PDA

View Full Version : Interesting set of videos by an American living in Negros Occ. Phils.

angellegwen
27th March 2013, 21:43
Who have seen the series of videos by pop65z in youtube? I happen to open 1 of his videos and it causes me late night sleep just to keep watching the loads of like a documentary of him living in the Phils, its really good and interesting. Just wanna share maybe you would to check it out too.

angellegwen
27th March 2013, 22:35
oh im sorry i dont know how to move this thread, posted it on the wrong place

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 22:55
'Special Offers' section...like it. :icon_lol:

Here is me living in the Phils when I retire. :biggrin:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9529/cavemanni.jpg

angellegwen
28th March 2013, 00:02
'Special Offers' section...like it. :icon_lol:

Here is me living in the Phils when I retire. :biggrin:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9529/cavemanni.jpg

:icon_lol:that is too simple way of living, i wont survive with that

grahamw48
28th March 2013, 00:26
That's all I'll be able to afford on my pension. :icon_lol:

tiger31
28th March 2013, 04:11
ya can always tap ya rich brother down south lol :biggrin:

grahamw48
28th March 2013, 11:21
Haha...no chance. I wouldn't dream of ever tapping him up for anything, plus, he's even tighter than me !!! That takes some doing. :icon_lol:

DaveW
25th April 2013, 19:36
You have me hooked now. It really reminds me of when i lived in Samar. very similar, and so basic. I only liked short doses of it really.

tiger31
26th April 2013, 05:59
ive watched nearly all of them and he gives a basic insight into living out in the sticks .shortage of water and electricity .boredom must be a concern for me but if you want the very basic lifestyle then he shows you what its all about I sent him 10 dollars towards his projects as hes doing lots of things for the locals helping the farmers sell their goods at a local farmers market because they get very little for their produce.he lives on 800 dollars a month

Terpe
26th April 2013, 09:59
Who have seen the series of videos by pop65z in youtube? I happen to open 1 of his videos and it causes me late night sleep just to keep watching the loads of like a documentary of him living in the Phils, its really good and interesting. Just wanna share maybe you would to check it out too.

Thank you for that tip :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Haven't watched them all yet, but getting around to it. Very enjoyable.
Yep that's a very simple life.
It's an interesting set of video clips. I'm going to keep all bookmarked so I can watch them whenever I want.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th April 2013, 10:38
Yes, thanks again. I've now started going through them too.

The sort of simple lifestyle that appeals to me (though I'd also be running a small business to supplement my pension).

tiger31
26th April 2013, 15:37
I did ask him a few questions about his previous family as when you watch his wedding video there were no other family members from his side there .so being a nosey sod i asked him if his kids were bothered about his new life ,his reply was they have their life i have mine so something tells me he had problems back home .he was in the inkjet printing business refills market and had 2 shops which he later sold.he seems a nice guy and is helping the locals with various projects so good luck to him .

Terpe
26th April 2013, 17:55
Interesting stuff tiger. I've really gotten an interest in this guy now. His lifestyle, his positivity and oulook on life.
I'd like to think I could be happy with that life. It seems he's quite far from anywhere much. A bit like the early pioneers in North America/Canada.
Just appeals to me.

grahamw48
26th April 2013, 20:43
I too could be quite content living such a lifestyle (having done it before for a few months) but, as always, I suppose the main worry would be health. :smile:

Terpe
26th April 2013, 21:00
I too could be quite content living such a lifestyle (having done it before for a few months) but, as always, I suppose the main worry would be health. :smile:

Yes, I see that when looking through our cosy 21st century developed world eyes.
Once you live where he does, the concerns of getting to a hospital in an emergency just have to get put out of your mind.
Bit like living in the Australian outback.
That's something I'd like to learn. How to settle the mind on that.

Anyone going to live in the Philippines needs to resolve that one.
I've had 3 extended family members living just 3 hours away from a good quality hospital who have not been able to get there in time. Certainly focusses the mind.
Are there any quality hospitals on Negros? I don't know.

I have a plan to live in Bohol. I know Steve W also would like that.
Fred is lucky, he's already living his dream there.
But what are the hospitals like on Bohol?
I really don't want to live a life being concerned about it. Ideally:Erm:
But I do know what you're saying

grahamw48
26th April 2013, 21:05
Fred, at 49/50 is also a comparatively young man. :Erm:

fred
27th April 2013, 02:45
Me and the old man were driving to work and he said he had a feeling in his arm.. He has had them before which had led to minor strokes.. I got him to the North middlesex hospital in North London and they made him wait in line instead of giving him priority.. He had a full stroke after 40 minutes of waiting and it took the people in front of him to get the nurses to give him attention.
He never really recovered and I blame the staff of the hospital for that.
I went into visit him and the lady pushing the food trolley had dropped of his food and water..
At the end of his bed was a clear note.. NIL BY MOUTH.
I had a bad accident on the A1 M about 6 months before we came here..I was unconscious for 15 minutes until the emergency people got me out and strapped me to a board.. Once in the Lister hospital I was left in the corridor for 2 hours without ANY pain killers waiting for my turn to be Xrayed.. The X ray came out wrong so they left me for another 2 hours to wait for another.. My neck pain was excruciating.
I had to scream at a nurse to get a doctor to unstrap me so I could check myself out and nurse myself at home.. They warned me not to go home and I told them to get stuffed.. Couldn't wait to get out.
I suppose Im trying to say that the NHS offers me little comfort these days and nothing like it used to be.. Seems they are more than a little over stretched.

jake
27th April 2013, 08:19
Unfortunately i can not watch his video's but from what you chaps have posted he seems to be enjoying his life here in the Philippines.

He is helping locals to get a better price for their vegetables? Already i see a something a foreigner should not get involved with. Why? Their are local vegetable dealers who make a living from this type of business and they will not be happy that he is trying to get the growers to go direct to the market.

Local projects. How does the Captain, councilors feel about this? They may seem to have no problem but unless it looks like they are the ones implementing them they will be losing face.

He has a younger wife? Nothing wrong with that. Has she lived in the US or did they marry here? If they were married here has he left her sufficient funds for the future.

A few years ago there was an American chap that lived in our area. His wife was young and they had just had a son. The house they built was probably worth around 5 million. After the house was finished he became sick. The wife did not have access to his money as he kept it in the USA and transferred it when needed. To pay for the medical bills she loaned the house. He passed away and the bank took the house as she was unable to pay. She also received nothing from the US even though she knew he had money there.

Something to think about if you plan to marry and live here without taking your partner back to your home country to live until they are eligible for your pension or savings.

fred
27th April 2013, 08:26
Fred, at 49/50 is also a comparatively young man. :Erm:

I love it when people refer to me as a "young man" these days!!
Even with the word "comparatively" in the sentence.
Thanks..
Made my day!

grahamw48
27th April 2013, 10:03
Hahaha ...you're welcome. :biggrin:

You've no idea how bad it makes me feel though. :icon_lol: