PDA

View Full Version : Peso/maths question

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 20:56
If for £55 I got 3100p in exchange how many peso's to the pound would it be?

Is it about 56?

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 21:06
Yes, 56.36 to £1, to be exact....a terrible rate.

I don't change any money into Pesos until at least NAIA, then only enough to get me a taxi to a money changer near my hotel or wherever I'm staying.

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 21:24
Yeah, terrible rate.

I do have just over 1000p from last time so I might not bother to get more at this side especially at that rate.

So long as I've got enough for taxi, some food and beers for Saturday night, I can go to Mall of Asia the next day.

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 21:47
Yep, that's what I do...usually keep a few hundred back from the previous trip.

Perhaps you could just stop in at a moneychangers in a safe spot on the way from the airport. Most are open 24 hours. :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 21:50
Yup. I could do that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 21:52
Where you planning on staying the first night mate ?

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 22:00
Shogun Suites in Pasay.

Terpe
6th February 2013, 22:07
Well look on the bright side.
You'll likely get a better rate in Phils
Besides which it's still affordable.
I reckon the rate will creep up a bit over the next few days. :Erm:

Be happy, don't worry. You still have an income stream :smile:

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 22:08
Ah, just a few hundred yards further up EDSA from Sogo Drive-In where I stayed last time (junction of EDSA/FB Harrision).
There was a moneychanger right at the front of Sogo on EDSA itself. :smile:

Metered taxi should be p130 to p150 from upstairs Arrivals at the airport.

As you'll know, you're also very close to the Victory Liner terminal there, and the LRT station (which I could easily walk down to). :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 22:20
Well look on the bright side.
You'll likely get a better rate in Phils
Besides which it's still affordable.
I reckon the rate will creep up a bit over the next few days. :Erm:

Be happy, don't worry. You still have an income stream :smile:I hope the rate does go up but if it doesn't, oh well. Could be worse I suppose. Beats going away to somewhere like Morecambe. :biggrin:

Ah, just a few hundred yards further up EDSA from Sogo Drive-In where I stayed last time (junction of EDSA/FB Harrision).
There was a moneychanger right at the front of Sogo on EDSA itself. :smile:

Metered taxi should be p130 to p150 from upstairs Arrivals at the airport.

As you'll know, you're also very close to the Victory Liner terminal there, and the LRT station (which I could easily walk down to). :xxgrinning--00xx3:
It's located on Zamora St just off EDSA and I remember you saying about the taxi's. But wasn't it the white ones that drop off at departures?

Rory
6th February 2013, 22:27
That is a really terrible exchange rate.

Do you need any peso before you get through the airport as the exchange rate at the airport in Manila would be a lot better than that?

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 22:32
I hope the rate does go up but if it doesn't, oh well. Could be worse I suppose. Beats going away to somewhere like Morecambe. :biggrin:

It's located on Zamora St just off EDSA and I remember you saying about the taxi's. But wasn't it the white ones that drop off at departures?

Yes of course...the ordinary ones dropping passengers off (upstairs). I always get mixed up with that. :doh

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 22:34
That is a really terrible exchange rate.

Do you need any peso before you get through the airport as the exchange rate at the airport in Manila would be a lot better than that?I've got 1000p roughly here so I'm going to make do with that, after hearing 3 different rates under 60 in the UK. Natwest had the best rate of 62 but they couldn't get any. :icon_rolleyes:

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 22:36
Yes of course...the ordinary ones dropping passengers off (upstairs). I always get mixed up with that. :dohNo problem.

I don't usually forget a tip to save bucks. :biggrin:

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 22:57
Here's a taster for you. :biggrin:

Looking out the front door of Sogo on FB Harrison....EDSA is the junction to the right:

http://s21.beta.photobucket.com/user/grahamw48/media/My%20videos/PhilswithMerlyfeb2012060.mp4.html

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 23:06
Here's a taster for you. :biggrin:

Looking out the front door of Sogo on FB Harrison....EDSA is the junction to the right:

http://s21.beta.photobucket.com/user/grahamw48/media/My%20videos/PhilswithMerlyfeb2012060.mp4.html
I swear I smelt jeepney fumes watching that vid :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 23:15
Haha.
You can never feel the heat and humidity on the vids though can you. :biggrin:

I've transferred it to youtube now.

http://youtu.be/ihgEUziTiTE

Ako Si Jamie
6th February 2013, 23:18
Depends if you're sitting next to the fire or not. :smile: