PDA

View Full Version : 59 Day Visa for Philippines

dwhittall
22nd October 2005, 06:05
As a British Passport holder, one can obtain a 21 day stay on arrival in the Philippines without having to obtain a Visa before hand.

One may then obtain an extension of 38 Days at the nearest Bureau of Immigration, and if necessary a 59 Day extension repeatedly after that.

With the 9/11 attack however, Airlines have got a lot stricter on Tickets and wont let you fly if you dont have a Return flight ticket.

I found this out with a trip back from Hong Kong. I was using the return of a previous CEB-HKG-CEB ticket to fly backCebu. I was married to a Filipina and living in Cebu but they still insisted on me buying a single return ticket CEB-HKG, which I purchased on Credit Card and cancelled after I arrived in Cebu.

My son Paul is flying from LHR to Cebu on Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong and his ticket is valid for 3 months.

My question is will Paul be best advised to secure a 59 Day Visa from the Philippine Embassy in London before he travels on 26th November?

If he did not obtain a Visa beforehand, is Cathay Pacific likely to give him any problems at check-in since he does not hold a 59 day Visa?

The Philippine Embassy recommended he obtain one - cost 22 pounds and two trips to London (one to submit application, and the other 2 or 3 days later to collect Passport with Visa)!

Any list members had rescent experience of this?

Cheers

David Whittall

Eljohno
22nd October 2005, 10:45
Hi David,
i was in Philippines in April and was only meant to stay 2 weeks but i decided to stay for 7 and just got a visa over there which was very easy.There is no need to get one here as it is not a requirement.By the way your son is heading out on the 26th Nov which is the day i am getting married in Philippines.

Bye,
John

Admin
23rd October 2005, 09:09
:o Don't marry one of those bush women....they will get bored of you, cut you up when you sleep, and eat you..........Oh, hang on.....that's what the PI embassy tells them that is what WE will do to them :lol:

Pauldo
26th October 2005, 08:52
Originally posted by dwhittall@Oct 22 2005, 06:05 AM

The Philippine Embassy recommended he obtain one - cost 22 pounds and two trips to London (one to submit application, and the other 2 or 3 days later to collect Passport with Visa)!

Any list members had rescent experience of this?

Cheers

David Whittall

Quoted post

Haven't been there for eighteen months, but I thought the only restriction on flying to the PI was the Philippines legal requirement that you are supposed to have an onward ticket when you fly in? That is probably more the reason the airline give you grief over it.

Depending on where you are going to stay when you are there, you might find it is a pain the the a$$ the get the visa waiver. I know it is dead simple, a mere formality, in some places, but with the usual dexterity of the country they can turn it into a frustrating pain in the neck if they so choose. All depends on the office you try to do it at.

Philip
4th February 2006, 20:05
In the UK you can apply by post.