PDA

View Full Version : a post for the ladies

stevewool
16th February 2013, 13:14
well if you are here with your partners or here alone how has these fair shores been to you
Is it all its meant to be being here, or has it turned out not what you thought it would be, i am sure there are many back in the phils who are wanting to come but is it worth it, the expense, the difference in people and how we all seem to work very very hard and have no time to be together,
Would many of you rather be back in the phils or is this the place you call home from now, be interesting to what you think of the great in Great britain

Michael Parnham
16th February 2013, 13:27
This could be very interesting:Erm:

raynaputi
16th February 2013, 14:23
Well, I think I'm one of the Filipinas that isn't fond of or a fan of the UK (if there are). I would rather be back home in the Philippines. But Keith can't live in the Philippines. And I want to be with Keith. So here I am in the UK. I'd be happier if we're in the Philippines but Keith is my life now, and where he is is where I'm gonna be. As long as we're together, that's worth it. I think I can adjust more being here than Keith being in the Philippines as I'm healthier than him..hahaha :icon_lol:

joebloggs
16th February 2013, 14:56
well me misses has been here in the uk for nearly 8yrs now, i asked her again about going living in the phils the other day , she said no, why, her home here is now.

obliviously she misses her family, but her career, kids schooling are here in the uk, also she likes the weather here :icon_lol:

Bikramyogi
16th February 2013, 19:32
well im here and single and i like UK but there's no place like home. :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

mickmyrna
16th February 2013, 20:17
Me , i come here because my husband lives and works here and it's so hard for me to live alone in the PI without my husband by myside ! When my husband retires we go back to Philippines to live ... as of now i am still looking for a job so that i can help my husband to pay ILR ! U.K is nice to live but all is expensive here bills left and right ....:cwm25: I feel so sorry to my husband but we need to be brave , we need to be strong ... i know that when we go back home we can rest a bit because my mum give me a share where we can build a house , not so bad isn't it? Myrna

Terpe
16th February 2013, 21:03
It's a good thread topic Steve, and hopefully we'll see plenty of comments.

Am I allowed to make an observation please?

When I arrived with my wife into UK I did not see it as returning home.
In my mind my home was Yokohama in Japan. Our time in UK was just to take care of my mum and dad whose health was poor and whose care was (in my view) poor.
Neither of us ever felt 'at home' here. We never felt that we belonged and we found it difficult to find friends.

Life here can be extremely stressful simply because it's just too difficult to find satisfying diversions.
The weather is always against us and just so unpredictable, we need to work those extra hours/days to get by, whatever you do for relaxation, outings, place to go/visit etc always cost too much. Friends are difficult to find and maintain bondings.

Yes, a very negative response to UK.
We've lost our opportunity to live in Japan.
But, we still have a chance to live in Philippines. Now, there we feel able to plan diversions without the unpredictable of weather, we have friends, we have family, we can visit the beach/ocean , we can find outlets that don't cost loads of money. We believe we can live happy stress free lives below the radar and enjoy a simple life. We believe we can be close to a natural life.

Whoops, there I go dreaming again. C'mon Carina lets go HOME soon. :icon_rolleyes:

purple
16th February 2013, 22:59
In my point of view, I like to be back home where family and friends are. Specially my children, I miss them badly.
There are things that are good in the UK. Clean air, NHS, topcashback, quidco, good competition of Internet and phone, fast Internet connection, pavement that you can actually walk on without barbeque stalls or shop stalls, green parks, hills, anonymity, cultural diversity, freedom of speech and freedom of expression.
Though it is stressful at times, but with careful planning with finances and just keeping tabs on the needs and wants it can be great here... of course.. there's the annoying weather. It really puts me off from doing what I want.

When you go around to the same groups.. I go to zumba class, join leisure center, go to family sure start clinic or library or coffee shops then you get to know people who are regulars there and can make friends. But again its not the same back in Philippines where you can relax and not worry the future. I like the "Bahala na"... makes you live the today.

I know it is expensive here.. but you can save if you make your own sandwich, bring your own flask of coffee or tea with a splash of Irish cream or amaretto in it.

To be honest, when I got here 2 years ago. I looked at the flights a week after I got here... but now. Going home on April after 6 months of visiting Philippines worries me a bit because I am getting used to the cold weather here. Though I prefer to stay by the beach this time so I can easily have a dip in the sea when it gets too hot.

Well, just sharing my experience.

Let's be positive everyone. Enjoy the day and let tomorrow worry itself as per my Mama's advice. We have today to live, let tomorrow be a surprise :)

Bikramyogi
16th February 2013, 23:46
and oh i forgot to mention, there aren't enough Bikram Yoga studios here..so i miss home because my studio is just within my reach :bigcry:

joebloggs
17th February 2013, 00:03
Let's be positive everyone. Enjoy the day and let tomorrow worry itself as per my Mama's advice. We have today to live, let tomorrow be a surprise :)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present."

lovejoy
17th February 2013, 00:05
For me I prefer to be here rather than living in PI. I live here like 32 months now and I still enjoying. Got no pressure being here no friends, neighbour or relatives texting you to borrow money. :yikes: and I love the weather here compare to PI it's too hot for me. :doh no taxi driver ripped me off. :biggrin: but of course I still love Filipino food but I can cook most of what I want. The most thing that I've learned in this country is to look after your money and now I'm turning into a KURIPOT. :grosyeux:

purple
17th February 2013, 00:11
That's very true lovejoy. This country makes you learn a lot.
I have stopped complaining in this country because there can be a lot of places which are in worse. At least this is not Syria or some countries in Africa.

Instead I try to praise and acknowledge the good things about UK. Still I can't get over about the unpredictable weather as I like outdoors a lot. Well, as long as I got the right clothes.. not getting cold and wet is all important to me. Of course with flask of hot drink.. cheers!

Moy
17th February 2013, 00:21
ill be happy with only a mud hut to live:wink: and a nice clear sun everyday :wink:

Arthur Little
17th February 2013, 00:37
The most thing that I've learned in this country is to look after your money and now I'm turning into a KURIPOT. :grosyeux:

That's true ... foodstuffs, particularly, tend to be ridiculously overpriced here in the UK, so it really IS necessary to look after your money and spend it wisely; unless you're one of those rich people, :Rasp: fortunate enough to earn more than £18,600 p.a., you've every reason to be kuripot.

joebloggs
17th February 2013, 00:50
ill be happy with only a mud hut to live:wink: and a nice clear sun everyday :wink:

your easy to please :biggrin:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3198/3401540305_ee606559b9.jpg

stevewool
17th February 2013, 08:11
It's a good thread topic Steve, and hopefully we'll see plenty of comments.

Am I allowed to make an observation please?

When I arrived with my wife into UK I did not see it as returning home.
In my mind my home was Yokohama in Japan. Our time in UK was just to take care of my mum and dad whose health was poor and whose care was (in my view) poor.
Neither of us ever felt 'at home' here. We never felt that we belonged and we found it difficult to find friends.

Life here can be extremely stressful simply because it's just too difficult to find satisfying diversions.
The weather is always against us and just so unpredictable, we need to work those extra hours/days to get by, whatever you do for relaxation, outings, place to go/visit etc always cost too much. Friends are difficult to find and maintain bondings.

Yes, a very negative response to UK.
We've lost our opportunity to live in Japan.
But, we still have a chance to live in Philippines. Now, there we feel able to plan diversions without the unpredictable of weather, we have friends, we have family, we can visit the beach/ocean , we can find outlets that don't cost loads of money. We believe we can live happy stress free lives below the radar and enjoy a simple life. We believe we can be close to a natural life.

Whoops, there I go dreaming again. C'mon Carina lets go HOME soon. :icon_rolleyes:
Well Peter you got me all a motion then, make sure you book me two tickets as soon as you do, i am coming too:smile:

stevewool
17th February 2013, 08:15

whos kiddies toys are these :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevewool
17th February 2013, 08:17
That's true ... foodstuffs, particularly, tend to be ridiculously overpriced here in the UK, so it really IS necessary to look after your money and spend it wisely; unless you're one of those rich people, :Rasp: fortunate enough to earn more than £18,600 p.a., you've every reason to be kuripot.

i am very fortunate to be one of the lucky ones, but i still shop very wisely and always count my pennies too, thats one thing that will never change

Arthur Little
17th February 2013, 09:35
i am very fortunate to be one of the lucky ones, but i still shop very wisely and always count my pennies too, thats one thing that will never change

Quite right, ... take care of the pennies, :cwm12::cwm12: and the pounds will look after themselves. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th February 2013, 10:01
Wherever you live you have to be careful with money also you should always think of the future. By the way, I now know what kuripot means, because I'd never heard of it before using this forum thankyou!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th February 2013, 10:27
neither did i know what it meant but everyone calls me it now, that cant be a bad thing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th February 2013, 11:54

:xxgrinning--00xx3: (with broadband) :icon_lol:

lovejoy
17th February 2013, 13:46
Wherever you live you have to be careful with money also you should always think of the future. By the way, I now know what kuripot means, because I'd never heard of it before using this forum thankyou!:xxgrinning--00xx3:
KURIPOT is the first Filipino word that my husband learn when we live in PI. For me UK is my HOME since I arrived here I feel more happier without any preassure even if I only earn PEANUTS in this country but still I can help my family back home and that's what they call "Every little Help" PI is my holiday destination only. :-)

sars_notd_virus
17th February 2013, 18:22
be interesting to what you think of the great in Great britain

It is what it is, If we had a choice to be anywhere in the world I doubt there would be many to put this at the top of their list, But my husband is here so here is where I am, It's not the ultimate place on the planet but it's a means to an end.

joebloggs
17th February 2013, 19:33
It is what it is, If we had a choice to be anywhere in the world I doubt there would be many to put this at the top of their list, But my husband is here so here is where I am, It's not the ultimate place on the planet but it's a means to an end.

if its not so great here, why do many people risk their lives to sneak in :Erm: why not stay in France or some other European country :Erm:

raynaputi
17th February 2013, 19:38
if its not so great here, why do many people risk their lives to sneak in :Erm: why not stay in France or some other European country :Erm:

It's because it's easy money for them as they can get away with it as UK is soft when it comes to illegals! :icon_lol:

Moy
17th February 2013, 19:40

well i am Joe..as long as you got a million pounds on your bank account before we do that:biggrin::action-smiley-081: