PDA

View Full Version : The 10 Best new TVs

Terpe
1st March 2013, 11:47
1.Samsung UE46ES8000

With its super-slim 46in screen and classic design, this truly is a stylish offering from Samsung. The smart TV is 3D-active and can be controlled by remote control, hand gestures or your voice. The 3D aside, the 2D viewing is some of the best you will see.

£1,399, currys.co.uk

2. LG 55LM760T

For its size and wealth of features, this beautiful set from LG is great value for money. The near-invisible frame holds a 55in screen which delivers 3D and smart TV and it comes with two remotes and seven pairs of 3D glasses, which show that LG considers this a true family-entertainment system.

£1,299, pcworld.co.uk

3. Sony KDL-22EX553

This 22in HD-ready television has energy- (and money-) saving features that mean the LED backlighting dims according to the scene. You can also use your smartphone to access films, songs and channels wirelessly through the Sony Entertainment Network.

£349, sony.co.uk

4. Panasonic Viera TXP50X50B

With a five-star review from What Hi-Fi? this is a 50in television for anyone who doesn't want to pay over the odds to have a high-spec screen in their house. It may not be as slim as the top models but the picture quality is fantastic and considerably sharper than others in the same price range.

£399.95, richersounds.com

5. Philips 55PFL6007T/12

A top-of-the-range 55in 3D smart TV. This model boasts some really cool features such as Ambilight Spectra, which projects a glow of light around the sides of the television from the back of the screen on to the wall behind it, enlarging the screen and creating a more immersive, cinematic viewing experience.

£1,299, johnlewis.com

6. Samsung ES5500

At just under £500, this set of course misses out on some of the features you see with the ES8000 but it still packs a powerful punch. There is a 40in screen, slick design and the Samsung Smart Hub, which remains one of the best web-television interfaces.

£498.65, tesco.com

7. Philips 42PFL6907t/12

A smart TV with a powerful 42in LED screen. It has full HD, is ideal for watching 3D films and has a special two-player gaming mode, meaning it is a perfect home-entertainment hub.

£799.95, johnlewis.com

8. Toshiba 55WL968B

As the top dog of Toshiba's range, it's no surprise the specs on this slick-looking set are impressive. The 55in LED screen is full HD and has 3D capabilities and as well as the Toshiba Places content hub there is iPlayer, YouTube, a Freeview HD digital tuner and more inputs and outputs in the back than you could possibly need.

£1,299, johnlewis.com

9. Panasonic TX-L47E5B

If you're new to the smart-TV party, this 47-inch Panasonic is a (relatively) inexpensive way to get involved. It doesn't offer 3D but comes loaded with Panasonic's Viera Connect Internet TV platform.

£629.99 amazon.co.uk

10. Sharp LC-60LE635EA 60in screen with an LED edge backlight, Freeview HD and Aquos Net+, the only thing this superb television doesn't have is 3D capability. If incredibly clear 2D with excellent audio is real enough for you, then this television, which won a Best Buy award from avforums.com, is damn near perfect.

£973, pixmania.co.uk

Source:-
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/the-10-best-new-tvs-8513674.html

grahamw48
1st March 2013, 16:54
Thanks for the info' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I only have the 40" Samsung LCD, but it is a superb set with loads of features and connections.
No point in replacing it yet...especially for 3D, which I can't be bothered with.
...Perhaps when they have 3D car racing games. :Erm:

les_taxi
1st March 2013, 17:47
I think 3d will fade away:icon_rolleyes:
Still not seen any led or lcd to beat a plasma:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
1st March 2013, 18:39
Panasonic Plasma TV's take some beating, because they have Pioneer technoligy that gives you better black in HD. Not really bothered about 3D until the time you dont need to wear glasses, probably another couple of years to wait yet!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
1st March 2013, 18:44
im waiting for holographic interactive :biggrin:

Pete/London
1st March 2013, 19:24
Always Panasonic for me with TVs, house phones are good as well, usually top notch quality.

les_taxi
1st March 2013, 19:42
I got the 46" Panasonic 2 years ago and people still go "wow" when they see the quality of picture,mind you cost me £1200 quid even then:omg:

stevie c
1st March 2013, 20:38
Im a sony fan myself i currently have a 42# sony LCD which has been superb

Terpe
1st March 2013, 20:49
A friend of ours has a 3D televsion.
Watching a special 3D demo was actually amazing and really great fun.
But after 10 minutes or so it made our eyes go funny and we felt a little 'travel-sick'.

I've not seen anything at all that comes anywhere near tempting me to buy into 3D

I wonder why the TV manufacturers continue to produce it.

Anyone here got one? experienced one?
Want one?

Just curious.

les_taxi
1st March 2013, 21:57
I think its all being scaled back as it is a novelty,nothing wrong with a good quality tv in 2d

tone
2nd March 2013, 22:02
A friend of ours has a 3D televsion.
Watching a special 3D demo was actually amazing and really great fun.
But after 10 minutes or so it made our eyes go funny and we felt a little 'travel-sick'.

I've not seen anything at all that comes anywhere near tempting me to buy into 3D

I wonder why the TV manufacturers continue to produce it.

Anyone here got one? experienced one?
Want one?

Just curious.

Hi Peter
Yeah I got one a while back, started with a 42" LG from Amazon, which I sent back and got a 50" because 3D really needs to fill your field of view.

If you have been to the cinema you will usually use passive 3D glasses that are cheap and use an angled polarising filter.
The ones that sometimes cause motion sickness are active glasses that use shutters.
I have an active TV and the glasses were £50 a pop which is steep!

I watch a bit of 3D and mostly HD stuff off sky and blue ray as well as 3D downloads.
Personally when I first got it watched everything in 3D but now it's usually a film here or there as well as footie off Sky.

For me its ok and I enjoy it but it would be good if I could use glasses free 3D one day..

Tone

London_Manila
3rd March 2013, 03:39
Sky Sports HD looks perfect on a Sony 55 inch LCD :smile: