEN reality striked and our two weeks together came to an end, several tearful goodbye's later I'm on the plane bound for the UK... ****!

Any tips on how to deal with the rather horrible feeling of missing a loved one, knowing you have to wait till april/may before you can be reunited(temporarily) once again? I'm sure many of you have gone through this before.

Quoted post

If you could find an answer to that problem most all the love stories written over the last 5000 years would have been a flop ;) :D

andypaul
29th October 2005, 23:34
Originally posted by manila bound@Oct 29 2005, 06:55 PM

Quoted post

Its hard and I feel for you, just a year and 4 months ago My now Wife and I first had to be parted after a lovely two weeks. We are now together after what seemed an age but when we look on it now it seems just like yesterday since we first met.

Its tough being apart but the best way is to throw your self into working hard to bring you both together. Paperwork, working hard to save up Money etc.

Also you need to be strong as my Wife and I when disscussing this matter found that its even harder for your wife.

In theory you can jump on a plane tomorrow and fly over(money and time of work permitting) but your Girlfriend is unable to due to lack of visa however much money and spare time she has.

So you need to be strong and supportive to your Girlfriend.

I found researching the latest procedures both phill and UK(which seemed to constantly change), finding the cheapest ways of emailing,sending parcels, sending money etc. Finding out about faclities for your Girlfriend once she is in the UK(Shops,courses,jobs). This helped me to stay foccussed and get though the bad days.

I remeber you writing about your Girlfriend possibly taking an English Course or Caregivers course which will keep her occupied and feeling progress is being made. My Wife sometimes was frustrated due to what seemed to be yet another piece of paper we needed to obtain.

I wish you all the best and I'm sure you will soon be together :)

ginapeterb
1st November 2005, 10:18
Oh dear, after the highs of meeting, spending all my time with my love, then... THEN reality striked and our two weeks together came to an end, several tearful goodbye's later I'm on the plane bound for the UK... ****!

Hey we hear you, its exciting preparing for the 2 weeker in the Phils, you get ready, you booked your flight, and you have been working hard to get ready, and then the big day comes along, youre up early in the morning, cant sleep night before, packed your suitcase and its downstairs near the door, ok with me so far, you have your nice clothes, money, tickets, all ready, and its down to the airport, checking in, cant wait for the flight to take off, apprehensive all the way over, and finally after 14 hours or near abouts, you land, and its off to pleasure Island for you my freind, heheheheeh, 1st day is great, you talk all the time, go to hotel room, and chat and it seems like you knew each other all your life, its all new sights and sounds for you, hustling and bustling of Manila/Cebu traffic, new sights, new smells, new sounds, life is great, couldnt be better, pinch me someone just to check I am here, but dont worry, you wont believe it, even if you know its real !! dinner out, great breakfast in the morning, long lay ins ! flying to Boracay, sandy beaches, banka trips, massages on the beach, pina colladas, long lazy nights, hot weather and sand sea and s.....

Then its the day before you go back, your quiet, thinking about the long flight back, saying goodbyes, last minute checks, last day out shopping in Glorietta, trying to hide your perils, day of the flight, smiling, nervously, hating the goodbye, she is crying, you are trying to hide your crying, see her for the last time, wave to her through the airport windows, you come back to take one last glimpse, is she still there, cant see her for all the people, she is gone, you walk to immigration, see others in same boat as you, you notice the faces, hoping to chat with like minded ones, everyone is waiting to go somewhere, finally, you board, take off, and think all the way across, back to UK urrrrghhhhhhhh.......

14 hours later, land at Heathrow/Glasgow, your destination, look out of the window, same p.....weather, freezing bloody cold, get bags, go to car, get train, take bus, get home, 2 ton of junk mail on doorstep, reality has arrived.....

WE HEAR YOU MANILA BOUND, JOIN THE CLUB, WEVE ALL DONE IT !!!! 7 TIMES FOR ME ACTUALLY, DONT WORRY, IT GETS BETTER.

1. Keep your relationship live by texting, e mails, chat, calling.
2. Keep in touch with us at this Forum, we will support you.
3. Research your next stage ...and be prepared.
4. Tell your Fiancee..everything you do for her and keep her informed every stage.
5. Keep busy in your work.
6. Set small worthwile achievable goals.
7. make a plan of action and list...your next months, 3 months, 6 months goals and cross them off when you achieve them.
8. Keep smiling.
9. Stay close to those who have done this...they understand.
10. Stay the course, its worth it in the end.

Best of luck

Philip
1st November 2005, 14:57
Originally posted by ginapeterb@Nov 1 2005, 09:18 AM
Hey we hear you...
Best of luck

Quoted post

Hey thanks for this!

The thing is, i'm not sure what the next stage should be, visit again and then after that begin the daunting visa process or maybe start all that while i'm there or maybe it's best to leave it till after a 3rd visit!?

Admin
1st November 2005, 17:33
The more visits, the better it looks on the Visa processing. I made 7 to see the wife before we applied, and they were well impressed with that.....considering I'm an ugly git of a scouser :lol: :lol:

Philip
1st November 2005, 19:50
Originally posted by admin@Nov 1 2005, 04:33 PM
The more visits, the better it looks on the Visa processing. I made 7 to see the wife before we applied, and they were well impressed with that.....considering I'm an ugly git of a scouser :lol: :lol:

Quoted post

What timescale did these 7 visits fit into?

This next visit should be for a whole month.

I guess it's just going to have to be support, supporrt, support - save, save, save from now on!!! :blink: Oh yeah, then there's the actual relationship, ehehe. :D

Pauldo
1st November 2005, 21:28
Originally posted by manila bound@Nov 1 2005, 07:50 PM
What timescale did these 7 visits fit into?

This next visit should be for a whole month.

I guess it's just going to have to be support, supporrt, support - save, save, save from now on!!! :blink: Oh yeah, then there's the actual relationship, ehehe. :D

Quoted post

I saw my wife six months a year for seven years before we applied for the visa. They literally threw it at us and said "Get the hell outta the Philippines, you fools, save yourselves, it's not too late" :D :D :lol: :wacko: :ph34r:

Admin
1st November 2005, 21:49
Over 2 years, each visit was for 3 weeks. I'm lucky in that money, and time off aren't a problem.

I actually miss all the running around now the missus is here, but we still visit Singapore twice a year to be out in Asia :)

Philip
2nd November 2005, 05:39
You guys are lucky, at best I get 4 1/2 weeks off a year. :(

Pauldo
2nd November 2005, 09:23
Originally posted by manila bound@Nov 2 2005, 05:39 AM
You guys are lucky, at best I get 4 1/2 weeks off a year. :(

Quoted post

I was in that boat too, for some 15 years, waiting all year for my two week annual holiday and a road trip to France, or Spain, on my bike. Then when it arrived it was usually all over in a blink of an eye. And it was another year of planning and dreaming.

Then, when I was 30, I sold my house and cut loose to travel the world. Slipped £15,000 'profit' in my back pocket and I was off. Of course, the money didn't last forever, and withing two years I was in Singapore banging on office doors looking for a job.

I got a job in a sailing boat yard for two years, then that started to fall apart and I then got a job working offshore in the oil industry. I'm still there, some 13 years later. Originally we worked 8 weeks on, 4 off, but about eight years ago we went to 6 on, 6 off. Obviously a great job for a guy who wants to see the world and have a laugh.

There's plenty of jobs out there doing similar work schedules, just a case of looking in the right places, and having some sort of trade you can ply.

Admin
2nd November 2005, 10:28
Or you can visit my other site and become a professional gambler like so many of my members :) www.win2win.co.uk

I don't know, spamming on my own site :lol: