PDA

View Full Version : Sterling to Peso

sars_notd_virus
26th February 2013, 17:52
I am not very happy ..exchange rate is 61.85 as of today.

Terpe
26th February 2013, 18:35
I am not very happy ..exchange rate is 61.85 as of today.

Yesterday it dropped to 61.29

Lets hope it'll creep up a bit.
These political goings on in Italy have helped the pound from going below 60, but my guess is that is just a short term thing.
The only way for the pound is down :NoNo:

melovesengland
26th February 2013, 18:41
It was 60 The other day in WU when I checked it and 61.2 in BPI. :NoNo::doh:grosyeux:

sars_notd_virus
26th February 2013, 18:41
I was about to send some money for my mum as a birthday prezzie...looks like it'll have to wait till friday...:NoNo:

han
26th February 2013, 19:41
-sigh- :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:
I'm hoping to get better value for my small amount of money as a b-day presents for my brother this coming 6 March :NoNo: :NoNo:
And in addition to that 9.90 fee in money gram... :anerikke:

Terpe
26th February 2013, 20:39
I was about to send some money for my mum as a birthday prezzie...looks like it'll have to wait till friday...:NoNo:

To be honest, I doubt it will change much.
Better to look around for the best exchange rate with lowest fees.

Get that pressie sent, the difference in GBP will not be a great deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
26th February 2013, 22:35
Only 58-54 HSBC on Monday

DaveW
26th February 2013, 22:51
What a pile of ..... I'll never forget around 100 pesos to the pound when i first ever went. And also how gutted i was when i went back and it was only 89 pesos. Since then it has been in freefall. really does make me mad. How can a currency drop by almost half in value against another?

stevewool
26th February 2013, 22:54
first time for me it was 66

andy222
26th February 2013, 22:54
Maybe its because osbourne lost our AAA rating. The scumbag.

purple
26th February 2013, 23:14
That's because Britain has been borrowing lots of money to give away to the EU neighbouring countries who came here and milk the system...just my stupid rants and opinions..

Maybe its because osbourne lost our AAA rating. The scumbag.

stevie c
26th February 2013, 23:22
First time i went to the phils it was 100 peso to the pound we sill never see these rates again :NoNo: :doh

imagine
27th February 2013, 02:39
should have traded all your savings for peso while it was 100 maybe :REGamblMoney01HL1:

fred
27th February 2013, 03:34
What a pile of ..... I'll never forget around 100 pesos to the pound when i first ever went. And also how gutted i was when i went back and it was only 89 pesos. Since then it has been in freefall. really does make me mad. How can a currency drop by almost half in value against another?

I think the recent past movement was based mainly on the Peso strength against other currencies.. Now the Pound has dropped re AAA rating news and EU turmoil,Italian election B/S.. Blah bla bla..
Lowest Ive changed at was 12-1 and the highest was 108.00-1..
We changed quite a large sum a month ago and Im now wishing we cleaned out our UK accounts.
Oh well!!...Stiff upper lip and all that!!!
On wards and upwards!!...For the Peso anyway!

jake
27th February 2013, 08:51
Just came back form the bank and the manager reckons the rates are being manipulated by the BSP and they should be about 20% higher.
She told me a lot more but i didn't have a clue what it meant!
I moved what little money we had in the UK about 6 years ago at 96-1. Glad i did!

sars_notd_virus
27th February 2013, 18:30
To be honest, I doubt it will change much.
Better to look around for the best exchange rate with lowest fees.

Get that pressie sent, the difference in GBP will not be a great deal :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks, I am with BPI /credit to account , only charge £5 for up to £1,000...sent it today and I know my Mum will be surprise and happy not knowing she lost 200pesos because of the low exchange rate:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike1
27th February 2013, 21:31
:Erm:that was only about 5 or 6 years ago ,first time i went there 101 plus to the £, now look at it :NoNo:

DaveW
27th February 2013, 21:44
I will be back in Philippines next Tuesday, and will probably change my money up in Robinsons Manila. Hopefuly get around 60 only

Michael Parnham
27th February 2013, 23:06
Don't think it will get any better!:thumbsdown:

stevie c
27th February 2013, 23:10
Don't think it will get any better!:thumbsdown:

It certainly doesnt look like getting any better :NoNo: :cwm23:

DaveUK
28th February 2013, 08:51
We'll be going back in a few weeks for the first time since my wife arrived in the UK (3 years ago). The peso is now at it's worst since I've known her.

For me, the first time I went to the Philippines about 5 years ago, I think it was around 75/76 pesos to the pound, so the current rate is not as bad for me as it may be for some of the rest of you guys. Still hurts though! :NoNo:

andy222
28th February 2013, 09:34
I look at this way. I like others are supporting my wife in the phils in other words contributing to the phil economy. Wouldnt it be better being spent in this country? No wonder this country is in a mess.

RickyR
28th February 2013, 11:37
Thank my lucky stars that i'm paid in a dollar pegged currency, not often I've been able to say that in recent years.

Trefor
28th February 2013, 13:25
Thank my lucky stars that i'm paid in a dollar pegged currency, not often I've been able to say that in recent years.

I've just sold my house in Muscat, money should be coming over in 4-5 weeks time. So a weak pound is very good for me at the moment :biggrin:

aug06_2006
28th February 2013, 22:39
Back 2008 d £1 rate it was 87 pesos...

fred
28th February 2013, 23:49
http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/uploads/monthly_12_2012/post-198-0-97483200-1356484539_thumb.jpg
http://www.tititudorancea.com/lib/fx/gbp_to_php_10days.png

According to the chart above,the best ever rate was PHP109.36. !

jonnijon
12th March 2013, 23:30
Dam banks:smileybigangry::xxangry-smiley-009: HSBC 57 peso = £1

South-east boy
12th March 2013, 23:47
Dam banks:smileybigangry::xxangry-smiley-009: HSBC 57 peso = £1

That's awful! Looks like it's heading towards 50! :cwm24: It was 68 when I went last May/June.

bigmarco
8th June 2013, 12:29
Things are looking up exchange rate at IRemit this morning is 65.80 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th June 2013, 12:34
Things are looking up exchange rate at IRemit this morning is 65.80 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not been at that level since January.
C'mon sterling :icon_lol:

SimonH
8th June 2013, 12:43
Wish I had a magic ball, my plot of land just came down by £9000 from when I agreed the price in php 2 months ago

Michael Parnham
8th June 2013, 17:12
65.60 at this moment in time, not too bad!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
8th June 2013, 17:14
Wish I had a magic ball, my plot of land just came down by £9000 from when I agreed the price in php 2 months ago

Do you mean Pesos Simon?

gWaPito
8th June 2013, 18:20
April 2006. .. from an SM in Davao, I got nearly 100 to the pound. Things were a darn sight cheaper there as well.

SimonH
8th June 2013, 19:15
No, I mean sterling. Agreed a price when the exchange rate was 60/£ now at nearly 66/£ it's nearly 10% less so I save £9000

imagine
8th June 2013, 20:20
No, I mean sterling. Agreed a price when the exchange rate was 60/£ now at nearly 66/£ it's nearly 10% less so I save £9000

if thats sterling to peso you havent saved you lost:Erm:

SimonH
8th June 2013, 20:27
if thats sterling to peso you havent saved you lost:Erm:

As I haven't parted with any of my hard earned yet, I think when it comes time to send the cash I'll be 9k better off. 6m php was 100k now it's 91k, providing it stays at the current rate that is.

imagine
8th June 2013, 21:22
As I haven't parted with any of my hard earned yet, I think when it comes time to send the cash I'll be 9k better off. 6m php was 100k now it's 91k, providing it stays at the current rate that is.

ah i thought you sent at 60/£:icon_lol:

keith britten
9th June 2013, 01:07
Lets hope it continues to rise and get back to where it was 18 months ago then perhaps I'll get my full pension. :olddude:

jake
9th June 2013, 03:22

Your average filipino is very aware of exchange rates. The price just went up 1m php :biggrin:

stevewool
9th June 2013, 08:37
Your average filipino is very aware of exchange rates. The price just went up 1m php :biggrin:

yep thats just my thinking too

SimonH
9th June 2013, 08:43
So, if the situation were reversed and the php dropped from 60 to 55/£ you're saying I would be in a position to renegotiate down to 5m?
Price agreed in php, so that's what I'll be paying. The currency I use at home is irrelevant, whether it be pounds, dollars, euros or second hand cats.

stevewool
9th June 2013, 08:45
you are always in a position to renegotiate, its whether the person agrees or you walk away from any deal,

jake
9th June 2013, 14:12
So, if the situation were reversed and the php dropped from 60 to 55/£ you're saying I would be in a position to renegotiate down to 5m?
Price agreed in php, so that's what I'll be paying. The currency I use at home is irrelevant, whether it be pounds, dollars, euros or second hand cats.

:smile: that's true you could negotiate down to 5m.
Handshake's and agreements at the end of the day mean nothing. It is a legally binding contract in your hand that counts.

