PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried to submit their qualification thru NARIC for the English requirement?

love5money
18th March 2013, 11:21
Hi there!

I am just wondering if anyone of you has tried to submit a Naric application instead of going through the IELTS exams? Did you get a positive response? I will soon be applying for a spouse visa and as you know, part of the requirement is the english qualification. I have a bachelor's degree that is taught in English.

raynaputi
18th March 2013, 12:04
I think you would find that taking the test is much easier than getting recognition of your degree from NARIC. A few members here tried that but still ended up taking English test. And besides, the English taught in the Philippines is different from the British English..Our English in the Philippines is the American way.

Terpe
18th March 2013, 13:02
Hi there!

I am just wondering if anyone of you has tried to submit a Naric application instead of going through the IELTS exams? Did you get a positive response? I will soon be applying for a spouse visa and as you know, part of the requirement is the english qualification. I have a bachelor's degree that is taught in English.

Just as an aside, IELTS is only one of the English Language Tests available.
Since a spouse visa has 30months duration before FLR(M) application and since IELTS is only valid for 24 months that would require you to take yet another English Language Test.
Food for thought.

melovesengland
18th March 2013, 16:39
Like what the members have said we think that it is much mor eaiser for you to just take an english test from an approved english test provider. Ielts is one of it yes but consider taking toeic more cheaper I think.