PDA

View Full Version : china southern airlines?

lilbasuk
1st April 2013, 22:29
hello, :Wave:

both times ive been to phils ive booked direct with KLM this year ive booked through crystal travel to save abit of money. im traveling from birmingham to manila with china southern airlines but on my E-ticket it says in the corner KLM operated flight ? does thi meen im still flying with KLM ? or maybe just the first flight to amsterdam ? like i say ive always booked direct before so not sure how this works. any advice or information would be much appreciated. cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
2nd April 2013, 07:34
I think you will find china southern is part of the skyteam which consists of Klm airfrance and china southern.. I like you travel from birmingham and have traveled with china southern. You will travel to amsterdam with klm the rest of the journey is with china southern. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Crystal travel are fine I had no problems. I also looked on skyscanner.

lilbasuk
2nd April 2013, 15:51
I think you will find china southern is part of the skyteam which consists of Klm airfrance and china southern.. I like you travel from birmingham and have traveled with china southern. You will travel to amsterdam with klm the rest of the journey is with china southern. You get what you pay for at the end of the day. Crystal travel are fine I had no problems. I also looked on skyscanner.

so does that mean i will need to pick up my checked bags at amsterdam and re-check them in to air china for the remainder of the flight, or do they still go direct from birmingham to manila ?

andy222
2nd April 2013, 19:56
They go straight to manila. Birmingham to manila.

lilbasuk
2nd April 2013, 21:59
cheers mate :xxgrinning--00xx3: ,cant have my bag going missing with all the toys in for the little one! lol

Ako Si Jamie
4th April 2013, 23:42
cheers mate :xxgrinning--00xx3: ,cant have my bag going missing with all the toys in for the little one! lolHow much is the flight from Birmingham? I find it a lot cheaper to fly from Heathrow. Brum flights are usually £700 + to the Phils.

RickyR
5th April 2013, 05:12
As mentioned, it depends no your ticket, in fact you could be on a completely china southern ticketed flight, but wholly operated by KLM or part KLM, part China Southern. Bags are fully interlined, so will be automatically checked through to the final destination. You can probably check in on either KLM or China Southern website, if one doesn't work try the other.

chrisincebu
5th April 2013, 08:00
Last KLM i got from/to Manila in December stopped in Taipei for an hour. So like andy222 mentions that particular stop i had would have been related to the partnership.
But for me, that was a KLM 777 plane Manila-Taipei-Amsterdam-(Newcastle) all the way.

lilbasuk
5th April 2013, 16:47
How much is the flight from Birmingham? I find it a lot cheaper to fly from Heathrow. Brum flights are usually £700 + to the Phils.
yeah it cost me about £800 but im happy cos it gets me into manila early so i can catch my domestic flight on the same day so saves me getting a hotel for the night.

im dreading the entertinment as ive read mixed reviews about it, im used to having the personal tv with loads of choice that klm offer. ..... oh well maybe il take a book aint read one of them things for years :yikes:

andy222
5th April 2013, 17:03
Just get some free drinks down your neck and sleep if you can.:icon_lol:. Its not that bad.

lilbasuk
5th April 2013, 17:32
Just get some free drinks down your neck and sleep if you can.:icon_lol:. Its not that bad.

mate i wish i could, im the lightest of lightests sleepers, last few times i found myself awake watchiin daft films or listening to abit of the prodigy while everyone else around me ws in the land off nod....:coolchickendance:

Ako Si Jamie
5th April 2013, 19:40
yeah it cost me about £800 but im happy cos it gets me into manila early so i can catch my domestic flight on the same day so saves me getting a hotel for the night.

im dreading the entertinment as ive read mixed reviews about it, im used to having the personal tv with loads of choice that klm offer. ..... oh well maybe il take a book aint read one of them things for years :yikes:Like I said you'd have been better getting a flight from Heathrow then stopping off at a hotel in Pasay near the airport for the night.

Flight £500 or just above
Coach ticket Birmingham to Heathrow return £30
Hotel in Pasay + airport transfer both ways £30 or under

Approx total £560.

Would have saved you at least £200.

lilbasuk
5th April 2013, 20:26
Like I said you'd have been better getting a flight from Heathrow then stopping off at a hotel in Pasay near the airport for the night.

Approx total £560.

cheers mate, noted for next time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Crystal Travel
20th April 2013, 15:23
Thanks For booking the ticket with us & we booked right ticket as per the requirements.

hello, :Wave:

both times ive been to phils ive booked direct with KLM this year ive booked through crystal travel to save abit of money. im traveling from birmingham to manila with china southern airlines but on my E-ticket it says in the corner KLM operated flight ? does thi meen im still flying with KLM ? or maybe just the first flight to amsterdam ? like i say ive always booked direct before so not sure how this works. any advice or information would be much appreciated. cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Crystal Travel
20th April 2013, 15:26
Very good prices for this.:xxgrinning--00xx3: ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS REMOVED

Like I said you'd have been better getting a flight from Heathrow then stopping off at a hotel in Pasay near the airport for the night.

Approx total £560.

andy222
20th April 2013, 15:27
You will be ok with crystal mate. I am booking next week but I might go with emirates. Its a bit more expensive but less connection time. They have a good price at the moment. I will have a look next week.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Crystal Travel
20th April 2013, 15:29
Hello Libasuk, ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS REMOVED

cheers mate, noted for next time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
20th April 2013, 15:32
Nice for you to come onboard this forum so to speak.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
20th April 2013, 17:21

Approx total £560.

That sounds great jamie but its a long way to heathrow from brum and you never know what will happen. Ok you can go to heathrow the day before and book into a hotel but thats defeating the object in my opinion. Each to his own i suppose.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
9th August 2013, 20:15
That sounds great jamie but its a long way to heathrow from brum and you never know what will happen. Ok you can go to heathrow the day before and book into a hotel but thats defeating the object in my opinion. Each to his own i suppose.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Fair point Andy. When I go to Heathrow I usually leave very early on a Friday morning from Brum, and the roads have been pretty quiet. I get to the airport about 4 hours before my flight but yes I suppose it's a bit of a risk.