PDA

View Full Version : our working wives

stevewool
24th March 2013, 09:07
we all know how hard our wives work and the long hours they also do, seems like they just cannot say no when the phone rings, WE NEED YOU, COME IN PLEASE,
I know there are a few whose partners do extra hours and work silly hours too, but how many are there out there

Michael Parnham
24th March 2013, 09:33
Cor! I wish my wife could get the hours your Em gets!:wink:

stevewool
24th March 2013, 09:37
in time Michael she may well, i always think you have to be in work to get a better offer of another job,
I just hope she dont do to much to make her so tired, but we share the house work so there is not much to do in the house so that may help

joebloggs
24th March 2013, 09:41
my misses worked 12hrs Friday, 12 sat, she will work 12hrs today, and 9 to 5 the rest of next week :doh

stevewool
24th March 2013, 09:49
if Ems does a double shift, she leaves the house at 6.15 am and gets back in the house at 7,15 pm a very long day, would i do it , well somedays yes but not all the time

Michael Parnham
24th March 2013, 09:55
I suppose also when they do too much, after a while you begin to miss them!:smile:

stevewool
24th March 2013, 09:59
i love my own time, whether i do something our just do nothing at all, its nice to sit and just relax, and have the laptop to myself too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
24th March 2013, 10:05
Yes Steve I know where your coming from. Do you sometimes prepare food for her?:smile:

stevewool
24th March 2013, 10:20
i try but the biggest problem with that is i go and pick her up from work and that could be me being out the house for upto 1 hour, so i hate leaving the oven on when i am not here, you may say cook it when i come in but thats around 7pm so a little late, but we get by and sometimes there is a treat for her,

Terpe
24th March 2013, 11:07
My wife is working another 'long day' today.
She's done long days since Wednesday.
A long day is 7am - 2pm & 3pm - 10pm

To be honest she's now getting very fed up and stressed with her employer.
Why so many staff always off-sick? with no cover being organised.
Why staff allowed leave when no additional cover organised.
Why 'bank-staff' or those on relief contracts refuse to work
Why a current 'ban' on agency relief

For her it comes down to looking after the wellbeing of staff should be more important.
She's begining to feel more of a resource than a person.

joebloggs
24th March 2013, 12:12

that's not a long day, that's taking the :piss2:
there should be laws against it ..:NoNo:

bhem_bhem
24th March 2013, 12:54
I used to work 36 hours per week but after I asked for an extra shift, they kept asking me to cover a shift. Now I'm working 48-60 hours per week.. Oh well, I'm happy bunny anyway every payday :smile:

Terpe
24th March 2013, 14:24
that's not a long day, that's taking the :piss2:
there should be laws against it ..:NoNo:

She's begining to feel that too Joe.
Don't get me wrong, she enjoys the job and has a conscience about taking care of the residents. But she's feeling stressed because she feels unable to make a stand.
She's actually only on a 26 hours per week contract.
Everyone who's so far made a stand has been told to lump it or :censored: off

I've some ideas on how to stir it up. I've been researching :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
24th March 2013, 14:34
my misses use to get some sarcastic comments sometimes if she is late, they moan shes late and she should make up the time, i told her to write down when she can actually go home, when working the night shift she cant go until the next staff turn up, some times 30 mins late, they expect her to make time up but then expect her to work for nothing :doh:cwm23:

aug06_2006
24th March 2013, 14:40
My hubby does work 4 shifts n me 3 shifts every week and sometimes I do work extra during school hours...its hard thou but we have too manage our sched.

bigmarco
24th March 2013, 15:02
My wife works quite long hours Monday to Friday but the money is good. We have a simple agreement that she may on the rare occasion help out a little extra midweek but she refuses any requests for help at the weekend. The weekend is our time together and we want to spend it together doing what we enjoy.
To many employers take advantage of peoples good nature and their fear of losing the job and as a result family time can suffer.

andy222
24th March 2013, 15:56
I take it she does bank shifts for the NHS steve? Or is she with a agency?

andy222
24th March 2013, 16:00
Should our wives have to work? Thats the question. These days its not voluntary its a compulsory. This adds strain to relationships in my opinion.

stevewool
24th March 2013, 16:04
I take it she does bank shifts for the NHS steve? Or is she with a agency?

NHS Andy

stevewool
24th March 2013, 16:07
Should our wives have to work? Thats the question. These days its not voluntry its a compulsary. This adds strain to relationships in my opinion.

i think any wife/partner who comes from abroad wants to work and help contribute to the household bills, and to have that extra money in there purse too,
We could managed on just the 1 wage but with Ems working we know we can have our plans sooner then later

andy222
24th March 2013, 16:08
I know mate i get about 6 txts a day asking if I want more work. Its always nice to know its there for the extra money though.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. But there is a limit what you can do.

andy222
24th March 2013, 16:09
i think any wife/partner who comes from abroad wants to work and help contribute to the household bills, and to have that extra money in there purse too,
We could managed on just the 1 wage but with Ems working we know we can have our plans sooner then later
Fair play to her mate. I dont think there are many who could live on 1 wage though.

stevewool
24th March 2013, 16:17
Ems work is 7 days on 3 off 7 days on 4 off and so on, maybe 2 or 3 double shifts each week so it all goes into the pot, the great thing is her pension, and what they pay in too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
24th March 2013, 16:21
Just watch what your doing with the pension steve. Get a forecast of how much it will pay out. You maybe better off investing it somewhere else.

andy222
24th March 2013, 16:26
Anyway going to have some lunch now and a bit of a kip. Off to do another night shift.:doh

joebloggs
24th March 2013, 17:12
Just watch what your doing with the pension steve. Get a forecast of how much it will pay out. You maybe better off investing it somewhere else.

Retirement savings expected to run out after only 7 years on average

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/retirement-savings-expected-to-run-out-after-only-seven-years-on-average?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=content+dist&utm_campaign=Outbrain+SIPPs+PCOBS&utm_content=Retirement+savings+expected+to+run+out+after+only+7+years&theSource=PCOBS&Override=1

Terpe
24th March 2013, 17:13

Can you think of a better investment than an NHS pension?
I think you'd be very very hard pushed.

stevewool
24th March 2013, 17:29
Retirement savings expected to run out after only 7 years on average

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/retirement-savings-expected-to-run-out-after-only-seven-years-on-average?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=content+dist&utm_campaign=Outbrain+SIPPs+PCOBS&utm_content=Retirement+savings+expected+to+run+out+after+only+7+years&theSource=PCOBS&Override=1

well they say 19 years so i take that as living that long after finnishing work, i shall have to budget for that long then, like i have said many times before , we shall have savings and i know there will be enough to last alot longer then those years plus a income coming in too, that is before the pension comes into any cost of living,
thats if it all comes into action that is

stevewool
24th March 2013, 17:31

not at all if they contibute that amount and also what you put in yourself, all i can say is Ems has more in 5 months than i get in 12 months, so thats not bad me thinks

Arthur Little
25th March 2013, 12:05
Should our wives have to work? Thats the question.

:gp:, Andy ... MINE doesn't! But then, of course, I'm long retired and, having lived alone for 17 years following the death of my first wife, I truly relish :biggrin: the fact that we're together 24/7. Likewise, with Myrna being an "only girl" her family circumstances meant she'd to balance a 22 years' teaching career with caring for her ailing mother back home in the Philippines. So it would be fair to say, we're BOTH content with the present arrangement.

Financially ... we manage alright, because I'm in receipt of two pensions, i.e., the State Pension and a modest local government one from my former employers. Plus, we don't have the expense most other couples face in running a car.

But, for those ladies married to younger men, I'd say that - unless they've plenty of stimulating "outside" interests and/or hobbies to fill their time while their husbands are at work - then, it's pretty well essential they find a job as soon as they can ... :anerikke: ... if only for the sake of preventing boredom setting in from being confined to the house all day.

Arthur Little
25th March 2013, 12:45
:gp:, Andy ... MINE doesn't!

Perhaps I OUGHT to qualify that statement ... in that Myrna does have a "full time job" - looking after me! :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
25th March 2013, 13:21
These days its not voluntary its a compulsory.

:yeahthat:'s true in many respects ... with the cost of living being what it is; IS it morally right, though, married women - with pre-school children still at home - being encouraged by governments to go out to work, when their husbands are already earning at least a half-decent income?

sars_notd_virus
25th March 2013, 18:05
I've cut my hours at work as it doesnt make sense, the more long hours I work, more tax I pay ...work and home balance is very important to me and my husband:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
25th March 2013, 19:46
The old NHS pension was great Peter but its changed now. I enqired when I first joined 3 years ago. The pension had just changed to the new one. 10 years I would get £2000 per year according to the calculator. I dont think that is much good, It might pay the gas bill in 10 years time but thats about all.

andy222
25th March 2013, 19:48
:yeahthat:'s true in many respects ... with the cost of living being what it is; IS it morally right, though, married women - with pre-school children still at home - being encouraged by governments to go out to work, when their husbands are already earning at least a half-decent income?
Well said Arthur. I do think your a lucky chap though being cared for 24/7. Then again you have worked for it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Moy
25th March 2013, 20:58
working long hours is fine:cwm25: but having kids is difficult..i would rather stay at home and serve them .family first before everything ..:wink:

Moy
25th March 2013, 21:02

To be honest she's now getting very fed up and stressed with her employer.
Why so many staff always off-sick? with no cover being organised.
Why staff allowed leave when no additional cover organised.
Why 'bank-staff' or those on relief contracts refuse to work
Why a current 'ban' on agency relief

For her it comes down to looking after the wellbeing of staff should be more important.
She's begining to feel more of a resource than a person.

tell me about that Terpe...:yawn::cwm23: i have experience working straight whole week without off :bigcry::cwm23::doh and at the end i realize they are abusing my capacity to work as human..not fair at all because i cover whose being sick or those who cant be bother to work, fed up..of it all..:Brick::blahblah::ReadIt::icon_sorry::action-smiley-081: things are they dont know i can be really so bad as well:grosyeux::laugher::xxaction-smiley-047