PDA

View Full Version : bloody ryanair

stevewool
27th March 2013, 09:01
two days now i have been trying to get onto their site,i fill all the spaces and click the buttons but all it says is waiting to load, i have even filled every box in just in case they thought i was cheap, but that has not worked too, :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

andy222
27th March 2013, 11:20
I presume your talking about a flight to paris? Try another airline.

Iani
27th March 2013, 11:35
Frankly I'd rather walk than use Ryanair............to Majorca even.

Don't forget to take your credit card in case you need to use the toilet

"Fasten your seatbelt sir.........oh it isn't working, of course that's because you need to put £1 in the slot"

Terpe
27th March 2013, 14:09
Frankly I'd rather walk than use Ryanair............to Majorca even.

Don't forget to take your credit card in case you need to use the toilet

"Fasten your seatbelt sir.........oh it isn't working, of course that's because you need to put £1 in the slot"

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'm still laughing, simply because it's so so true.

Used to fly with them quite often on my weekends to Dublin.
Took one of their first Dublin flights from Luton. Even in those days it was a laugh.

Haven't flown with them for quite some now and quite honestly would much rather pay extra than get caught out with hefty surcharges on stuff I didn't know about. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

It has to be the worst company ever for charging of optional extras, like airport check-in, non-preferred methods of payment, pre-checked in luggage (€100 charge at airport) , foods and drinks, not having a pre-printed online check-in (€40 charge for boarding pass) Even the once free online check-in has been replaced by a €6 per person online check-in fee
No wonder 20% of its revenue is from "options" other than straight ticketing fares

:icon_lol:

DaveyWallis
27th March 2013, 14:11
Use Mozilla Firefox as your search engine.

A mate of mine had the same issue that you're having so he phoned Ryanair and that is what they told him. After that it went through without any problems.

I've used Ryanair several times and never had a problem with. Always on time, decent flight, attentive crew.

Sure you get add-ons when booking but I'd rather have the choice to have/not have things and take the lower price.

I've heard/read a lot of criticism of Ryanair from numerous people - then it turns out they've never flown with them.

If they were so bad why are they so successful?

Arthur Little
27th March 2013, 21:08
I have travelled with them on a few occasions, myself :icon_rolleyes: ... my only gripe being that their Travel Desk in Dublin declined to allow me to use the return portion of my 'Economy Class' ticket back to Glasgow for an earlier flight.

But then ... :anerikke: ... they are probably no different to any other :airline: in that respect.

grahamw48
27th March 2013, 23:26
My son uses them for his UK-Sweden trips.

Last time it wasn't the airline that let him down, but the damned coach taking him to the airport. It meant sleeping on the floor for a night and buying another ticket. :doh

bigmarco
28th March 2013, 00:23
Can't stand Ryanair and loathe their boss O'Leary. Will quite happily pay a few bob more to fly with somebody else.
Used to travel to Ireland regularly with them but witnessed appalling treatment of Families in a Spanish airport several years ago and vowed never to use them again.

Janedan0913
28th March 2013, 14:56
No problem with Ryanair. Friendly staff and on time flight.

Arthur Little
28th March 2013, 15:19
My son uses them for his UK-Sweden trips.

Last time it wasn't the airline that let him down, but the damned coach taking him to the airport. It meant sleeping on the floor for a night and buying another ticket. :doh

Really?? :icon_rolleyes: ... that's hellish! :yeahthat: Since the fault lay with the coach firm, then surely the very least it can do is face up to its responsibilities by reimbursing your son as a goodwill gesture.

Dedworth
28th March 2013, 17:07
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Business/Pix/pictures/2009/12/1/1259678930865/Kipper-Williams---Ryanair-001.jpg

Arthur Little
28th March 2013, 17:18
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Business/Pix/pictures/2009/12/1/1259678930865/Kipper-Williams---Ryanair-001.jpg

:laugher: ... someone's taking the :piss2: [pot] literally!

RickyR
28th March 2013, 17:57
Mind, there is an airline which is far worse: Flybe. I avoid Flybe at absolutely all cost. Ryanair I've used several times for convenience on short flights, no problems. I've also flown easyjet, wizz, jet2 and Thomson before, and find them all much the same. Ryanair have an excellent on time record.

Arthur Little
28th March 2013, 18:16
Mind, there is an airline which is far worse: Flybe. I avoid Flybe at absolutely all cost.

:cwm25: ... guess there's a moral here, Ricky:-

"Be'fly' :wink: ... stay away from Fly be!" :smile:

KeithD
28th March 2013, 21:45
"Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair'.......
Arriving in a hotel in Dublin, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland "

"That is remarkable value" Michael comments

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euro please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euro. - You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of €4.00 for your seat sir"

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euro."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please." O'Leary's face was red with rage.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary,"

"I've had enough, what sort of Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cent per second"

"I will never use this bar again"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro".

stevewool
28th March 2013, 22:44
very good:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th March 2013, 22:53
Brilliant!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: