PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE support Bantay Bata 163

ivybridge
1st April 2013, 12:25
Filipino British Association in Plymouth, (FBAiP) have decided to do some long term fundraising.

We would like to ask Associations, individuals and companies for their support.

We have been in touch with the charity Batay Bata 163, in Philippines and they have signified their appreciation of any fundraising that will help benefit their limited resources.

Bantay Bata help disadvantaged Filipino children. They are in their 15th year and continue to provide a wide variety of services, all having to do with the protection of children: a national Helpline, Rescue, Rehabilitation and Shelter, Medical, Legal, Feeding and Scholarship Programs.

Our intention is to raise funds throughout this year and into the next. Every single Peso raised will be presented to the charity during a visit to them in 2014 (which will NOT be funded from any donations).

To ensure complete transparency of ALL donations we will list them on a web page. The donor has a choice of having their name next to the relevant donation or they can remain anonymous.

If any business or Association would like their logo on the donation tracking page please contact us to discuss this further.

If you wish to make a contribution just let me know.

i can be contacted at,
john@fbaip.co.uk

Donations can be cash, cheque or bank transfer.

Donations can be tracked at,

http://www.fbaip.co.uk/ and then click on the bantay Bata 163 logo

I urge all individuals and associations etc., Please give, if only a small amount because as you know ultimately it will all mount up and WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE to the lives of some of the kids back in Philippines.

I can email you some of the official brochures if you so require.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Regards John
FBAiP Secretary
www.fbaip.co.uk

john@fbaip.co.uk

sars_notd_virus
1st April 2013, 13:03
If I want to donate ,I dont need a third party to do it for me ,..why will i have to go and register with FBAiP when i can go directly and donate trough Bantay bata 163 ?...just click the red button ''donate'' and the choices are there ...credit card,..check and money transfers.

http://www.bantaybata163.com/

Terpe
1st April 2013, 16:28
ivybridge,

I've removed your signature as I suspected it to be unauthorised advertising.
If you wish to advertise on the forum please contact Admin for permission and rates :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you already have permission please accept my apology and feel free to re-establish to your advertising signature.

webclinician
14th April 2013, 23:26
If I want to donate ,I dont need a third party to do it for me ,..why will i have to go and register with FBAiP when i can go directly and donate trough Bantay bata 163 ?...just click the red button ''donate'' and the choices are there ...credit card,..check and money transfers.

http://www.bantaybata163.com/

I actually support quite few charities in UK. Ageconcern, mind.org, nspcc.
I am also looking at bantay bata and rightly so you can do donations directly. You have to consider however that if your donation is only in the range of £20 monthly or less, much of the money will go to the bank for transaction fees. I still don't get it why don't they just open a paypal account where rates will be less.

I also considered collecting money in behalf of bantay bata to send money in bulk or through remittances but the greatest hindrance really is some people generally don't trust one another. Philippines especially is riddled with corruption. On the other hand, not doing anything is not an option for many.

andy222
15th April 2013, 07:24
No offence but I like to know where my money is going. I am already donating to causes that I dont want to. ie foreign aid to pakistan. And thatchers funeral. I did give to the red cross at the time of the floods in mindanao. And I am already giving a fair amount to the philipino economy.

melovesengland
15th April 2013, 12:18
I agree to you Sars! Why let third party involve if you can do it directly.

webclinician
15th April 2013, 19:50
No offence but I like to know where my money is going. I am already donating to causes that I dont want to. ie foreign aid to pakistan. And thatchers funeral. I did give to the red cross at the time of the floods in mindanao. And I am already giving a fair amount to the philipino economy.

Donation is different from tax.

andy222
15th April 2013, 20:56
How will I know where it going to though?. I want it to go to the right sources and not end up in some congressmans pocket.