PDA

View Full Version : Abstinence Holy Week

marksroomspain
30th March 2013, 11:58
Just views from our filipino other halves here on the forum...

What things do you abstain from during holy week and your views on the reasons why also the guys input on their other halves beliefs?

joebloggs
30th March 2013, 12:20
my misses doesn't go to church much any more, but I've gone with her most times she been, but always felt like a teetotaller at a beer festival :doh

good news for me she doesn't go, life is too short to be made to feel guilty :NoNo:

Arthur Little
30th March 2013, 13:24
:anerikke: ... all due respect to those who choose to go along with this Christian observance. But :iagree: that life's too short to deprive ourselves unnecessarily. :icon_rolleyes:

Terpe
30th March 2013, 13:37
We don't eat meat on Good Friday.

Last night we had Japanese style dinner with Miso soup with Wakame Seaweed, Rice with dried Nori Seaweed squares, Tofu with soy sauce sliced spring onion and grated ginger, Rolled Smoked Salmon slices with soy sauce and Wasabi (strong horseradish paste), Edamame bean salad and King Prawns. :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

imagine
30th March 2013, 13:51
(strong horseradish paste),:

not from Tesco I hope:yikes:

raynaputi
30th March 2013, 14:07
We don't eat meat on Good Friday.

Last night we had Japanese style dinner with Miso soup with Wakame Seaweed, Rice with dried Nori Seaweed squares, Tofu with soy sauce sliced spring onion and grated ginger, Rolled Smoked Salmon slices with soy sauce and Wasabi (strong horseradish paste), Edamame bean salad and King Prawns. :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

I also don't eat meat during Good Friday. I just cooked a seabass yesterday, just fried it. But I didn't force Keith to do the same as I never try to make him follow something that I know he doesn't believe. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyway, I made this Japanese Tofu Steak last week! I didn't put any ginger on top coz I don't like it but it doesn't matter. :Rasp:

And this Stir Fry Vegetables and Tofu. :biggrin:

Do you have an easy recipe of cooking miso soup Terpe??? I really want to have miso soup. I'm thinking of buying ready made ones in the cans but I'm not sure if it would be good or not. I really don't like tedious cooking..hahaha :icon_lol:

Terpe
30th March 2013, 14:57
Do you have an easy recipe of cooking miso soup Terpe??? I really want to have miso soup. I'm thinking of buying ready made ones in the cans but I'm not sure if it would be good or not. I really don't like tedious cooking..hahaha :icon_lol:

Making home-made miso soup is fairly easy, but it's difficult to find the ingredients in smallish quantities.

I have a suggestion though, we've found the very best 'instant' miso is on sale in Waitrose.
It's called Clearspring organic miso instant soup paste with sea vegetables (http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-72725-Clearspring+organic+miso+instant+soup+paste+with+sea+vegetables)

Click the link above to see the details. Just add hot water :hubbahubba:

skysisi
30th March 2013, 15:00
I love japanese foods as well coz i been working in japan before, sir terpe where did you buy the tofu here? Im looking that but i cant find it! Thank you

jake
30th March 2013, 15:03
We haven't eaten meat since Tuesday due to the abundance of masarap seafood.
Is fish meat?

Holy week in the Philippines is not really a somber occasion. If anything i would say it is party time!

raynaputi
30th March 2013, 15:06
Making home-made miso soup is fairly easy, but it's difficult to find the ingredients in smallish quantities.

I have a suggestion though, we've found the very best 'instant' miso is on sale in Waitrose.
It's called Clearspring organic miso instant soup paste with sea vegetables (http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-72725-Clearspring+organic+miso+instant+soup+paste+with+sea+vegetables)

I think we don't have Waitrose here near us! :Erm: :bigcry:

raynaputi
30th March 2013, 15:07
I love japanese foods as well coz i been working in japan before, sir terpe where did you buy the tofu here? Im looking that but i cant find it! Thank you

Check the Asian shops. I bought mine there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

skysisi
30th March 2013, 15:10
Ok i will maam rayna, im craving tofu lol , thank you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
30th March 2013, 15:13

I think we don't have Waitrose here near us! :Erm: :bigcry:

Oh I just checked from the Clearspring's website, they have stocks in Morrisons and Tesco too! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks for this Terpe! :heartshape1:

Michael Parnham
30th March 2013, 15:59
What will happen if you eat meat?:Erm:

jake
30th March 2013, 16:06
What will happen if you eat meat?:Erm:

You wont be able to fornicate on Saturday.

grahamw48
30th March 2013, 18:28
I drew the curtains and ate two fish and five loaves of bread. :smile:

Arthur Little
30th March 2013, 19:03
I drew the curtains and ate two fish and five loaves of bread. :smile:

:omg: ... you'll be "walking on water" :icon_lol: next, Graham!

Arthur Little
30th March 2013, 19:09
:omg: ... you'll be "walking on water" :icon_lol: next, Graham!

........................................ :yeahthat: ... 'course, not until you've opened the curtains, "fed the multitude" on the fish [paste] sand-wiches :biggrin: (from Tesco) - and turned the water into :Wine:

grahamw48
30th March 2013, 19:26
Not in Yorkshire mate. :biggrin:

Terpe
30th March 2013, 21:04

For all lovers of Tofu, if you want to sample the absolute best tofu anywhere then click this link for a company called Soyfoods Ltd (http://www.soyfoods.co.uk)

You can order online and get it delivered to your door or visit the shop:-

Soyfoods Ltd
66 Snow Hill
Melton Mowbray
Leics LE13 1PH