PDA

View Full Version : the london underground

stevewool
18th February 2013, 20:26
how do i get from sydenham to earls court on the tube,or kensington, have to be there for around ten so which way and what tube

bigmarco
18th February 2013, 20:32
Hi Steve no tube in the Sydenham area so will need to use the Train into central and then connect with the tube. You can plan your journey with the TFL journey planner have a look.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

stevewool
18th February 2013, 21:00
well done there was only one person i knew could help me and yes it is you too:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
18th February 2013, 23:27
Just an aside - there's some nice stamps been issued, I bought the presentation pack last week

http://shop.royalmail.com/content/ebiz/royalmail/invt/sku20000004/AS842large.jpg

Bluebirdjones
18th February 2013, 23:39
Steve, there are two (overland) train stations in Sydenham.

Lower Sydenham
direct train through to Charing Cross, then a 30 second walk to Embankment tube station.
Then a District line tube to Earl's Court

Sydenham Hill
direct train through to Victoria, then District Line tube to Earl's Court

stevewool
19th February 2013, 07:44
i am confused now, all i know is i have to be near kesington olympia for 10 am and i hate having to be somewhere i dont know how to get, we was stopping at the hilton edgware road so we could walk it or straight on the circle route, but Ems has another idea, well lets wait and see what happens

stevewool
19th February 2013, 07:45
but thanks guy for your help, and Dedworth nice looking stamps too:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
19th February 2013, 08:25
Steve,

As a rule-of-thumb, whereas North & Central London is covered by the tube network, South London is covered by the overland.
Stations are plentiful, and all lines run into one of the southern London terminals (Victoria, Waterloo, Charing Cross, Blackfriars, London Bridge etc).

It's all pretty painless, and the one-day travelcard will cover all your transport options.

I'm assuming you're thinking of a hotel/B&B in the Sydenham area, so I'd suggest you have a look on a map and see what's the nearest station .... it might not be either of the stations I've already mentioned.
But it should take no more than 15-20 mins to get into central London