PDA

View Full Version : sending electrical items to the phils

stevewool
30th March 2013, 10:12
is it worth buying the things over here in a sale like microwave oven and other items, or is it bets to buy over there,
Just thinking on stuff for xmas rather then cash or something they dont want

Michael Parnham
30th March 2013, 10:39
Your ok to send electrical items from here to Philippines, everything will work, apart from TV's DVD players and the like because the connections and signals are different but FM & am radio's are perfectly ok and the likes of hair dryers, microwaves and all other appliances are good.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th March 2013, 10:51
cheers michael,

stevie c
30th March 2013, 11:04
Hi steve thanks for asking this question as we plan on sending electrical items also :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
30th March 2013, 11:15
Solely in terms of voltage there's usually no major problem for many items.

Plenty of people have sent electrical items to Phils without issues.

But, in terms of domestic appliances there is some caution needed that you should be aware of.

UK electricty supply is 240V@50Hz (technically specified at 230 V +10% /- 6%).
Philippine electricity supply is 220V@60Hz (sorry no idea on the technical spec )

Problems might crop up due these differences in frequency.

When the required power is low, say for example less than 50 Watts, then it's virtually a plug and play scenario.
There's also plenty of domestic equipment and 'gadgets' such as computers, chargers for phones and camera's etc that are actually designed to work safely with a range of input voltages and frequencies.

When this is the case it will almost certainly be indicated somewher on the equipment, transformer or the adapter.

It's interesting to see by simple calculation:-

{ [(60Hz – 50 Hz)/ 50 Hz] * 100 = 20 % }

That clearly shows that plenty of appliances/equipment will run 20% faster than their normal rated capability.
This situation may not always be safe, especially if insulation, windings and electronic circuits burn-out.

There's also quite a large range of equipment these days that have some or other form of electronic timer or micro-processor control system in-built
These devices will, at best, run 20% faster than they are designed for. This may or may not be a problem, but it certainly makes electronic alarm clocks pointless.
You'll also need to develop new recipes and cooking times for your electric breadmaker or microwave

Some larger items (eg washing machines etc) may well work without major issues for a time and others will very soon not work at all. Depends on the motor configuration and internal wiring.
All 'motor-driven' appliances are going run 20% faster and produce an equivalent increase in heat output. Period.

My advice would be to seriously consider the likelihood of problems, the age of the equipment and cost of shipping versus the cost of buying new in Philippines.

Always double-check. Not only for the protection of the equipment but also for the safety of home and body.

Lots of domestic electronics will be able to automatically adapt to operate on either 50Hz or 60Hz frequency, but there are still plenty that won't.
Newish TV's are more likely to automatically adapt than older ones, if it doesn't, the different frequency is going to impact the refresh rate and picture quality. Many newish TV's also have built in capability to switch from PAL to NTSC, but not all. Do your research, ask the manufacturer and discover how the 'switch' works if it's not included in the set-up menu.

Do not be fooled into thinking it's all OK based on solely on anecdotal evidence. The calculation shows you what you need to know. Period.

Finally, read the instructions and technical specification

Michael Parnham
30th March 2013, 16:06
Very useful info Peter!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
30th March 2013, 16:26
Don't forget the huge tax charge when sending electrical goods to the Philippines.....

Steve.r
30th March 2013, 16:44
Don't forget the huge tax charge when sending electrical goods to the Philippines.....I never paid any tax when I fill up my balikbayan boxes with goodies. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheekee
30th March 2013, 16:49
I never paid any tax when I fill up my balikbayan boxes with goodies. :xxgrinning--00xx3:#

Oh Ok. maybe just with DHL then.

grahamw48
30th March 2013, 17:16
I have sent loads of electrical stuff to the Phils in my balikbayan boxes...but only because I already owned it and wouldn't need to buy again.

Other than that, I wouldn't bother, as you can buy whatever you need out there at roughly the same prices.

As Peter has said, anything which has a clock or timer on it will not keep time correctly. If it's just a little bedside clock/radio or summat, no worries. It's not going to explode. ..well, mine didn't.

What I was grateful to have, were all the British quality extension leads, my tools, and other DIY bits and pieces...quality steel ('Spur') shelving brackets etc.

Bring some taps as well. The ones out there are either :censored: quality, or expensive for imported ones. You'll soon get good at replacing tap washers on the local plumbing.:icon_rolleyes: Local electrics ?...well, scary !

fred
31st March 2013, 06:33
Solely in terms of voltage there's usually no major problem for many items.

Plenty of people have sent electrical items to Phils without issues.

But, in terms of domestic appliances there is some caution needed that you should be aware of.

UK electricty supply is 240V@50Hz (technically specified at 230 V +10% /- 6%).
Philippine electricity supply is 220V@60Hz (sorry no idea on the technical spec )

Problems might crop up due these differences in frequency.

When the required power is low, say for example less than 50 Watts, then it's virtually a plug and play scenario.
There's also plenty of domestic equipment and 'gadgets' such as computers, chargers for phones and camera's etc that are actually designed to work safely with a range of input voltages and frequencies.

When this is the case it will almost certainly be indicated somewher on the equipment, transformer or the adapter.

It's interesting to see by simple calculation:-

{ [(60Hz – 50 Hz)/ 50 Hz] * 100 = 20 % }

That clearly shows that plenty of appliances/equipment will run 20% faster than their normal rated capability.
This situation may not always be safe, especially if insulation, windings and electronic circuits burn-out.

There's also quite a large range of equipment these days that have some or other form of electronic timer or micro-processor control system in-built
These devices will, at best, run 20% faster than they are designed for. This may or may not be a problem, but it certainly makes electronic alarm clocks pointless.
You'll also need to develop new recipes and cooking times for your electric breadmaker or microwave

Some larger items (eg washing machines etc) may well work without major issues for a time and others will very soon not work at all. Depends on the motor configuration and internal wiring.
All 'motor-driven' appliances are going run 20% faster and produce an equivalent increase in heat output. Period.

My advice would be to seriously consider the likelihood of problems, the age of the equipment and cost of shipping versus the cost of buying new in Philippines.

Always double-check. Not only for the protection of the equipment but also for the safety of home and body.

Lots of domestic electronics will be able to automatically adapt to operate on either 50Hz or 60Hz frequency, but there are still plenty that won't.
Newish TV's are more likely to automatically adapt than older ones, if it doesn't, the different frequency is going to impact the refresh rate and picture quality. Many newish TV's also have built in capability to switch from PAL to NTSC, but not all. Do your research, ask the manufacturer and discover how the 'switch' works if it's not included in the set-up menu.

Do not be fooled into thinking it's all OK based on solely on anecdotal evidence. The calculation shows you what you need to know. Period.

Finally, read the instructions and technical specification

3 weeks ago we bought a 650 volt jack hammer from Cebu (AEG)..
The motor was screwed after 2 hours work because of the power spikes..
Fortunately,I got them to replace the unit under guarantee..
We asked the power company for advice and they say they are going to give us 230 volt supply for a temporary power connection for our construction project..
They also advised us to use number 10 wire for the extension lead which is connected to 2000 volt, voltage regulator..
Its a lot of hassle and expense but necessary before we use the new machine..
Family in the UK sent me a second hand fly mow from the UK which I used for 2 years on the local supply.. Works fine but dont use it anymore since they sent me a 4 stroke machine..
I`d recommend anyone coming over with a lot of grass to cut to put one of these (quality second hand) in a BB box as they are expensive here.
All of the power tools sent to me from the UK have been working fine for 5 years.. That said,Makita`s cheaper version of power tools MACTEK work fine and are as good as anything found in the UK for the same price IMO..
I have also been advised to purchase a large enough voltage regulator and have it connected before the consumer box.. That way you get steady 220 and added protection from brown outs etc.

grahamw48
31st March 2013, 10:15
Good advice....regarding the mower Fred.

I wish I'd bunged my strimmer in the box too, instead of selling it in the car boot sale for a fiver.

bod
1st April 2013, 21:12
We have sent many electrical items over the years, the main problem has been the lack of earths on some of the older kit, double insulated items are no problem ( look for the two squares, one inside the other, on the item)
The new types of TV 's LCD LED will work without problems, In fact I have a 32" LCD tv ready to send in our next box, got it given free as its not digital, so no good here but out in the Philippines it will be fine!

Terpe
2nd April 2013, 14:51
............The new types of TV 's LCD LED will work without problems, In fact I have a 32" LCD tv ready to send in our next box, got it given free as its not digital, so no good here but out in the Philippines it will be fine!

So is it PAL (UK) or NTSC (Philippines) ?

bod
2nd April 2013, 21:15
Will find out, the first one we sent our nephew decided it was his and pawned it ! I would think they would only pay if it worked! Most people use the tv conected to a satalite type box which have HDMI conections.

lovejoy
2nd April 2013, 22:11
When I was in Cebu for a year I bought a hair clipper from the UK it never worked in Cebu.

grahamw48
2nd April 2013, 22:17
So is it PAL (UK) or NTSC (Philippines) ?

NTSC is standard in Phils, but I believe most modern digital TVs will be ok for both that and PAL, especially when connected through cable.

imagine
25th June 2013, 20:51
looking at peters #5

im thinking my makita sds drill will work ok and a makita angle grinder, both good machines,with heaps of drill bits and diamond cutter blades,
both are 240 volt 50-60 hz,
what you think?

Terpe
25th June 2013, 20:55
looking at peters #5

im thinking my makita sds drill will work ok and a makita angle grinder, both good machines,with heaps of drill bits and diamond cutter blades,
what you think?

No problem there Stewart since they can operate at both frequencies :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 21:35
looking at peters #5

what you think?

All the power tools and electrical appliances I took with me from England worked fine there :xxgrinning--00xx3:...in fact ALL my electrical stuff...just clocks (like clock-radios) run off the mains will run slow (or fast ?) .

imagine
25th June 2013, 21:42
cool thanks peter , thanks graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

a few less items to sell off here, hope i can get a strong balak box:icon_lol:

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 22:34
Standard balik boxes are pretty robust. I had no problems with anything in mine (6 big ones).

No weight limit, so you can really pack stuff in, wrapping pointy or delicate things with clothing and in our case...curtains and fabrics.

I covered the entire boxes with sticky brown wrapping tape....and I mean every square inch.

Massively increased strength with that, and of course waterproofing if done properly.

imagine
25th June 2013, 23:03
Standard balik boxes are pretty robust. I had no problems with anything in mine (6 big ones).

No weight limit, so you can really pack stuff in, wrapping pointy or delicate things with clothing and in our case...curtains and fabrics.

I covered the entire boxes with sticky brown wrapping tape....and I mean every square inch.

Massively increased strength with that, and of course waterproofing if done properly.

just one of my tool boxes i can hardly lift, which in a large box thered be room for 3 more,
what do they do? bring a fork lift :Erm:

yeah i was wondering if i could make a plywood insert box round a wood frame

jonnijon
25th June 2013, 23:46
Use a voltage regulator, critical for air con and computers. we use one for our ref and freezer.

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 23:53
just one of my tool boxes i can hardly lift, which in a large box thered be room for 3 more,
what do they do? bring a fork lift :Erm:

yeah i was wondering if i could make a plywood insert box round a wood frame

Yeah, make a ply box if you want. Some of my balik boxes weighed
100kgs. No worries...easily lifted by two people. Pack stuff within stuff. :smile:

imagine
26th June 2013, 00:00
Yeah, make a ply box if you want. Some of my balik boxes weighed
100kgs. No worries...easily lifted by two people. Pack stuff within stuff. :smile:

all that tape did you leave room for the address label:icon_lol:

grahamw48
26th June 2013, 01:12
Yes....clear plastic tape over those. :biggrin:

Steve.r
26th June 2013, 04:48
I sent all my household power tools over to Phils in a Jumbo BB box with LBC. I reinforced the sides with 3mm ply from B&Q which they cut to size for me. It made the box really strong and I filled it to the brim with tools. I was also able to get the 'banding' machine from my work (back then) and banded it all around to make it extra strong and then taped over the bands and top and bottom. All arrived safely.

Terpe
26th June 2013, 15:13
Marvelous invention Balikbayan Boxes :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Love 'em

All good tips on how to secure, strengthen and waterproof :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just be careful on that weight, many carriers have tightened up on limits. Might be a good idea to double check first.
Haven't had a pick-up with 2 people for years.

Last week we had a pick and the guy told me he'd just refused one. Said it was almost full with tinned foods and he couldn't move it so left it.

I've also sent a few lined with plywood. Great stiffener.

Some outfits will actually custom-build one for you (at a charge).

imagine
26th June 2013, 18:46
Marvelous invention Balikbayan Boxes :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Love 'em

All good tips on how to secure, strengthen and waterproof :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just be careful on that weight, many carriers have tightened up on limits. Might be a good idea to double check first.
Haven't had a pick-up with 2 people for years.

Last week we had a pick and the guy told me he'd just refused one. Said it was almost full with tinned foods and he couldn't move it so left it.

I've also sent a few lined with plywood. Great stiffener.

Some outfits will actually custom-build one for you (at a charge).

maybe split the heavy stuff between boxes, a mix of lite and heavy in each,
also smaller boxes are easier to lift than jumbo if loaded with heavy stuffs

imagine
8th July 2013, 20:39
Family in the UK sent me a second hand fly mow from the UK which I used for 2 years on the local supply.. Works fine but dont use it anymore since they sent me a 4 stroke machine..
I`d recommend anyone coming over with a lot of grass to cut to put one of these (quality second hand) in a BB box as they are expensive here.

your electric fly mow worked ok i see,
i am wanting to send a hover mower over, but i see they all seem to be 50Hz so im not sure if it will be ok,might burn out, or perhaps not so , maybe at worst a shorter motor life,
what you think?

grahamw48
8th July 2013, 21:00
:doh

That's something I meant to mention. Pack your mower and STRIMMER. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure they'll work fine. All my electrical stuff did.

imagine
8th July 2013, 21:07
:doh

That's something I meant to mention. Pack your mower and STRIMMER. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure they'll work fine. All my electrical stuff did.
my old hover has just about seen its day,its over 10 yr old now , they are good hardy tools, thinking to pack a new one,just cut grass with it once or twice here then its second hand :biggrin:

grahamw48
8th July 2013, 21:16
I think you'll find it worthwhile Stewart, if you've space. I certainly regretted not taking my little strimmer.

fred
9th July 2013, 07:55
your electric fly mow worked ok i see,
i am wanting to send a hover mower over, but i see they all seem to be 50Hz so im not sure if it will be ok,might burn out, or perhaps not so , maybe at worst a shorter motor life,
what you think?

Sorry.. I meant a hover mower with a grass collector.. Mine works here fine.. Not sure about the Hz but not effected the motor on ours.
I`d still rather send a 4 stroke petrol engine though.. No problems with 100 meter extension leads!!

imagine
9th July 2013, 08:53
Sorry.. I meant a hover mower with a grass collector.. Mine works here fine.. Not sure about the Hz but not effected the motor on ours.
I`d still rather send a 4 stroke petrol engine though.. No problems with 100 meter extension leads!!

more expensive though, i like the electric hover mower, keeps going and nothing really that needs maintaining,:biggrin:

just as long as it fits in a jumbo box , il be happy

Arthur Little
9th July 2013, 18:58
:icon_rolleyes: Local electrics ?...well, scary

Now there's a shock ... :cwm24: ...

... i like the electric hover mower, keeps going and nothing really that needs maintaining, :biggrin:

... be CAREFUL, Stewart!

imagine
9th July 2013, 20:41
Now there's a shock ... :cwm24: ...

... be CAREFUL, Stewart!

i know, sneaky stuff is electric, cant see it , but you know when it gets you, had a few rounds before with it, like being punched full on by cassius clay,:icon_lol:

grahamw48
9th July 2013, 21:11
Just buy or take with you a circuit breaker for your mower, power tools etc. :wink:

imagine
9th July 2013, 21:25
Just buy or take with you a circuit breaker for your mower, power tools etc. :wink:

yes thats a good idea, already was thinking ,13 amp extension leads i have with multi sockets on, just change plug to the 2 pin, and take some 13amp plus, fuses etc,

i made lolitas electrics safer while i was there, was too many extensions off one lead, so part re-wired it to be safe, i couldnt find anything like a fuse box in the house, just the main box , really dodgy connections in there if you can call wires twisted together and taped :yikes:

grahamw48
9th July 2013, 21:26
Yes, I took loads of extension leads and other electrical bits and bobs, as the local stuff is :censored:.

Don't forget some spare fuses. :smile:

imagine
9th July 2013, 21:28
i dont know what the laws are there for diy electrics, but id like to put an earth rod in and earth the electrics, and wire things up my way, a safe way,

yes a selection of fuses :xxgrinning--00xx3:

voltage regulator im guessing id need buy there so its compatible

grahamw48
9th July 2013, 21:33
My best mate out in the Phils was an electrical engineer (ex officer in REME).

The obscenties I used to hear him coming out with when sorting out the local electrics in his house. :icon_lol:

This was a guy who supervised the installation of all the runway lighting on Hong Kong airport...so knew his stuff. :smile:

imagine
9th July 2013, 21:41
My best mate out in the Phils was an electrical engineer (ex officer in REME).

The obscenties I used to hear him coming out with when sorting out the local electrics in his house. :icon_lol:

This was a guy who supervised the installation of all the runway lighting on Hong Kong airport...so knew his stuff. :smile:

im pretty good on domestic electrics, its not much different to plumbing a heating system in really, except you cant see it :icon_lol:

grahamw48
9th July 2013, 22:45
Yes, except the 'water' in the 'pipes' is trying to get out and kill you. :icon_lol:

imagine
9th July 2013, 23:14
Yes, except the 'water' in the 'pipes' is trying to get out and kill you. :icon_lol:

and the two don't mix very well :icon_lol:

jake
10th July 2013, 06:37
i dont know what the laws are there for diy electrics, but id like to put an earth rod in and earth the electrics, and wire things up my way, a safe way,

Not really any laws on DIY electrics :cwm25:

Do it your way as it will probably be safer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Years ago we had an electric shower fitted and my wife refused to use it as she had seen a story on TV about some actress that had been electrocuted in Boracay. Took me quite a while to convince her that the earth rod had a purpose.

Michael Parnham
10th July 2013, 11:51
Yes Stewart make sure you Earth the property, no health and safety in Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
10th July 2013, 12:09
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
10th July 2013, 12:26
im pretty good on domestic electrics, its not much different to plumbing a heating system in really, except you cant see it :icon_lol:

Contrary to popular belief domestic electrics is NOT always simple and is certainly more involved than plumbing IF DONE PROPERLY. ALL electrical circuits domestic or otherwise should be designed that in the event of a fault the circuit is automatically disconnected in a prescribed time laid down in BS7671 IEE wiring regulations. Choice of the correct size cables and circuit protection depending on the length of cable runs and environmental conditions is crucial to achieving disconnection times that will give you a safe installation. The maximum current a cable can take will change according to the environment its in, so somewhere like the Philippines where the ambient temperature is higher would also affect the cable sizes needed to achieve safe disconnection times as does the type of insulation or whatever surrounding the cables.
Design of any electrical system will need to start with determining the nature of the supply in to the house.

imagine
10th July 2013, 12:58
Contrary to popular belief domestic electrics is NOT always simple and is certainly more involved than plumbing IF DONE PROPERLY. ALL electrical circuits domestic or otherwise should be designed that in the event of a fault the circuit is automatically disconnected in a prescribed time laid down in BS7671 IEE wiring regulations. Choice of the correct size cables and circuit protection depending on the length of cable runs and environmental conditions is crucial to achieving disconnection times that will give you a safe installation. The maximum current a cable can take will change according to the environment its in, so somewhere like the Philippines where the ambient temperature is higher would also affect the cable sizes needed to achieve safe disconnection times as does the type of insulation or whatever surrounding the cables.
Design of any electrical system will need to start with determining the nature of the supply in to the house.

i use the term not much different loosley , there are similarities,evironment, size of pipes to deliver correct rate of water flow,at differnt length runs and so on, return pipes ect,

loose connections cause fire, loose plumbing fittings cause leaks

lordna
12th July 2013, 17:18
Not really any laws on DIY electrics :cwm25:

Do it your way as it will probably be safer :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Years ago we had an electric shower fitted and my wife refused to use it as she had seen a story on TV about some actress that had been electrocuted in Boracay. Took me quite a while to convince her that the earth rod had a purpose.

Absolutely no point in an earth rod if the transformer supplying the property is not also earthed on the consumers side of the transformer. Thats why i said previously that the design of any electrical installation should start with determining the nature of the supply. Earth is a very poor conductor of electricity and probably worse in the Philippines when the ground is dry. That is one reason why the earth is supplied in the incoming cable to most properties in the UK except mainly rural locations .

jake
13th July 2013, 05:32
Absolutely no point in an earth rod if the transformer supplying the property is not also earthed on the consumers side of the transformer. Thats why i said previously that the design of any electrical installation should start with determining the nature of the supply. Earth is a very poor conductor of electricity and probably worse in the Philippines when the ground is dry. That is one reason why the earth is supplied in the incoming cable to most properties in the UK except mainly rural locations .

:yikes:

After listening to your advice i decided to go and check our electrical installations.

At the bottom of the meter there is a copper wire that runs to the ground at the base of the pole. It then connects to rebar. I presume this is the first ground. There is also a copper wire that runs from the fuse box to the ground and is connected to the cold water pipe.

Sound correct? Or am i in for a nasty shock one day :cwm25:

fred
13th July 2013, 06:26
:yikes:

After listening to your advice i decided to go and check our electrical installations.

At the bottom of the meter there is a copper wire that runs to the ground at the base of the pole. It then connects to rebar. I presume this is the first ground. There is also a copper wire that runs from the fuse box to the ground and is connected to the cold water pipe.

Sound correct? Or am i in for a nasty shock one day :cwm25:

The electrician told me that the main post is grounded.. We have our earth rod near a drainage ditch where its constantly wet.. Some say best place for it is in the septic tank!
Only use our earth for things like the washing machine and electric oven.. An earth is no good if your appliance only has two wires on a two pinned plug!

jake
13th July 2013, 07:25
Only use our earth for things like the washing machine and electric oven.. An earth is no good if your appliance only has two wires on a two pinned plug!

There are 3 wires on the electric shower which connects to the 3rd earth wire which comes from the fuse box.

No bucket for me!

imagine
13th July 2013, 09:25

for appliances with earth wire, are 3 pin sockets available there, or do you run a seperate earth wire:Erm:

jonnijon
13th July 2013, 09:32
Buy PVR's when you get here,1,500 watts for your aircon, 1000 watts is good for a large chest freezer and a large ref, 500 watts is ok for your PC.

imagine
13th July 2013, 09:44
Buy PVR's when you get here,1,500 watts for your aircon, 1000 watts is good for a large chest freezer and a large ref, 500 watts is ok for your PC.

pvr is voltage regulator ?

grahamw48
13th July 2013, 10:08
To be fair though, how many times do you hear of people being electrocuted in the Phils ?
Normally the house just catches fire and burns down. :biggrin:

grahamw48
13th July 2013, 10:10
pvr is voltage regulator ?

As I understand it...yes. Protect your appliances (especially PCs) from spikes and uneven power supply. Readily available in the Phils.

imagine
13th July 2013, 10:16
To be fair though, how many times do you hear of people being electrocuted in the Phils ?
Normally the house just catches fire and burns down. :biggrin:

not surprising going by what i seen of the wiring, far too many extensions leads, plugs that wont stay in the socket due to slack fitting, the weight of the plug slowly works its way out, twisted together and taped wires inside the mains box,no terminal blocks in there,infact no mains fuse box as such,:Erm:done by the electric company, loose wires and connections cause fires

Michael Parnham
13th July 2013, 10:51
There are 3 wires on the electric shower which connects to the 3rd earth wire which comes from the fuse box.

No bucket for me!

You don't use hot water to shower in Philippines surely Jake, we never had hot water didn't need it apart for making a nice cup of tea!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
13th July 2013, 11:54
Us too...no (expensive) hot water in our house. :biggrin:

jonnijon
13th July 2013, 12:48
PVR = power voltage regulator :xxgrinning--00xx3: some days there is not enough voltage to power anything without a PVR.

jake
13th July 2013, 14:21
You don't use hot water to shower in Philippines surely Jake, we never had hot water didn't need it apart for making a nice cup of tea!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol:

After 8 years of using cold water from a bucket the novelty wore off.

Where we live the temperature drops below 20 at night in the winter months. Have thought about investing in a heater!

imagine
13th July 2013, 14:31
gotta be hot or warm water for my shower:icon_lol:

grahamw48
13th July 2013, 15:51
Blinkin softees. :biggrin:

This was the only shower we had up on the farm in the mountains.

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/7157/phils1990and1991019.jpg

Flying above the actual location at 18,000ft...not a lot of roads around either, or electric.

http://imageshack.us/a/img209/2531/honkongandphils001.jpg

Michael Parnham
14th July 2013, 21:38
:icon_lol:

After 8 years of using cold water from a bucket the novelty wore off.

Where we live the temperature drops below 20 at night in the winter months. Have thought about investing in a heater!

Wow Jake, minus 15 degrees in winter where I live!:xxgrinning--00xx3: