PDA

View Full Version : Update on mum in laws visa application

Pauldo
26th October 2005, 09:26
The paperwork and documentation was all listed, photocopied and filed, and all looked well. Passports and settlement certificates were notarised and legalised, marriage certs were duplicated and authinticated. Money was in order, My financial life for the last year was flayed open for anybody and their dog to see. We spent £40 fedex it over, just so we knew it would arrive.

CAVA cleared the well filled application envelope page by page over the phone to make sure nothing was left out. (at 180 pesos per minute, they were in no hurry)

The courier collected it within three days of the phone call, the embassy reviewed it and got back to the mum in law inside a week. Looking good huh??? :D :D :P

Well, we thought we had it all covered, all the 'T's crossed, the 'I's dotted.

Until, that is, the aunt who is 'helping' out in the PI decided to throw in a wild card and put one bank statement into the application package. She had been asked to put in the last six months bank statements from her and the the mum in laws account (they have a joint account as mamu is not too clear on bank operations) to show that the only moneys they had recieved were from my wifes monthly remittance.

BUT, the only statement that went in was the latest one, the one showing the 30,000 peso payment we'd just sent to cover the visa application. There appears to be a certain reluctance on the aunts behalf to show anybody the other bank statements?! You know, the ones that shows what money arrived from us, compared to the money that was actually handed over to the mum in law :huh:

SO, mamu has now been asked to go for an interview in a months time to explain about her wealth, her land, and her business investments etc. She hasn't got any, but that single 30,000 peso bank statement sure makes it look like she's not quite so poor and desperate :angry: :angry: :o

Just to pi$$ me off even more, it took six weeks before the aunt would actually phone the CAVA people to organise the thing. Despite weekly phone calls from my wife pushing her to get it sorted. And as you know, there is no end to the excuses available when a Filipino doesn't want to do something! :angry: :angry:

Admin
26th October 2005, 10:59
Never seem to be in a rush for anything Filipino's, they seem to think they come from the West Indies :)

SHe's doing it on purpose Pete to wind you up so you know what your in for when she arrives.....do you have the barn ready? :lol:

Pauldo
26th October 2005, 11:47
Originally posted by admin@Oct 26 2005, 10:59 AM
Never seem to be in a rush for anything Filipino's, they seem to think they come from the West Indies :)

SHe's doing it on purpose Pete to wind you up so you know what your in for when she arrives.....do you have the barn ready? :lol:

Quoted post

It gets worse! I will have to fly over and pick her up, if/when the visa is issued, as she can't fly on her own. Oh, the tedium.

Obviously, I would rather be playing couch potato at home, mid winter, watching quality English tv, than flying to the PI for a week or two and baking in the wretched sun while the mom in law packs. Chances are she won't be able to book her ticket for , ohh, three or four weeks after I arrive :D :D :D

It's a hard life, but someones got to do it B)