PDA

View Full Version : Balikbayan Box!

-sillybilly-
24th February 2013, 00:36
Well well well... Yes I ordered a large size of Balikbayan Box to be filled up and send home for as cheap as £110 pounds that takes 6 to 8 weeks.

We were looking for some cheap flights home and unfortunately could not find any cheaper below £600.

I was thinking..since the box is going to be shipped..if I make a little holes in the box for ventilations and try to get in there and put enough food and drinks for me....I could save myself a lot of money paying for airfare!:crazy:

And I will get to Philippines with a lot of pocket money. :biggrin:

grahamw48
24th February 2013, 00:48
I think you need the 'Smuggle yourself into the UK' asylum seekers' forum if you need some tips...or try emailing them at easychannelcrossing@calaisshantytown.com. :smile:

Steve.r
24th February 2013, 02:44
I hope you have a big diaper to wear :icon_lol:

imagine
24th February 2013, 05:16
I hope you have a big diaper to wear :icon_lol:

and easy on the drinks:biggrin:

-sillybilly-
24th February 2013, 15:05
Will i get there in the end though? :crazy:

bigtilly
25th February 2013, 18:16
I was quoted 6-8 weeks too by Philbox. We are now 12 weeks on and still no delivery.

I don't mind them taking 12 or however many weeks to Mindanao but, I don't like when people lie to me. A golden rule if you want repeat business: DON'T lie to your customers. If you're not sure, say so.:NoNo:

They have lost my business as I just took delivery of boxes from another company.

Bill

Terpe
25th February 2013, 18:57
There are more Balikbayan Box 'agents' than you can shake a stick at.
There's also a lot that suddenly go out of business, then there are those that just fail.

I've used a few but I always use the bigger organisations that have years of experience behind them and that control their shipments careful due to the volume of cargo they handle.
Most of the best organisations will give you a date for shipment and a date for arrival in Philippines.

I used LBC last time just before Christmas. They gave me a shipment departure date and stated arrival within 40 or 45 days to Mindanao. It worked well and everyone got their pressies for Xmas:xxgrinning--00xx3: