PDA

View Full Version : insulating your home

stevewool
12th February 2013, 20:24
any news on grants about insulating your walls yet MEMBER:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
12th February 2013, 21:54
It's getting harder now to find companies who are still doing it free for people NOT on benefits or over 70, but do a google search insulation grants in your area, because some do still have funding. Most have freephone numbers.

If you have narrow cavities (30-45mm) or solid walls, you may well get those done free now. Again, contact an insulation contractor and ask them to do a survey, which will be free of charge.

The government-backed 'Green Deal' scheme has now started, and that also covers other things like Photovoltaic solar panels, replacement boilers etc, but it's up to you to decide whether they're likely to be worth it or not...especially if you're not going to be in that house after a few years. :smile:

I'm just doing my 'Green Deal Assessor' course at the moment.

stevewool
12th February 2013, 21:55
thanks Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
14th February 2013, 23:38
i refused twice free insulation last year...hopefully they would offer again then i will say yes :)

Michael Parnham
14th February 2013, 23:44
Free insulation is still available for over 50's, just check free insulation websites. Home front used to do it but I think they are under another name now!:Erm:

stevewool
15th February 2013, 07:40
i refused twice free insulation last year...hopefully they would offer again then i will say yes :)

its still there on offer Grace, just a quick hone call away, i shall get you there phone number today

malditako
16th February 2013, 11:18
its still there on offer Grace, just a quick hone call away, i shall get you there phone number today

brilliant! thanks steve