View Full Version : Shower Time

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 15:59
How long do you stay on your bathroom?

On average these are my timings
- working days: 20 minutes
- ordinary days: 45 minutes
- special occasions: 1 hour

My husband quickest time in the shower is 3 minutes, longest is 8.

grahamw48
30th January 2013, 16:53
It is not heated, and usually about 8C, so I don't stop too long. Have to get out before the uncontrollable shivering sets in. :freezin:

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 17:19
I love cold shower :Shower: and it's also good for my long hair.

Arthur Little
30th January 2013, 17:31
My husband's quickest time in the shower is 3 minutes, longest is 8.

Brr ... I'm not surprised :NoNo: ... I rarely spend much time in the :Shower: either - as I've always had a tendency to prefer a nice hot, relaxing bath.

raynaputi
30th January 2013, 17:32
I usually take a shower for at least an hour..I have always been like that even as a kid..I cannot seem to go under that time, unless I won't wash my hair..hahaha..I can have 15-30 mins shower if I won't wash my hair..:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
30th January 2013, 17:41
I've always had a tendency to prefer a nice hot, relaxing bath.

........... :yeahthat: ... although I have to be very careful not to doze off :NEW5: in the process!

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 18:04
I can have 15-30 mins shower if I won't wash my hair

:xxgrinning--00xx3: agree. Still wondering how men managed a minute or 5 shower. It's only a warm up for us :icon_lol:

lordna
30th January 2013, 18:37
Funny that!, the local water company just fitted a water meter and left an egg timer you stick on the wall to time yourself in the shower. Only 4 minutes!!! looks like my water bills will be going up.

Michael Parnham
30th January 2013, 20:23
I think 5mins is pretty average!:Erm:

raynaputi
30th January 2013, 20:50
:xxgrinning--00xx3: agree. Still wondering how men managed a minute or 5 shower. It's only a warm up for us :icon_lol:

Hahaha..true..:xxgrinning--00xx3: my brother does that..:biggrin: But hubby takes bath for an hour every day as he needs a hot bath for his arthritis...:free-love-smileys-3

joebloggs
30th January 2013, 20:55
I usually take a shower for at least an hour..I have always been like that even as a kid..I cannot seem to go under that time, unless I won't wash my hair..hahaha..I can have 15-30 mins shower if I won't wash my hair..:icon_lol:

:yikes: and i moan about my stepson being in the shower for 30mins :doh what do you do for an hour :Erm:, and the cost :cwm24:

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 21:10
what do you do for an hour :Erm:

One hour or so is normal for ladies. However, men staying longer than 5 minutes in the shower means something else:sexy_146: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

raynaputi
30th January 2013, 21:11
One hour or so is normal for ladies. However, men staying longer than 5 minutes in the shower means something else:sexy_146: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
30th January 2013, 21:16
One hour or so is normal for ladies. However, men staying longer than 5 minutes in the shower means something else:sexy_146: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

for an hour thou , 5 mins i can understand :icon_lol:

an hour, good job the misses only goes in for 5 mins :icon_sorry: can't afford the gas for an hour a shower :Help1:

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 21:30
can't afford the gas for an hour a shower :Help1:

Staying 1 hour in the shower doesn't mean that water is running the whole 60 minutes. On my case, i spend 10 minutes on body scrubbing and 15-30 minutes waiting time for my conditioner to settle on my hair. Btw, I'm not using shampoo at all so I can still save some time:biggrin:

raynaputi
30th January 2013, 21:37
Staying 1 hour in the shower doesn't mean that water is running the whole 60 minutes. On my case, i spend 10 minutes on body scrubbing and 15-30 minutes waiting time for my conditioner to settle on my hair. Btw, I'm not using shampoo at all so I can still save some time:biggrin:

Hahahaha..we do the same thing vernier :xxgrinning--00xx3:...30 mins are spent on my hair (shampoo and conditioner) and the rest is for body scrubbing, washing face and sometimes cutting nails of my fingers..hahahaha :biggrin: it takes more time if my mind wonders if i'm sulking..haha :icon_lol:

Slip
30th January 2013, 21:40
I hate baths and haven't had one since September.

But then that could be because I had my bathroom ripped out in September and had a new one fitted and did away with the bath opting for a shower instead (no room for a bath as well) I have always preferred a shower to a bath as I hate laying in my own dirty water in a bath.

To answer the question, 5 minutes for a shower and 5 to shave 2-3 times a week

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 21:43
Hahahaha..we do the same thing vernier :xxgrinning--00xx3:...30 mins are spent on my hair (shampoo and conditioner) and the rest is for body scrubbing, washing face and sometimes cutting nails of my fingers..hahahaha :biggrin: it takes more time if my mind wonders if i'm sulking..haha :icon_lol:

I therefore, conclude that women are women and men are men:icon_lol:.

Arthur Little
30th January 2013, 22:59
I hate baths and haven't had one since September.

:cwm24: ... WHAT? :omg: ... you must be honking! :readingpapers:

Slip
30th January 2013, 23:18

Keeps the mice away!

grahamw48
30th January 2013, 23:29

He has a shower Arthur. :ReadIt: :biggrin:

vernier caliper
30th January 2013, 23:31
Keeps the mice away!

Maybe you can stay with my brother-in-law and suffocate the mice in his green houses:cwm25:

Trefor
3rd February 2013, 07:18
Ahem, I would just like to point out that in 5-8 minutes I wet/lather/rinse/have a good soak in the hot water, and even sometimes shampoo. I also don't have a golden mane of beautiful hair which takes agres to wet/lather/rinse. My showers at Roses's house in the Philippines are somewhat shorter, probably something to do with no hot water :yikes:

We haven't used the bath since moving into this house last summer. Last time it was used was my Brother cleaning his motorcycle clothes! I do think baths are ideal for children so would never rip one out of a house and only just have a shower in the bathroom.

Michael Parnham
3rd February 2013, 09:07
I have a shower everyday and a bath once a week, I prefer a bath, for anyone to take longer than ten minutes having a shower and washing hair excluding cutting nails ect as that doesn't count because thats not having a shower they must be really dirty! :biggrin:

tone
3rd February 2013, 11:15
What a strange conversation but to join in the lathering fun I rarely bath and have showers all the time.
When I'm away for work I usually take the peace to have a bath.

At home it's a case of as quick as possible as I'm usually in a rush.

grahamw48
3rd February 2013, 12:37
I take a shower once a month, whether I need one or not. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
3rd February 2013, 13:37
I always get asked how come I look so youthful.
What's the secret?

Simply not washing away those natural oils from my skin :biggrin:

MissAna
3rd February 2013, 17:59
interesting to read what other people are doing inside the bathroom:icon_rolleyes:. well i dont take hours inside the shower i dont like to get wet for a long time, i only take about 20 - 30mins (not to mention the time i do my daily skincare routine, deciding what to wear,after shower haircare and doing my makeup :biggrin:) my husband takes about 3mins so whenever we plan to go out he always finish first than me so he always moans when i don't get ready as soon as he's done.

Terpe
3rd February 2013, 20:29
Japanese style is favourite for us both.
A shower and scrub followed by a relaxing but very very hot bath.

Good for body, soul and mind:xxgrinning--00xx3: