PDA

View Full Version : Graham.. Remember this place?

fred
22nd March 2013, 15:47
Might be before your time there??
Sign says RAYMONDS.

http://teakdoor.com/Gallery/albums/userpics/28569/DSC02339.jpg

grahamw48
22nd March 2013, 19:17
Haha. No, not before my time there. :biggrin:

I did occasionally sit and have a beer in there, but a pretty rough old dive...
full of dodgy characters (you ? :icon_lol:).

The open-air type place the other side of MH Del Pilar was somewhere I'd frequent more often. They usually had a band or a disco show too. Still pretty rough though. (I don't mean Calle 5 over on Mabini...was in there last year ). :smile:

Happy days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
23rd March 2013, 07:12
Served food and had what you may call a beer garden?

Fred, what years where you there? I stayed in Dian, Malate for roughly 3 months in 1987 from June until September. No i wasn't someones 'papa'!

Graham, did you ever stay in Clive's house in Dagatan, Caloocan? Lovely neighborhood to build a house!

grahamw48
23rd March 2013, 12:14
Served food and had what you may call a beer garden?

Fred, what years where you there? I stayed in Dian, Malate for roughly 3 months in 1987 from June until September. No i wasn't someones 'papa'!

Graham, did you ever stay in Clive's house in Dagatan, Caloocan? Lovely neighborhood to build a house!

That sounds like the place (name also began with 'R'...just can't remember it now).

No, never visited Clive's house.

I do have lots of relatives of the ex living in Caloocan and Tondo though...some on my facebook.
The only time we visited them (sister of the ex and her family), I was advised to stay in the taxi. lol

This is me when I was frequenting the Ermita and Malate areas. I had an apartment in Pasay then.
(Taken in the Japanese Garden...Luneta Park).

jake
24th March 2013, 03:58
When i was in Malate i stayed with filipino's, so didnt really frequent the ermita area. The guy was a fashion designer who was a friend of my late sister who lived in New York. Wouldnt let me pay for a thing the whole time i stayed there :xxgrinning--00xx3: I didnt pay in kind either :icon_lol:

Quite a few of the chungking lot stayed at Clive' over the years. I was there when Bristol Steve was doing his thing and still wonder to this day how he managed to get out alive!