PDA

View Full Version : Surname in NI Number

Rhose
21st February 2013, 12:48
hello everyone!! last time I ask asked an advice what surname I'm going to use in every form that I'm going to fill up...This what I've done I used my husband surname because I'm a Mrs now though in my passport I'm using my maiden name. I used it in registering on my GP and my dentist.
Now I'm going to apply for my NI Number because it's a requirement to find a job.. I'm confused because the form I received to fill up is about the surname that appears on visa and passport...What I'm going to put? They interviewed on phone and gave them my surname as married.

marlyn&kenny
21st February 2013, 12:59
hi, if it says use the surname that appears on visa and passport. then follow what it says or if still not sure try ring them and verify it to them. hold on there lots of member here might be able to help too. regards:Hellooo:

raynaputi
21st February 2013, 13:03
When I called for an appointment to get NI, I asked if I can use my married name and they told me it's okay as long as I show my marriage certificate when I go for the interview. Anyway, my passport and BRP would have to be replaced anyway when my passport expires. My NHS card and bills on my name also shows my married name too.