PDA

View Full Version : Video display on forum

grahamw48
14th March 2013, 22:14
Why are the videos no longer displayed 'full width' (as per youtube) on forum posts ??? :Erm:

raynaputi
14th March 2013, 23:32
Why are the videos no longer displayed 'full width' (as per youtube) on forum posts ??? :Erm:

What do you mean by full width??? :Erm: Hehehehe :biggrin:

grahamw48
14th March 2013, 23:34
I mean rectangular...not square as they're appearing now.

What have you been doing Rayna ? :ReadIt:

raynaputi
15th March 2013, 00:18
I mean rectangular...not square as they're appearing now.

What have you been doing Rayna ? :ReadIt:

Hahaha..I'm not doing anything..It has been like that a few months ago even before Keith made the changes recently with the look (It was like that when I posted a video the last time, which I don't remember when :biggrin:) . I think it's on youtube's side, they have different screen sizes right? I'm just guessing here..I'm not really sure..hahaha :icon_lol:

imagine
15th March 2013, 00:23
its not the size that matters its the quality:biggrin:

Steve.r
15th March 2013, 01:41
Length or girth ? size matters you know :Sex:

MissAna
15th March 2013, 09:52
do you guys mean 'aspect ratio'? :smile:

Pete/London
15th March 2013, 10:32
I have had the same problem for around a month, dont think its aspect ratio, a third of the widrth of the video is missing.
If you press the display button at the top in the thread details you can change it to its full width, but it also changes how the thread is displayed.

Another problem I am having is since changing to win7 64 bit some of the text is showing distorted, gaps and colour changes.( I have taken into account some of the :crazy:views on here):biggrin:

grahamw48
15th March 2013, 10:36
I'm not going to rise to the sexual innuendo. :xxcheeky-smiley-013

andy222
15th March 2013, 13:17
Length or girth ? size matters you know :Sex:
Trust you to lower the tone.:icon_lol:

Terpe
15th March 2013, 13:24
I have had the same problem for around a month, dont think its aspect ratio, a third of the widrth of the video is missing.
If you press the display button at the top in the thread details you can change it to its full width, but it also changes how the thread is displayed....

I've also suffered with this issue on and off for some time.
Which option under 'display' did you activate?

Steve.r
15th March 2013, 14:19
Trust you to lower the tone.:icon_lol::icon_lol: Sorry to say that I don't have this problem at all, mind you... I cant see any videos here, they are all blocked by the Chinese government :doh

KeithD
21st March 2013, 19:16
Another problem I am having is since changing to win7 64 bit some of the text is showing distorted, gaps and colour changes.( I have taken into account some of the :crazy:views on here):biggrin:

Click the COMPATABILITY BUTTON in the right of the Address bar in your browser if it's IE

Pete/London
21st March 2013, 20:27
Click the COMPATABILITY BUTTON in the right of the Address bar in your browser if it's IE

I`m viewing in Firefox, in IE and Chrome I dont think there`s a problem, I will have to check both of them more thoroughly first:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st March 2013, 22:57
Firefox is so slow and dated now.

grahamw48
21st March 2013, 23:08
I got rid of Chrome cos of all the damned advertising and links to everything I don't want to be linked to.

Used IE for the first time in years today. Have to work out how to clear all the clutter, myriads of buttons etc. :NoNo:

My biggest problem at the moment is needing to use one Adobe Flash for my youtube to work correctly (the older 10+ version) and the latest one for use on Facebook apps (11+).

I've been trying to get the newer version to ONLY kick in when using IE/Facebook, then I can stay with the older one when using Firefox and youtube.

Sometimes these later versions of add-ons screw up as much as they fix. :icon_rolleyes:

KeithD
22nd March 2013, 10:06
Flash is becoming obsolete now we have HTML5 as it can be programmed straight into the browser code. It will be a while before that happens though as Flash has been a part of the internet for over a decade.

Terpe
22nd March 2013, 13:06
Anyone here speak English :biggrin:

:xxparty-smiley-004: