PDA

View Full Version : Take Cover

Mich
27th August 2007, 03:49
Bouncing back from disappointment, loss, or an irritating situation can take time. When you’re hurting, the thing you need to do is nurse your wounds for a little while, regroup, then go back out and face the world.

Wouldn’t it be nice if that saying we learned as children were true in our lives today – “I’m rubber; you’re glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you”? What a relief it would be if angry words, dirty looks, and cruel actions had no power to hurt us.

Many of us have frying pans coated with Teflon because food doesn’t stick to it. The scientists at Dow Chemical have come up with that might be called the next generation of Teflon: a fluorocarbon formula that can be sprayed of brushed onto a surface. It’s been suggested it might be used to repel graffiti on subway walls, barnacles on ships, dirt on wallpaper, or ice on aircraft. This substance is actually an adhesive and an abhesive. Its “base” sticks to whatever it is applied to, but its “surface” repels moisture.

We have to come into contact with a lot of negatives throughout our lives, but we don’t have to absorb them or let them become part of us.

“Kind words don’t wear out the tongue” – Danish Proverb

KeithD
27th August 2007, 08:46
“Kind words don’t wear out the tongue” – Danish Proverb

I think that means something else in the UK!!! :NoNo:

Mich
27th August 2007, 08:51
translate...

KeithD
27th August 2007, 08:54
:yikes: You're a Christian.....I'd be thrown to the lions for translating :bigcry:

Mich
27th August 2007, 08:56
LOL

just translate it...

KeithD
27th August 2007, 09:02
"...don’t wear out the tongue" .....

Clue:
"Lick me where I pee"....said his girlfriend.......so the guy stuck his head down the toilet..... :NoNo:

Mich
27th August 2007, 09:04
:peepwall:

gracia143
28th August 2007, 09:37
"...don’t wear out the tongue" .....

Clue:
"Lick me where I pee"....said his girlfriend.......so the guy stuck his head down the toilet..... :NoNo:

That's eeevil!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: