PDA

View Full Version : Lidl 2 x 250g Melangerie Arabica Coffee £2.24

Dedworth
29th March 2013, 12:25
Top spec German ground coffee a steal at this price - I've just bought 8 packs. 29th & 30th March only

http://www.lidl.co.uk/catalogmedia/uk/article/08851/08851_01_teaser1x1.jpg

Terpe
29th March 2013, 14:28
I've not ever tried this Dedworth is it a real good 'un ?

I always find coffee is a very personal thing.
I look for great aroma and great taste which takes time to find.

I've always been a fan of your special deals, but I have to admit to having some nagging doubts about a Lidl own brand coffee.
No offence Dedworth.

Dedworth
29th March 2013, 16:01
I've not ever tried this Dedworth is it a real good 'un ?

I always find coffee is a very personal thing.
I look for great aroma and great taste which takes time to find.

I've always been a fan of your special deals, but I have to admit to having some nagging doubts about a Lidl own brand coffee.
No offence Dedworth.

It's good stuff Terpe full roast with a nice, strong flavour well worth risking a couple of quid. I always scour the small print of supermarket own brand products to check out the country of origin. At Lidl & Aldi I've seldom been disappointed with anything from the Fatherland be it cooked meats, cleaning products, toothpaste, chocolate, beer etc. You really need to look out for where products are manufactured, for example I stopped buying Sainsburys toothpaste when I saw it was made in India, Iceland favour Polish Chicken producers and Tomato growers - I'd expect the clock to be ticking on the next "horsemeat" type scandal with these racketeers continuing to source from such dodgy countries.

Terpe
29th March 2013, 16:20
Thanks Dedworth.
Given the chance to get to our Lidle, it's a little far away, I'll try out a small one on your recommendation.

BTW (sorry for off-topic) I noticed the headlines in one of the tabloids yesterday that meat had been found in a Chinese or Indian takeaway that was unable to be identified when it was included in a random testing. (not beef, lamb, chicken,pork,horse or human)
It's been suggested cat or dog :yikes:
I think the DNA reference list is now going to include cat and dog.

Maybe it ought to also include Badger and Hedgehog :biggrin:

imagine
29th March 2013, 16:37
maybe rat:biggrin:

Dedworth
26th June 2013, 19:07
It's back this weekend Lidl 2 x 250g Melangerie Arabica Coffee £2.24

29 & 30 June only