PDA

View Full Version : going to france

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 14:28
well after looking now for a few days on how to get there and where to go too.
shall we drive to Calais and just pop over for a few days on the ferry a few hundred quid, or fly to Paris for a few days lots of hundred quids,
This is going to be a stepping point we hope, our main holidays is going to be Italy and Spain so i dont want to spend to much going to France,
well have to keep looking we have another month or so to change our mind

hawk
3rd March 2013, 15:30
try looking up eurocamp holidays i went with them a few years and was cheap in the price is the ferry they have sites all over eu worth a look

WhiteBloodAda
3rd March 2013, 16:49
You can always find deals for the ferries! National newspapers seem to do them often aswell! If you do go that way, wave as you travel through Dover ;) Not sure why people want to travel to France though, it's full of frogs!

Moy
3rd March 2013, 16:58
You can always find deals for the ferries! National newspapers seem to do them often aswell! If you do go that way, wave as you travel through Dover ;) Not sure why people want to travel to France though, it's full of frogs!
:laugher: better than a water buffalo in the Philippines lols:action-smiley-081::laugher:

hows that :Cuckoo::action-smiley-081::hubbahubba:7853

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 17:01
£68 the cheapest i can get for the ferry thats for a car and us two, just a few days break get the stamp on the passport and off we go to the rest of Europe, by the way i love france ifi had the cash i would buy there too

imagine
3rd March 2013, 17:02
back of a container is cheapest way to travel,
there must be empty ones after off loading illegal uk bound imigrants:icon_lol:

imagine
3rd March 2013, 17:03
£68 the cheapest i can get for the ferry thats for a car and us two, just a few days break get the stamp on the passport and off we go to the rest of Europe, by the way i love france ifi had the cash i would buy there too

thats very cheap, i thought it would be a lot more than that

WhiteBloodAda
3rd March 2013, 17:30

Try looking at France everyday, you'll soon change your mind ;)

bigmarco
3rd March 2013, 17:57
What about Eurostar. People say it's quick and goes to the centre of Paris.

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 18:01
Try looking at France everyday, you'll soon change your mind ;)

its like anywhere in the world and where you think you would like to be, my daughter has a house in rural brittainy and if i had the choice of being there well i shall pack now

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 18:02
What about Eurostar. People say it's quick and goes to the centre of Paris.

looked at there prices so expensive, unless you go at stupid times but its still very dear

Terpe
3rd March 2013, 18:17
well after looking now for a few days on how to get there and where to go too.
shall we drive to Calais and just pop over for a few days on the ferry a few hundred quid, or fly to Paris for a few days lots of hundred quids,
This is going to be a stepping point we hope, our main holidays is going to be Italy and Spain so i dont want to spend to much going to France,
well have to keep looking we have another month or so to change our mind

As always Steve, it all depends how much time you have, how much money you want spend and what it is you want to experience.

Going by ferry is always a nice experience and there are some great deals to be had.
I have no idea how the cost and time adds up these days, it's been a long time since I used to drive to France. I know it didn't always makes sense either costwise ot timewise, so worth comparing to other options.

You could enjoy a relaxing and romantic break to Paris on Eurostar. There are also plenty of great deals to be had there as well.
Plus it's a lot more relaxing than driving. It's a nice experience, although actually going through the 'Chunnel' theres's nothing to see.
Paris does offer some world famous attractions, an easy transportation and some fantastic Parisian cuisine.

Just as with Eurostar, you can still find some great deals on a short city break by air. Probably this option will often work out the more expensive and
door to door time may not be as quick and relaxing as Eurostar.

Overall, my vote goes to a bargain Eurostar trip to Paris. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm a railway fan, so I guess that choice is no surprise.
But you know from Paris you can get some some great trains to Italy or Spain. Both countries are well served by high speed services.
Switzerland is a heaven for some truly wonderful train journeys.

Terpe
3rd March 2013, 18:20
looked at there prices so expensive, unless you go at stupid times but its still very dear

There are literally hundreds of outlets for Eurostar tickets. Some good deals for 1,2 or 3 night break.