PDA

View Full Version : Eric Pickles orders ban on council translations for migrants

joebloggs
10th March 2013, 10:08
:xxgrinning--00xx3: a bit of common sense, they can get a friend to help them fill forms in,why should the tax payer pay :NoNo:

Eric Pickles, the secretary of state for communities, has issued instructions to local councils ordering them to stop wasting money on translating in-house newsletters and information leaflets for migrants.

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/9919639/Eric-Pickles-orders-ban-on-council-translations-for-migrants.html

andy222
10th March 2013, 10:51
That I do agree with.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
10th March 2013, 10:53
So will I stop getting a copy in Welsh? :biggrin:

grahamw48
10th March 2013, 10:59
About bloody time.
No wonder the country is going bankrupt.

Look after our own first ! :mad:

joebloggs
10th March 2013, 11:14
His legal team had told Manchester magistrates' court their client did not understand the word 'constabulary' on official letters from the police. His solicitor Gwyn Lewis told the hearing: "He does understand the word 'police', but not more complicated words. The letters are written from Cheshire constabulary and the word police doesn't appear on it anywhere."

:doh:icon_lol: so his wife didn't know, he didn't understand the contents of the letter, how long has he been in the UK? he been in the UK since 2006 :cwm25:, he didn't ask a friend or someone at city :Erm:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/08/carlos-tevez-arrested-driving-disqualified

or even at interpreter, hes got the money, £12.m a year :doh

grahamw48
10th March 2013, 11:19
Try getting the same service free in whatever country they've come from. :NoNo:

Damned parasites.

bigmarco
10th March 2013, 13:54
My wife had to go to the Doctors on Friday (nothing major). While I was sitting in the reception area I heard the receptionist phoning up to book a Turkish translator for 2 appointments for a woman who was roughly the same age as my wife.
You just sit there thinking what an absolute :piss2:take not content with getting free medical help we're also expected to pay for a translation service because some lazy bitch can't be bothered to learn the language. :cwm23:

grahamw48
10th March 2013, 14:13
Agreed.

Then again, perhaps the partner didn't want a woman/chattel who would be able to integrate into the 'Infidel' way of life. :icon_rolleyes:

Dedworth
10th March 2013, 15:05
My wife had to go to the Doctors on Friday (nothing major). While I was sitting in the reception area I heard the receptionist phoning up to book a Turkish translator for 2 appointments for a woman who was roughly the same age as my wife.
You just sit there thinking what an absolute :piss2:take not content with getting free medical help we're also expected to pay for a translation service because some lazy bitch can't be bothered to learn the language. :cwm23:

An absolute disgrace - as Graham said what other country would pander to these leeches.

Terpe
10th March 2013, 15:49
An absolute disgrace - as Graham said what other country would pander to these leeches.

You'll enjoy this:-

Judge's anger as money is wasted on interpreters who can't even speak English

Source:-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291005/Judge-condemns-firm-using-Polish-centre-translators-hopelessly-incompetent-interpreter-fails-turn-trial-Vietnamese-drug-king.html

Dedworth
10th March 2013, 15:55
You'll enjoy this:-

Well spotted Terpe . Another example of Crapita continuing to live up to their name :icon_lol:

grahamw48
10th March 2013, 16:05
Meanwhile, hospital wards are being closed...for lack of cash. :cwm23:

andy222
10th March 2013, 17:41
This goes on a lot marco. It is not a isolated incident. Our wives have to speak a certain amount of english why shouldnt every one else who comes here?

stevecebu
10th March 2013, 17:45
thank god for that i agree what a waste of money,people who come to uk should support them selves,if we went to phill what help would we get,JACK :icon_sorry: