PDA

View Full Version : Hotels Hong Kong

timbo
2nd April 2013, 20:16
2 weeks to go! Can anybody suggest hotel in Hong Kong 3 nights. Me rose and austin(2.5 yrs). Getting kind of bored looking at the hotels sites. Want to be on Hong Kong island. But middle of the pay scheme. Any experiences welcomed!!

grahamw48
2nd April 2013, 22:38
I'd like to advise, but I've only ever stayed in the Chungking Mansions doss house on Kowloon side. Cheap as chips if you're brave. :biggrin:
- Later got my own apartment.

Jamesey
2nd April 2013, 23:00
We once stayed at the Salisbury YMCA. It was brilliant! I really couldn't find any faults. It had just been refurbished, the airport bus stops just outside, it's next to the iconic Peninsula Hotel, right in the middle of the action in Kowloon and opposite the Star Ferry terminal.

Very good rate too.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
3rd April 2013, 00:09
Just round the corner from me and all the other peasants.

That has to be one of the poshest YMCAs in the world. lol

We could could only dream of staying there instead of our :censored:house. :icon_lol:

(The Peninsula Hotel is the last building of the row on the right of this picture...facing the harbour and HK island...but don't bother getting prices for that. They will pick you up from the airport in one of their 15 new Rolls Royces though.....should you decide to pay for a room. :) ).

Pete/London
3rd April 2013, 00:13
Stayed at the Hyatt last summer, top class hotel and got quite a good rate with Hotel.com. There were cheaper ones but like you we got bored with looking.
You can get the express from the airport and then the hotel shuttle bus.

Terpe
3rd April 2013, 15:58
2 weeks to go! Can anybody suggest hotel in Hong Kong 3 nights. Me rose and austin(2.5 yrs). Getting kind of bored looking at the hotels sites. Want to be on Hong Kong island. But middle of the pay scheme. Any experiences welcomed!!

You could always try looking on the British Airways website.
They partner a pretty wide range of hotels for all budgets and generally all of a good quality and location.

Not suggesting you need to book with them. Just a search idea.

It's a pretty well organised search without too many in each category to make your head spin.

Food for thought. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveW
3rd April 2013, 21:15
Stayed in the Cosmo and Comopolitan which is next door a few times. Prices are good for HK. Its in Causeway Bay or almost Wanchai. Right next to Happy Valley racecourse. being HK everything is near by or a MTR ride away. Taxi to Ocean Park only 10 mins. Rooms are good. Stayed in others in HK but normally try to pick this.