PDA

View Full Version : Just back from trip with Etihad

DaveW
2nd April 2013, 21:07
Came back last week after 3 weeks in Phils with Etihad. Its the first time i've been with them as normally i prefer Cathay or Singapore. But i must say that they were pretty good. Its a harder flight in terms of stress i felt. I was a 7 hour then a 9. I prefer a long 12 hour then a 2 or 3.
You definately notice the difference in cabin crew quality. Even though they were plesent, there was still an edge of rudeness about them. They were mainly eastern european, english or asian. But nowhere near as professional as the Asian airlines.
But anyway, they get you to your destination still give you beer when you ask and were ontime. The flight timings are good also.
So next time I'll see..

stevewool
2nd April 2013, 21:21
i used them for my first trip and was upgraded too, so that cant be bad:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
2nd April 2013, 21:45
I have flown with Ethiad and Qatar airlines and find Ethiad a better flying experience.

My flight with Ethiad was from Manchester to Manila via Abu Dhabi and the first leg was about 7 hours second leg 8 hrs 30 with the first part being so comfortable with lots of leg room even in economy and a half full flight.(I have found out this is normally the case on this route)

The second leg was an almost full flight and felt cramped compared to first leg, I know a different type of aircraft but still a nice experience I would definitely travel with them again.

DaveW
2nd April 2013, 21:59
Yes the route from London to Abu Dhabi was almost empty and apparently it is quite normal.
So we all had a middle row of 4 seats to ourselves, which is nice. Flight from Abu Dhabi was packed full of OFWs, which is nice to see. All happy to be going home!

grahamw48
2nd April 2013, 22:30
My last flight was with Etihad too. Not too bad.

A lot can depend upon who is sitting near to you, and how annoying they are. My flight was full on all legs though.

RickyR
3rd April 2013, 05:59
To be honest in economy, there is so little difference between airlines that I find it hard to justify going with one or the other. It's better to just balance price/schedule.
Etihad in business is great, and we used to fly them a lot. Current company policy won't allow us to fly any UAE airlines.

Ako Si Jamie
4th April 2013, 23:48
I notice an edge of rudeness by cabin crew on all airlines and that includes Cathay Pacific. Worse though were the Thai air hostesses on the Manila-Bangkok leg with Kuwait Airways.

chippy
21st April 2013, 13:02
Just came back last monday from cebu with Kuwait airline the airline that employes staff that dont know how to smile.

RickyR
21st April 2013, 16:55
Oh Kuwait, I'm normally not too fussy about airlines, but a few years back I flew to Manila with Kuwait in economy, and didnt bother using the return segment I hated them that much. Used qatar coming back.

Drewturner
21st April 2013, 19:09
I flew with Etihad too from Heathrow to Abu Dhabi to Manila, thought they were excellent! Nice food, friendly staff and all on time.

songz777
21st April 2013, 20:50
I flew with Etihad too from Heathrow to Abu Dhabi to Manila, thought they were excellent! Nice food, friendly staff and all on time.

Yes I used Etihad 2 times now and they have been very good to me, good food, service, appearence, etc 7.5 hr flight then 9.25 hours but very satisfied with their service. :smile:

melovesengland
22nd April 2013, 10:25
Came back last week after 3 weeks in Phils with Etihad. Its the first time i've been with them as normally i prefer Cathay or Singapore. But i must say that they were pretty good. Its a harder flight in terms of stress i felt. I was a 7 hour then a 9. I prefer a long 12 hour then a 2 or 3.
You definately notice the difference in cabin crew quality. Even though they were plesent, there was still an edge of rudeness about them. They were mainly eastern european, english or asian. But nowhere near as professional as the Asian airlines.
But anyway, they get you to your destination still give you beer when you ask and were ontime. The flight timings are good also.
So next time I'll see..

Ive been with Etihad since and I do like the service. Ive been to a 9-12 hours stay over I think and it was good as their airport is clean and lovely. Nice though. Good for you!

London_Manila
23rd April 2013, 00:53
Ive been with Etihad since and I do like the service. Ive been to a 9-12 hours stay over I think and it was good as their airport is clean and lovely. Nice though. Good for you!

Omg that sounds like my worst nightmare :omg:

I refuse to use these airlines because of the long stopovers

50 minutes in Hong Kong is about as long as i can handle :wink:

Steve.r
23rd April 2013, 03:46
I guess it depends on what specific dates you want to fly on, if you are in a particular rush or how much money you have to spend. We cant all take the best times flights.

grahamw48
23rd April 2013, 08:26
Too true.

Poorer people like myself would be prepared to walk part of the way if necessary. :cwm3:

Iani
23rd April 2013, 12:15
I really like Etihad, and the bonus is they are often the cheapest.
As for the stopovers you have to be careful to select the flight with the change time you want.

RickyR
23rd April 2013, 12:33
The Yas island hotels are fairly close to the airport, so in the event the a long stopover (12 hrs or so) is £60 cheaper, then you could break the journey up with a rest mid way, I have done that.