PDA

View Full Version : Application for german schengen visa with less than 6 months valid passport

malditako
19th March 2013, 15:20
This is to overlap my earlier post regarding traveling with passport being expires on nov this current year...i just thought the post maybe a Bit complex. Anyway my passport will be valid till nov. a family in germany are inviting us to visit this summer ( free accomodation) say july. Wonder if my passport be ok if i apply for schengen visa. Renewal is not an option at the moment as i'll be applying for british citizenship soon. Thanks again

Terpe
19th March 2013, 16:30
Here's a copy of what I posted on your earlier thread :-

The answer is Yes and No (but maybe)

1. Yes, if you have a Residence Card with 'Family member of EEA national' written on it. In which case you only need a valid passport. You don't need any visa to travel within the EU providing you're travelling with together your EU partner.

2. No. (but maybe)
In ALL other cases a visa is required. Usually a Schenghen Visa

To secure a Schenghen Visa your passport must have validity of more than 3 months beyond the return date of the proposed trip.
Your passport must also have a full blank visa page for the visa and a full blank visa page for the stamp of border control authorities.

Hope that helps.

malditako
19th March 2013, 21:17
Thanks a lot terpe for the info

stevewool
19th March 2013, 21:34
are you driving over there grace

malditako
19th March 2013, 23:46
are you driving over there grace

Do you like shane to die with a heart attack hahaha....

malchard888
20th March 2013, 16:46
WE will also soon be applying for a Schengen visa for Germany, we will be flying so that will be our first port of call.

lovejoy
20th March 2013, 17:31
Hi regarding for applying schenegen Visa do we need to book for hotels and flight before we apply or we can apply without any booking? Thanks for your help in advance.

malchard888
20th March 2013, 20:47
Lovejoy,

My understanding is that u have to provide evidence of your travel arrangements together with details of where u will be staying and for how long and as we will be staying with friends, I will get them to write a letter confirming that we will be staying at their house. Ive only briefly looked at the application form so cant be sure that I am 100% correct with the above information although in the next week or two I will start the ball rolling !

stevewool
20th March 2013, 22:00
Hi regarding for applying schenegen Visa do we need to book for hotels and flight before we apply or we can apply without any booking? Thanks for your help in advance.

if you are married to your partner and you are a member of the eu, then you dont need the flights insurance hotels or anything like that at all,

stevewool
20th March 2013, 22:10

if you are married to your partner and you are a member of the eu, then you dont need the flights insurance hotels or anything like that at all, we filled ours on line, but like any man i did not read all the pages, it states on the pages when you are filling them on line that if you are a spouse of a european you dont have to fill it all in, well i did not read that, thats why i rang them up just to clarify that Emma is my wife so there is no fee, of which he told me that straight away,
you have to fill the forms online and that way they give you a reference number and then you download all the forms with booking ref and time and date of appointment , ok i know this is for the french schengan but hope it helps

lovejoy
21st March 2013, 00:51
Thank you for answering my question stevewool and malchard888. :xxgrinning--00xx3: