PDA

View Full Version : about red ribbon of documents in DFA

maria79
13th February 2013, 03:16
Hi there... Im Maria from the Philippines and right now im still processing my spouse visa for me to be with my husband in Poole, Dorset.We got married last nov 10 here in Manila and I'm a bit confused if i need to have a red ribbon of my NSO marriage contract and school documents like transcripts and diplomas when i get employment there in the UK?Please enlighten me.Thanks and more power.:smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th February 2013, 15:54
This question has been raised a number of times and as I recall the concensus has been that you won't need your documents to have red ribbon.
No offence intended, but do be prepared to find that your diploma's may not be accepted in UK at the same level of qualification as in Philippines.

MissAna
13th February 2013, 16:35
i've asked the same question before for my fiancee visa,there's no need to put a red ribbon for your papers. good luck :smile:

maria79
14th February 2013, 03:15
thanks terpe and MissAna for ur replies. Yup terpe i think i need to find out if the diplomas and transcripts i have here will be credited.I just worry about finding a job when i get there coz i want to help my husband financially when i get there. Any suggestion/s which i can have if my level qualification is a bit far from the profession i have now. Im a mathematics teacher here in the Philippines by profession, but I'm not sure if il have the same job placement there in the Uk once im there? Thanks for the help.