PDA

View Full Version : texting while driving

stevewool
12th February 2013, 21:59
DONT DO IT,
one of our old drivers is being sentence in april for the death of a young lady
He was texting while he was driving his 34 tonnes lorry and he ran over her while she was crossing a pedestrian crossing, while she was being comforted by passing people he tried to delete his messages, what a scum, i hope he gets many many years

Dedworth
12th February 2013, 22:01
Should be charged and convicted for murder

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 22:02
All should be banned IMO...and those talking on the phone....PERMANENTLY. :mad:

The law has been clear for long enough, and handsfree equipment readily available.

I hate other people playing with my life because of their arrogance, selfishness and stupidity. :cwm23:

stevewool
12th February 2013, 22:08
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275533/Hope-Fennell-death-TEXTING-lorry-driver-Darren-Foster-plea
ds-guilty-dangerous-driving.html
here is the news paper report, he was warned many many times while he worked for us, but it seemed he never listerned

Ako Si Jamie
12th February 2013, 23:29
Texting while driving is just ludicrous. I don't know how people do it.

Hope the idiot gets a long stretch.

Terpe
13th February 2013, 00:30
Texting while driving is just ludicrous. I don't know how people do it.

Hope the idiot gets a long stretch.

I agree. I see all the time.
I told a guy one time who nearly knocked someone over and he got real mad.
I got out of my car to approach him and he sped off. My wife got real mad at me for that and never spoke to me all day.
(no comment on that)

But honestly everyone knows it's stupid.
Deserves to be jailed for life IMO

imagine
13th February 2013, 00:33
should be a jail sentence if caught , and a life ban, then lets see if thats a deterrent

RickyR
13th February 2013, 12:09
A vehicle, whether a Renault Clio or articulated truck is a lethal weapon. Driving drunk, fatigued, too fast, dangerously and whilst distracted all result in many unnecessary deaths of innocent and unsuspecting people.

Michael Parnham
13th February 2013, 20:15
Loads of people in Philippines text whilst driving motor bike's, what should be done about it, an international punishment of some sort?:Erm: