PDA

View Full Version : Biometrics letter recieved

angellegwen
8th February 2013, 10:36
I have questions guys, I recieved my biiometrics letter today.

There's an error in my month of birth (they wrote April instead of January).

Anyway, they said i need to call this no 0870 606 7766 if there's any incorrect details. And it said that the imformation should be the same as it is in my passport, now I was address as Mrs, in my letter but my family name wasn't changed yet to my married name, would it cause problem in the future? Just want to know what other members here done with their papers, especially those who have their FLR(M). Thank you in advance everyone.

Akilah Blythe
8th February 2013, 10:53
Hi angel, with regards to the error on your birth month, I would suggest you to call them before having your biometrics done. For a reason that these details will appear on your biometrics ID card. I have been addressed the same manner in my letter as Mrs but still with my current passport name though. To be honest I haven't done anything about it coz I though that's how it works which I'm not quite sure of. Because on the application they've asked for the exact name as on my passport. I reckon that's where they came up with that. Hope I've help you somehow. I'm pretty sure some of the more knowledgeable members could enlighten us more..

melovesengland
8th February 2013, 10:54
done biometrics few weeks ago in notts. if your concern about your name in the letter which is your family name and not your married name then i would think that its fine. they will still follow the name that was written on your passport and that will be the same in your brp i suppose. just give them a ring bout your birthdate and go from there.

MissAna
8th February 2013, 11:19
yeah. give them a ring about it just to make sure all your details are correct before you do your biometrics

KeithD
8th February 2013, 11:28
Yet again the UKBA get the information wrong... how many times have we seen this lately? I've lost count :NoNo:

angellegwen
8th February 2013, 11:31
done biometrics few weeks ago in notts. if your concern about your name in the letter which is your family name and not your married name then i would think that its fine. they will still follow the name that was written on your passport and that will be the same in your brp i suppose. just give them a ring bout your birthdate and go from there.

Hi melovesengland,
Were you addressed as Mrs in your biometrics request like Akilah Blythe (bdw thanks for the info. ) ? Thanks everyone.

bhem_bhem
8th February 2013, 11:54
I was addressed as Mrs in my biometrics letter.. :)

melovesengland
8th February 2013, 12:07
yes, i was adressed as a missus. no worries. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malchard888
8th February 2013, 12:41
having received the biometric residence card this week it shows in my wifes maiden name rather than our married name. I queried this and received a reply this morning stating that the permit is issued in the name on the applicants passport and will only be changed to Mrs if you apply for a new passport in your married name and of course they will charge yet another fee.

MissAna
8th February 2013, 12:48
I was addressed as Mrs in my biometrics letter.. :)

yes, i was adressed as a missus. no worries. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

oh no! :cwm24: i was addressed as Miss on my biometrics letter . because i copy my single name on my passport

angellegwen
8th February 2013, 12:57
thanks everyone, I already called them and they said i need to wait 15 working days for my new biometrics letter, so another waiting. And I asked about the Mrs thing and he said its not a problem or it would not cause a problem.

and my call last from 10:56-11:14 this morning...

malchard888
8th February 2013, 13:06
thanks everyone, I already called them and they said i need to wait 15 working days for my new biometrics letter, so another waiting. And I asked about the Mrs thing and he said its not a problem or it would not cause a problem.

18 minutes on a premium rate number which they get a kickback from, they shaft us every which way they can :cwm23:

MissAna
8th February 2013, 13:12

thank you for asking about the Mrs thing. :smile:
oh 15 days :cwm24:. why would they let you wait that long?!? they were the one who made the error.. :thumbsdown::cwm23:

angellegwen
8th February 2013, 13:42
thank you for asking about the Mrs thing. :smile:
oh 15 days :cwm24:. why would they let you wait that long?!? they were the one who made the error.. :thumbsdown::cwm23:

true...but no choice than to wait. At least now I know my papers have been processed. I wonder if it would really take 15 days or i hope not longer than that.