In the Philippines there are certain things that can change very quickly if the peso depreciates against the dollar. Our monthly electricity bill will go up even though we pay in pesos.

sars_notd_virus
9th June 2013, 15:01
Sterling to peso 65.80 today :xxgrinning--00xx3:
not much difference but a hundred pesos can go a long way in the PH:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
9th June 2013, 15:55
Sterling to peso 65.80 today :xxgrinning--00xx3:
not much difference but a hundred pesos can go a long way in the PH:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

It can?
How long have you been over there??:icon_lol:

tone
9th June 2013, 22:34
This slow downhill value of the sterling started in 2008 when we had this big issue with bad debt but more recently if I understand this right the BoE QE program has been watering down the £ because they are printing billions of extra £'s.

I sent some cash to Rina today via WU and I got 64.74 to £.

Its a good time for foreigners to come to the UK now - providing they can get a visa to come here!

Terpe
12th June 2013, 19:06
67.48 this afternoon.
That's the highest it's been since September 2012 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

But why?????

stevewool
12th June 2013, 20:03
thats a great rate up up and away:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
12th June 2013, 22:54
Wish someone would tell HSBC what the rate is 62.75 Told them where they can stick their accounts.

Michael Parnham
13th June 2013, 10:46
p67.55 at this moment:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
14th June 2013, 04:57
68.5 now how much higher will it go its now back to the level when I came out 2 years ago

fred
14th June 2013, 05:49
Philippine Peso Poised for Weekly Decline on Stock Outflows

The Philippine peso was headed for a weekly drop as foreign funds sold local stocks on speculation the Federal Reserve (http://topics.bloomberg.com/federal-reserve/) will scale back its bond purchases that have spurred inflows to emerging-market assets.
The peso weakened beyond 43 to the dollar for the first time in a year this week. Overseas investors sold $55 million of Philippine shares from June 10 through yesterday, taking this month’s net sales to $256 million, exchange data show. The central bank yesterday kept its benchmark overnight borrowing rate unchanged at 3.5 percent and refrained from amending the 2 percent rate on its special-deposit accounts after gross domestic product grew 7.8 in the first quarter, the fastest pace in the region.
“The peso has been doing terribly as the stock market has dropped,” said Leong Sook Mei, Southeast Asian head of global markets research at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. inSingapore (http://topics.bloomberg.com/singapore/). “There is no need for rate cuts when the peso is weakening and the economy isAsia (http://topics.bloomberg.com/asia/)’s best-performing.”
The peso slipped 1.3 percent this week and gained 0.6 percent today to 42.825 per dollar as of 11:12 a.m. in Manila (http://topics.bloomberg.com/manila/), according to Tullett Prebon Plc data. It touched 43.295 yesterday, the lowest level since June 8, 2012. The Philippine Stock Exchange Composite Index has fallen 6 percent this week.
The currency has lost 4.3 percent this year after appreciating 6.8 percent in 2012. The peso remains supported by positive fundamentals, and the authorities will maintain a “strategic presence” in the markets, central bank Governor Amando Tetangco said in an interview to Bloomberg TV today.
One-month implied volatility, a measure of expected moves in the exchange rate (http://topics.bloomberg.com/exchange-rate/) used to price options, increased 198 basis points, or 1.98 percentage point, to 8.47 percent in the past five days. The gauge fell 25 basis points today.
The yield on the 8 percent government bonds due July 2031 increased three basis points to 4.65 percent in the past five days, according to prices from Tradition Financial Services. The rate fell 10 basis points today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-14/philippine-peso-poised-for-weekly-decline-on-stock-outflows.html

Terpe
14th June 2013, 16:30
Thanks Fred :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It did puzzle me.

jonnijon
16th June 2013, 05:33
4000 peso more in my pension this month :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
27th June 2013, 19:24
Still creeping up 66.40 at IRemit today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
27th June 2013, 19:27
Still creeping up 66.40 at IRemit today :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nah, it's going down now, it's been well over 67 this past couple of weeks :icon_lol:

I sent a fairly large amount last week with iRemit at 67.70. Talk about lucky timing

imagine
27th June 2013, 21:09
any difference between using IRemit and world remit, charges reliability recommendable etc?

Terpe
28th June 2013, 08:39
any difference between using IRemit and world remit, charges reliability recommendable etc?

Stewart, there's lots of ways and remittance organisations to send money.
It does depend on how much you want to send and how the recipient wants to receive.

For a long time now we've used iRemit simply because it suits us.

Everyone will tell you their preferred method/company is best.

I would suggest you do a quick search here on the numerous threads about sending money and find something thats best for you.
My best advice is to settle on one where the total overall costs are acceptable and the organisation is reputable.

Remember it's not just about charges etc, look to the exchange rates too

iRemit are always very very close to interbank rate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
28th June 2013, 09:38
65.81 with PNB remmittence today

imagine
28th June 2013, 10:52
Stewart, there's lots of ways and remittance organisations to send money.
It does depend on how much you want to send and how the recipient wants to receive.

For a long time now we've used iRemit simply because it suits us.

Everyone will tell you their preferred method/company is best.

I would suggest you do a quick search here on the numerous threads about sending money and find something thats best for you.
My best advice is to settle on one where the total overall costs are acceptable and the organisation is reputable.

Remember it's not just about charges etc, look to the exchange rates too

iRemit are always very very close to interbank rate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks peter, quite a few times iv searched and read lots of threads ,having a phil bank here in uk such as pnb seems to be the cheapest and good rates,but seems i would need an account in phil too to benefit, also seems you cant open an account here unless you have one in phil 1st, anyway it also seems more hastle, transfer from a uk bank to uk phil bank the=n transfer again to philippines:Erm:and i dont have an account with a phil bank here or there yet,
hsbc to benefit needs a large amount tied up with them,
up to now i have used world remit,paid by card so card charge and to be picked up,would be cheaper if they do it bank to bank,then i guess a recieving charge by bank

Steve.r
28th June 2013, 11:19
thanks peter, quite a few times iv searched and read lots of threads ,having a phil bank here in uk such as pnb seems to be the cheapest and good rates,but seems i would need an account in phil too to benefit, also seems you cant open an account here unless you have one in phil 1st, anyway it also seems more hastle, transfer from a uk bank to uk phil bank the=n transfer again to philippines:Erm:and i dont have an account with a phil bank here or there yet,

Stewart, it doesn't work that way. My wife and I opened an account with PNB in the Philippines. That was easy. So, when I want to remit, I go to PNB Europe website and transfer the cash directly from my Nat-west account to our account in Phils. You can if you are in the UK call them and it is an instant transfer, do it online and they say it can take 24 hours to deposit. My wife then goes to the bank or ATM and can access the money. To do this through PNB Europe, you just have to register with them, just bank details of the account the money is coming from and the account it is going to. It is easy

jonnijon
28th June 2013, 13:19
When I setup with PNB had to send them two proof of ID verified by accountant or lawyer, but its a very good system. Used to send from the UK about 4 or 5 pm and she would get it the following am. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th June 2013, 14:37
...hsbc to benefit needs a large amount tied up with them...

Not suggesting it's worth doing, but HSBC will provide the same services 'by subscription' without having large amounts deposited with them. I'm not sure of the exact amount but something like £20 per month.

I have no idea if it's worth it or not. Other members have used HSBC in that way.

Your own bank-to-bank Xfer is usually a much safer simpler and cheaper route.

imagine
28th June 2013, 16:27
Not suggesting it's worth doing, but HSBC will provide the same services 'by subscription' without having large amounts deposited with them. I'm not sure of the exact amount but something like £20 per month.

I have no idea if it's worth it or not. Other members have used HSBC in that way.

Your own bank-to-bank Xfer is usually a much safer simpler and cheaper route.

20 a month i think is quite steep, unless sending money on a regular basis,which after i get the amount i want there there which i will break down into smaller sends,i will not be using it after that i hope,well at least not untill i get my pension:biggrin:

imagine
28th June 2013, 16:32
Stewart, it doesn't work that way. My wife and I opened an account with PNB in the Philippines. That was easy. So, when I want to remit, I go to PNB Europe website and transfer the cash directly from my Nat-west account to our account in Phils. You can if you are in the UK call them and it is an instant transfer, do it online and they say it can take 24 hours to deposit. My wife then goes to the bank or ATM and can access the money. To do this through PNB Europe, you just have to register with them, just bank details of the account the money is coming from and the account it is going to. It is easy

thanks i will look into that, at the end of the day im wondering if just transfering from my existing rbs account might be just as good, i can test a send out at some point see what they exchange at ect, i know the recieving bank pnb lolita has will charge me 8 dollars on recieving,which isnt such a lot at that end

imagine
29th June 2013, 09:39

been trying to register online but their link for sign up will not work,tried it on different browsers still the same,:cwm25:

fred
29th June 2013, 10:56
When we change pounds (Not very often) we get the best rate outside (usually an Indian) and he brings the cash to the bank where the deal is done.. Far better rate than BPI offer..
Also dont forget that PDIC only insures 500.00K per depositor for saving accounts.

Steve.r
29th June 2013, 12:27
been trying to register online but their link for sign up will not work,tried it on different browsers still the same,:cwm25:

Stewart try this link

http://www.pnbeurope.com/forms/RemRegistrationFormNov11.pdf

if it opens then you print it as per instructions here:

http://www.pnbeurope.com/Remittance.htm

jonnijon
29th June 2013, 13:32
HSBC Advance account in the Philippines requires a minimum 100,000 peso on deposit to avoid bank charges.

imagine
29th June 2013, 13:53
Stewart try this link

http://www.pnbeurope.com/forms/RemRegistrationFormNov11.pdf

if it opens then you print it as per instructions here:

http://www.pnbeurope.com/Remittance.htm

thanks steve, cant fill it in yet anyway untill i get the send to beneficiary bank details,
looking at their remittance charges,it says sterling to us dollar :Erm: does this mean its paid into a phil bank in dollars then have to change it again to peso,?
the only downside is having to pay for 2 lots of id to be signed by doctor ect, but i guess its worth it, just need to know if scanned documents for id are ok or need to be photo copies .
feel pnb europe is pretty safe and reliable:xxgrinning--00xx3:

also it asks my employment details income, in a way im early retired without income, what you think should i just put retired and leave earnings blank:Erm:

Steve.r
29th June 2013, 14:21
thanks steve, cant fill it in yet anyway untill i get the send to beneficiary bank details,
looking at their remittance charges,it says sterling to us dollar :Erm: does this mean its paid into a phil bank in dollars then have to change it again to peso,?
the only downside is having to pay for 2 lots of id to be signed by doctor ect, but i guess its worth it, just need to know if scanned documents for id are ok or need to be photo copies .
feel pnb europe is pretty safe and reliable:xxgrinning--00xx3:

also it asks my employment details income, in a way im early retired without income, what you think should i just put retired and leave earnings blank:Erm:

The form I think is just a formality. I remember when I registered I used our company accountant and my Boss for ID. I think it is a bit silly asking for these types of referee. As for the charges, it is only a one time charge, about £6 if you are sending £1000 (ish) You just tell them how much you want to send in £'s, they tell you how many Peso's that is at the exchange rate for that day and they ask you if that includes the charge or not, it is that simple.
I have been using this method for 4 years (monthly) and have transferred large amounts too like when we bought our house, and never a hiccup or problem, they are very reliable imo.

imagine
29th June 2013, 14:37
The form I think is just a formality. I remember when I registered I used our company accountant and my Boss for ID. I think it is a bit silly asking for these types of referee. As for the charges, it is only a one time charge, about £6 if you are sending £1000 (ish) You just tell them how much you want to send in £'s, they tell you how many Peso's that is at the exchange rate for that day and they ask you if that includes the charge or not, it is that simple.
I have been using this method for 4 years (monthly) and have transferred large amounts too like when we bought our house, and never a hiccup or problem, they are very reliable imo.

the form only shows payment type as cards debit/credit ect, so its not the bank details,directly like as bank to bank transfer

Steve.r
29th June 2013, 15:16
the form only shows payment type as cards debit/credit ect, so its not the bank details,directly like as bank to bank transfer
I only use my bank card, it is like just making a card payment. When you call them you confirm your identity with a couple of security questions, then they only ask for the last 4 digits of the card and the security number on the back and it's done. If you do it online it is similar, you have already your card set up on their system and you use a pin number for security. But this time online you have to go through the bank security screen too, so another form of pin number and it is done.
It sounds complicated, but once set up it is so easy, because I am in China I use the online way, but if I need to send money urgently I will call the uk on the phone as the transfer is instant. hth

imagine
29th June 2013, 15:25
thanks steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:
il get this sorted the next few days,gather details i need tomorrow :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
13th August 2013, 20:49
It's creeping up again 67.55 at IRemit today :smile:

Terpe
13th August 2013, 20:50
It's creeping up again 67.55 at IRemit today :smile:

Yep, I like that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PS: Incidently Marco, we always send via iRemit with cash at Barclays. It seems this may get stopped by Barclays.
Have you ever sent via iRemit using their Online facility?

If you have could you give me the run down ?

bigmarco
13th August 2013, 21:07
Sorry Terpe I've never used it although they've been promoting it recently. IDOL Iremit direct on line. https://www.myiremit-idol.com/
The thing with us is Mary Grace enjoys her monthly trip to their office in High Street Kensington because there's normally an extremely large gathering of Filipinas on a Sunday both at the IRemit office and the local church :biggrin:

fred
13th August 2013, 23:50
BPI exchange rate yesterday.. 63.60 !!

Michael Parnham
14th August 2013, 12:28
67.6 today Fred, good time to transfer!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th August 2013, 10:50
68.25 today

That's the best it's been since May 2012

Now the question is, does this reflect an improvement in UK economy or does it reflect a Philippine Central Bank strategy of weakening the Peso ?

In the short term I guess it makes no matter. If you're thinking of sending do it soon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
16th August 2013, 11:06
Did send some money last night exchange rate is 68.20 , my mum can buy lots of rice with that cash:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
16th August 2013, 12:41
Amazingly still creeping upwards

C'mon sterling......into the breach once more......70 is within your grasp :wink:

Michael Parnham
16th August 2013, 15:24
Great stuff!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
17th August 2013, 05:18
yep its now higher than I arrived back in feb 2011 very nice happy days :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
17th August 2013, 11:36
Amazingly still creeping upwards

C'mon sterling......into the breach once more......70 is within your grasp :wink:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: 70 would be nice.
I've just ordered a visa card from IRemit that I can load over here and use when I go in November.
It should be ready next time we visit the office so I hope this continues for a while :smile:

Terpe
17th August 2013, 16:00
:xxgrinning--00xx3: 70 would be nice.
I've just ordered a visa card from IRemit that I can load over here and use when I go in November.
It should be ready next time we visit the office so I hope this continues for a while :smile:

Ah!
I shall have to look into that. Thanks for the tip sounds a nice idea. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Only top up when the rate is good :icon_lol:

I'll check their site later

Terpe
20th August 2013, 20:10
68.61 and still creeping up :Jump:
I'll move some tomorrow come what may

Terpe
21st August 2013, 15:02
68.61 and still creeping up :Jump:
I'll move some tomorrow come what may

Best rate since November 2011 :Jump:

raynaputi
21st August 2013, 15:09
Best rate since November 2011 :Jump:

:Jump:

Roll on to 100 again!!! :cwm25: :biggrin:

jake
21st August 2013, 15:31
69.99 and that will be the best you will get IMO.

tiger31
22nd August 2013, 06:41
the only way is up and up lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
22nd August 2013, 07:11
68.50 this morning, very happy with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
22nd August 2013, 08:11
my big mac meal justs gets cheaper and cheaper lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
22nd August 2013, 18:06
68.80 at the moment :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
23rd August 2013, 09:06

andy222
23rd August 2013, 09:10

bigmac
23rd August 2013, 09:19
my big mac meal justs gets cheaper and cheaper lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

??????????????? are you implying that i am cheap-???

Terpe
23rd August 2013, 09:28

Yes Andy, pretty good timing eh :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th August 2013, 16:42
69.99 and that will be the best you will get IMO.

69.34 now

Almost there, we're almost there (in the words of the song :icon_lol:)

C'mon 70
Come to Terpe..............................:hubbahubba:

jake
29th August 2013, 01:49
69.34 now

Almost there, we're almost there (in the words of the song :icon_lol:)

C'mon 70
Come to Terpe..............................:hubbahubba:

Almost but not quite there :wink:

Hypothetical question. Do you think it will continue to rise "if" it hits 70?

It must be a very difficult decision to decide when to move large amounts of money.

Terpe
29th August 2013, 09:57
Almost but not quite there :wink:

Hypothetical question. Do you think it will continue to rise "if" it hits 70?

It must be a very difficult decision to decide when to move large amounts of money.

Anything can happen IMHO

Currency markets are notoriously difficult to follow and understand simply because they are the 'playground' of National Governments and National Central Banks.
That probably says it all.

What us mere mortals would call fixing and rigging is called regulation and policy by governments and Central Bankers.

Michael Parnham
29th August 2013, 12:53
Still steady!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
29th August 2013, 15:12
69.40 at IRemit this morning :smile:

Terpe
29th August 2013, 18:24

I'm sure you know this already Marco, but iRemit certainly offers great RoE's. Their always so close to the inter-bank it never ceases to amaze me.

Terpe
29th August 2013, 18:26

Got to go back to August 2011 to that rate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
29th August 2013, 18:31
??????????????? are you implying that i am cheap-???

yeah baby :xxgrinning--00xx3: I just love my big macs over rice any day

tiger31
29th August 2013, 18:33
now is a good time to buy in india also there rupees are in freefall against the dollar

jake
30th August 2013, 05:33
What us mere mortals would call fixing and rigging is called regulation and policy by governments and Central Bankers.

Michael Parnham
30th August 2013, 08:54
A nice p69 this morning, seems to be improving slightly! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
30th August 2013, 23:15
A nice p69 this morning, seems to be improving slightly! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:yikes:

bigmarco
31st August 2013, 06:15
Actually went to IRemit yesterday to send some money and was slightly disappointed when they had the exchange up at 69.15 which was a slight drop on the previous day.
I'm beginning to think Jake might be right. We're not quite going to reach 70 :mad:

Terpe
31st August 2013, 08:11
Actually went to IRemit yesterday to send some money and was slightly disappointed when they had the exchange up at 69.15 which was a slight drop on the previous day.
I'm beginning to think Jake might be right. We're not quite going to reach 70 :mad:

Don't give up just yet :icon_lol:

USA have another 'Fiscal Cliff' coming.
Perhaps military intervention in Syria.
Oil prices unstable.
Many 'service industry' fuelled economies look fragile and could find investors looking to hide.

Still might come...........
Like you, I feel the pendulum may be on it's backward swing but you just never know.

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 18:28
Luckily I got 69.10 this afternoon.
I see it's going down already with a current 68.80

Anyone consider a transfer had better get a wiggle on :wink:

lovejoy
2nd September 2013, 19:10
I've got 67.60 only for me... :Erm:

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 19:15
I've got 67.60 only for me... :Erm:

Who with ?

lovejoy
2nd September 2013, 20:07
Money gram...

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 20:25
Money gram...

What are their charges ?
Just curious.

lovejoy
2nd September 2013, 20:59
£9.90

Terpe
2nd September 2013, 21:37
£9.90

I'm not suggesting that iRemit are the best, but I always use them for a couple of reasons. It's (so far) been quick, easy and secure.
Their RoE is always pretty darn close to the interbank rate (this afternoon I got 69.10 on a downward slope)
Their charges (if I recall correctly are £6 for up to I think £700) It's cheaper online etc

Even if you don't feel like changing justr give it some thought.
They also do a 'load it up' pre-paid visa card. When the rate is good add a few quid at that rate and it's already it Peso for your use (or your mahal)
Again, maybe give some thought.

Like I said, I don't claim they're the tops but they're pretty good.

Food for thought :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovejoy
2nd September 2013, 22:00
I'm not suggesting that iRemit are the best, but I always use them for a couple of reasons. It's (so far) been quick, easy and secure.
Their RoE is always pretty darn close to the interbank rate (this afternoon I got 69.10 on a downward slope)
Their charges (if I recall correctly are £6 for up to I think £700) It's cheaper online etc

Even if you don't feel like changing justr give it some thought.
They also do a 'load it up' pre-paid visa card. When the rate is good add a few quid at that rate and it's already it Peso for your use (or your mahal)
Again, maybe give some thought.

Like I said, I don't claim they're the tops but they're pretty good.

Food for thought :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Sir Terpe I will check it out... :smile:

sars_notd_virus
3rd September 2013, 10:00
69.30 today with BPI:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
3rd September 2013, 13:44
Don't give up just yet :icon_lol:

USA have another 'Fiscal Cliff' coming.
Perhaps military intervention in Syria.
Oil prices unstable.
Many 'service industry' fuelled economies look fragile and could find investors looking to hide.

Still might come...........
Like you, I feel the pendulum may be on it's backward swing but you just never know.

HaHa it's turned again 69.30 at Iremit today :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Pay day Wednesday I'll have to make a trip to Iremit and put some on my Pre Paid visa :smile:

Michael Parnham
4th September 2013, 17:19
Still above p69!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
4th September 2013, 19:00
PNB europe today got 69.1500 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
7th September 2013, 11:04
Still a good time to transfer, steady at 69.15!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th September 2013, 11:19
69.30 at iRemit this morning

Michael Parnham
15th September 2013, 09:03
Peso still above p69 !:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
15th September 2013, 11:56
.Yes Michael 69.35 at Iremit this morning. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It doesn't seem to want to quite make it to 70

Terpe
16th September 2013, 07:59
Just checked at 69.75 .................very close now.........c'mon sterling :Jump:

jake
16th September 2013, 08:55
It doesn't seem to want to quite make it to 70

3 weeks at 69 :Erm:

I thought my prediction would have been wrong by now.

Terpe
16th September 2013, 08:59
I think we have to go way back to August 2011 for the last time at 70

Michael Parnham
17th September 2013, 09:52
p69.4 today!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
22nd September 2013, 08:15
68.93 today :(

Michael Parnham
24th September 2013, 12:28
69.35 today, remaining steady!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
24th September 2013, 14:44
3 weeks at 69 :Erm:

I thought my prediction would have been wrong by now.

It was :icon_lol:

Take a look here (http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=PHP) and scroll the chart back to midnight on Sept 18/19

chino
24th September 2013, 17:08
It did break 70php just - http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GBPPHP=X&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Anyway, I am sure it will go above 70php, but how long to get it back to 90php to the pound... that is the question!

andy222
24th September 2013, 19:51
No wonder the taxi drivers over there were saying a british tenner will do.:icon_lol:

SimonH
27th September 2013, 12:56
69.84 as of today :smile:

jake
27th September 2013, 14:39
It did break 70php just - http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GBPPHP=X&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Anyway, I am sure it will go above 70php, but how long to get it back to 90php to the pound... that is the question!

Have had a look at the chart and cant see it at 70 :Erm: Close though!

Do you think it will go back to 90 to the pound in the near future?

Terpe
27th September 2013, 14:55
Have had a look at the chart and cant see it at 70 :Erm: Close though!

Do you think it will go back to 90 to the pound in the near future?

Have a look at the chart I mentioned here......it's over 70 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

It was :icon_lol:

Take a look here (http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=PHP) and scroll the chart back to midnight on Sept 18/19

Can't see it getting anywhere near 90 as global factors are right now........but.......it's a volatile world and anything can happen.
Don't forget USA still facing 'Fiscal Cliff'2 this October.
China in a mess and holding plenty of USA debt
Japan de-scaling it's economy

I don't see much predictablity.....except the rich get richer :biggrin:

chino
28th September 2013, 10:24
GBP/PHP (GBPPHP=X) -CCY
70.0081 Up 0.6277(0.9000%) Sep 27

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GBPPHP=X&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

w00t

Terpe
28th September 2013, 14:01
http://filipinaroses.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8481&d=1380373620

SimonH
28th September 2013, 14:10
:Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump: let's hope it continues heading north :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
30th September 2013, 09:39
OMG:yikes:....69.75 today..happy days!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
30th September 2013, 09:59
Just Checked with PNB, HIT p70 today at last:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
30th September 2013, 14:43
Yep its made it 70.25 with IRemit which is up from 69.60 at the weekend. :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

SimonH
30th September 2013, 19:44
Closed at 70.45 today:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
1st October 2013, 08:45
Still 70+ today!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
1st October 2013, 09:19
OMG this is good news..go up to 100 pls.

jonnijon
1st October 2013, 13:38
One of my thieving pension companys only paying 60 to the £. Plus just waited 6 weeks for a UK cheque to clear and that only payed 60. Fed up with these crooked bankers. :xxaction-smiley-047

chino
1st October 2013, 22:00
can you not get it paid into a N&P account and just take the cash out at the market rate?

tiger31
2nd October 2013, 04:44
70.67 just how much higher is our poundarosa gonna go :smile: every day when I eat ma big mac I just keep smiling coz its getting cheaper every day hahahaha

Michael Parnham
2nd October 2013, 20:59
p70.2 today, remaining steady!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
2nd October 2013, 21:38
Woww 70.25 with bpi:Jump::Jump:

chino
4th October 2013, 15:29
sadly it's dropped as the usd has dropped :(

sars_notd_virus
4th October 2013, 16:37
sadly it's dropped (

yup , gone down to 69.30 today :thumbsdown:

Michael Parnham
10th October 2013, 19:56
What a shame, p68.70 today!:cwm25:

Terpe
10th October 2013, 20:51
I can report 68.90

andy222
10th October 2013, 22:28
I can report 68.90
:doh

Terpe
6th November 2013, 19:57
69.59 today.
Still holding...... best spell for quite a time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th November 2013, 11:35
This morning 70.58 and rising :wink:

You'd have to go back to May/June 2011 to see that.

andy222
20th November 2013, 12:25
very good.:doh. Another pair of pants for the Mrs.:icon_lol:

fred
20th November 2013, 15:02
This morning 70.58 and rising :wink:

You'd have to go back to May/June 2011 to see that.

Pretty sure this is because of the Typhoon.. Cannot think of any other factor.. Its all good in the end as it encourages OFW`s etc to send more..
IMO.

SimonH
20th November 2013, 15:13
Been hovering around the 70 mark since the beginning of October, but as Fred says the higher the exchange rate the more those in need receive :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
21st November 2013, 20:09
70.67 and rising :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good timing for my dear wife who will send even money more tomorrow..............lucky for her I'm not in the least money oriented as long as I have a glass of something in my hand

:Beer:

sars_notd_virus
22nd November 2013, 13:27
70.67 and rising :xxgrinning--00xx3:

booming 71.00 as of today:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiger31
22nd November 2013, 13:50
your plot of land in bohol will be even cheaper to buy now steve best get going buddy

jake
22nd November 2013, 14:24
Pretty sure this is because of the Typhoon.. Cannot think of any other factor.. Its all good in the end as it encourages OFW`s etc to send more..
IMO.

Short term that may be the case. The problem is the government has debts to pay and these will become higher if the peso is weak. Less money will then be spent on infrastructure and social projects which as you know are badly needed.

sars_notd_virus
17th December 2013, 15:29
Stunning 72.15 today !! :Jump::Jump:

Michael Parnham
17th December 2013, 20:19
Stunning 72.15 today !! :Jump::Jump:

Yes certainly holding it's own!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
20th December 2013, 21:59
p72.80 now!:xxgrinning--00xx3: