PDA

View Full Version : hsbc bank

stevewool
8th February 2013, 20:29
anyone got one of these, i am thinking of changing banks and as hsbc are over in the phils it may make sense to change to them, there premier account, as long as you have 50,000 in savings plus your wage going into the bank they say there is no charge in transferring money from your uk account to your phils account, any one got any thoughts on this or any other accounts

Arthur Little
8th February 2013, 20:55
:yikes: ... fifty grand!

Ako Si Jamie
8th February 2013, 20:57
What banks do and what banks say are two different things especially in the current climate. I'd look into it a bit more.

stevewool
8th February 2013, 21:01
:yikes: ... fifty grand!

yes alot aint it, and yes i have not got it too

imagine
8th February 2013, 21:02
50 grand you cant touch if you want to send cash at no charge, and how do they rate with their exchange rate, they make from your 50 grand and make from your cash sent on exchange rate, plus you have to pay your wage in, so they making from that too,
ok you can draw out your wage as you get it, but they still make from it while they have it,

i think 1grand in savings plus paying in wage ought to be enough incentive to give no charge transfers

stevewool
8th February 2013, 21:04
50 grand you cant touch if you want to send cash at no charge, and how do they rate with their exchange rate, they make from your 50 grand and make from your cash sent on exchange rate, plus you have to pay your wage in, so they making from that too,
ok you can draw out your wage as you get it, but they still make from it while they have it,

i think 1grand in savings plus paying in wage ought to be enough incentive to give no charge transfers

most banks are at it, thats why i am looking now for the best place to put my money into

andy222
8th February 2013, 21:09
Im with hsbc and no I havent got 50 grand. I was fuming when I was in the phils they blocked my card. I informed them I was going there before hand. Anyways I phoned them up. There reply was. Someone is drawing money from your account in the philippines :icon_rolleyes:. I said its me you idiots and I did inform you I was going there. I had a right go at them. Its not the first time I have had trouble with them my patience is wearing very thin now.:cwm23:

imagine
8th February 2013, 21:13
most banks are at it, thats why i am looking now for the best place to put my money into

best place is under your mattress :icon_lol:

Ako Si Jamie
8th February 2013, 21:28
I informed them I was going there before hand. Anyways I phoned them up. There reply was. Someone is drawing money from your account in the philippines :icon_rolleyes:. I said its me you idiots and I did inform you I was going there. :icon_lol:

Terpe
8th February 2013, 22:29
Despite doubters, I can tell you HSBC do a good job for you in transfer of banking to Philippines.
There are other ways to enjoy such assistance without using your hard earned cash savings.

My wife has an account with them and we've had many discussions about this. The important issues need to be firmed up at the point of transfer.
Do be aware Steve that HSBC have limited branches in Philippines. Now whether that is important to you or not is another question. It's important to us and luckily HSBC have a branch in Davao where we have family and property.
They can set you up with plenty of stuff all based on your UK banking and credit history.

Although someone here mentioned that credit cards may not be available for 12 months. Needs checking out.

Personally, for us HSBC offers a great link between UK and Phils with good benefits in both countries.

Go take a chat with them.

Not many others offering what they do.

jonnijon
8th February 2013, 23:04
HSBC Advance account requires 100,000 Peso on deposit, (about £1500) sustain this amount to avoid bank charges.www.hsbc.com.ph Also everything can be done online so you hardly ever have to visit a branch.

Dedworth
9th February 2013, 01:32
Honkers & Shankers are probably a bit better than some of the other shysters. I have a semi dormant business account with them and also a First Direct one.

imagine
9th February 2013, 01:44
at some point this is something i will need to look into

but the closest hsbc is Davao from malaybalay, a long trip to draw out cash

jonnijon
9th February 2013, 08:05
You can draw cash from BPI and many others with HSBC and no charges

Michael Parnham
9th February 2013, 11:10
Open an a/c with a Philippine bank eg: PNB or Allied and use internet banking from your UK bank and you won't have any problems with money, you can set up internet banking with the UK branches of quite a number of Philippine banks, and the transfer charges are only a fiver!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
9th February 2013, 11:20
we are at hsbc steve here in uk and in phils both pound account. Shane pays 20 pounds everytime he transfers money to my account in phils regardless of amount. ours is advance account by the way with a travel/accident insurance. HSBC's maintaining balance for savings account is 25,000 pesos unless it has been changed and a fee of 500 a month if it goes down the minimun. It also comes with a credit card :). Never had a problem with except the same wth andy's experience when shane trying to withdraw some money in phils. They blocked the card but then sorted within a few mins.