PDA

View Full Version : A mega mosque in a suburb that was 90 per cent white 30 years ago

Dedworth
25th March 2013, 10:36
If it is held this year anyone going to the Morden Barrio Fiesta will pass by this place

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/24/article-2298553-18E5CED9000005DC-591_634x361.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2298553/A-mega-mosque-suburb-90-cent-white-30-years-ago-polite-apartheid-dividing-Britain.html

bigmarco
25th March 2013, 16:25
My trains are parked directly behind it Ded. I can tell you that place has caused a lot of resentment over the years and continues to do so. The police seem to turn a blind eye to double or sometimes treble parking outside that place on busy days which causes chaos on that rather busy road.
I also remember that at the time of 7/7 when Tube Trains full of people were being blown up we never had a Police Guard on our depot which houses between 50 and 60 trains every night. But next door at the Mosque had 2 coppers on permanent patrol for quite a while afterwards.

Dedworth
25th March 2013, 16:33
My trains are parked directly behind it Ded. I can tell you that place has caused a lot of resentment over the years and continues to do so. The police seem to turn a blind eye to double or sometimes treble parking outside that place on busy days which causes chaos on that rather busy road.
I also remember that at the time of 7/7 when Tube Trains full of people were being blown up we never had a Police Guard on our depot which houses between 50 and 60 trains every night. But next door at the Mosque had 2 coppers on permanent patrol for quite a while afterwards.

I thought the tube depot was somewhere nearby Marco. I first saw it 5 or so years back and couldn't believe the sheer size and how it totally wrecks the streetscene/neighbourhood . Did the Council give planning permission or was it granted on appeal ? If the Council allowed it those responsible should be voted out

bigmarco
25th March 2013, 18:32
Your right it looks so out of place. Apparently it covers over 5 acres and can hold 10,000 for prayers. That's why there's always problems on the road on Fridays because the roads just cant handle that amount of people.
I have no idea how they got planning permission for it but you and I know what goes on at those meetings so that probably was a formality.
At the time it was built it was the largest Mosque in Europe but I just don't get building it in Morden. Southall yes but not Morden.

andy222
25th March 2013, 19:30
They should never have been allowed to be built in the uk. Use them for target practice on a friday for the RAF I say.:icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
25th March 2013, 22:19
I've never knowingly seen a real mosque yet!:Erm:

Dedworth
25th March 2013, 22:21
I've never knowingly seen a real mosque yet!:Erm:

You are lucky to live in an unspoilt area Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
25th March 2013, 22:57
Never see many foreigners at all!:smile:

les_taxi
25th March 2013, 23:57
I have thought about entering a 'Muslim' prayer room often found at the airports - I wonder if they would try to stop me going in? :biggrin: