PDA

View Full Version : travel to Davao

Leo
10th February 2013, 19:49
hello to you all just would like to ask for some advice I am thinking about going to davao to see a friend i have made is it a safe place to travel to and any hotels with a good rate please thanks

Ako Si Jamie
10th February 2013, 19:55
Type 'Davao' into Agoda and the dates you want to stay and it brings up a list of hotels.

http://www.agoda.co.uk/

melovesengland
10th February 2013, 20:45
It really depends on your budget. There are hotels in Davao that are cheap and near the downtown already means its very accessible Like Jamie up there said, go to agoda and type in Davao. It'll show you more choices. Best hotel weve been was Marco Polo for P5000.00 per night includes breakfast. Cheapest one weve been was in My Hotel for P900 per night, t'was alright but aircon was noisy. hehehehe

Moy
10th February 2013, 22:06
BS inn 450 pesos A NIGHT..that was 6 years ago though

jonnijon
10th February 2013, 22:59
Davao is a very safe city.

Ako Si Jamie
10th February 2013, 23:03
Safest in the Phils I think. And the biggest city in terms of area.

Terpe
11th February 2013, 09:47
Casa Leticia is a very nice hotel right opposite The Peoples Park.

If you want safe but cheap try Sampaguita Inn (just around the corner from Casa Leticia).
Room with aircon P420

melovesengland
11th February 2013, 09:52
Casa Leticia is a very nice hotel right opposite The Peoples Park.

If you want safe but cheap try Sampaguita Inn (just around the corner from Casa Leticia).
Room with aircon P420

been to casa leticia as well sir terpe and it was nice there. the presidential room was quite good, spacious and the location is very accesible.

grahamw48
11th February 2013, 11:24
P420 a night ?

That sounds llike my kind of hotel. :biggrin:

Terpe
11th February 2013, 12:49
P420 a night ?

That sounds llike my kind of hotel. :biggrin:

When you check in you have to give P500 cash deposit in return for a towel :icon_lol:

It's actually not bad for single person.
If you're not bothered about air-con and hot shower they have rooms for less than P300

grahamw48
11th February 2013, 14:34
Pah! I've got my own blinkin towel, 'cold' shower is fine, and never use aircon. :biggrin:

All I require is a door with a lock on it...that works. :icon_lol:

tanga
12th February 2013, 12:33
Davao is considered safe. Perhaps the previous 6 term mayor Dutuerte's policy of cracking down on hoodlums and street kids who commit robberies has something to do with that.
Much concern was voiced by human rights groups over the alleged death squads,alleged to have been operating with impunity under his watch
He is now the vice mayor and his daughter is mayor
She packs a mean punch! OIP (only in Philippines)
Enjoy your trip just dont upset the vice mayor!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hL3cEEmATE

irishman12
12th February 2013, 18:38
isnt she pregnant at present ? mighnt be getting into any fights for a while