PDA

View Full Version : disheartened

stevewool
29th January 2013, 08:16
we all get this sometime or other, whether its the simple things like not being able to go somewhere, but most of the people on here are or have been in the same situation and it concerns the philipines.
How do you go about getting rid of yours,
One of my biggest problems is people who say it cant be done and try to tell you it there way, i dont know why they do either because they have failed and hate the thought of someone doing a better job then they ever could or they are telling the truth and trying to stop you from doing the same.
We all have something special to work for and it may take a while to get it, but its worth it in the end, well for me it is,i class myself as a lucky person who has many things,m a beautiful wife, a home, work, my wife works, so life is good and will only get better for us both when we can fulfill what we both have planned.
So getting disheartened,we all get it from people who dont matter and dont have any idea what i am saying

jake
29th January 2013, 08:53
Life in the Philippines can be very tough or very rewarding especially for the newcomer. Some people adapt easier than others. The people who tell you it cant be done have either not tried it or found out it wasn't for them.
If your goal is to one day live here keep going and it will happen...

Michael Parnham
29th January 2013, 10:11
I agree with what you say, I think it takes a certain type of person to be able to live in the Philippines, I'm afraid I'm not one of those. But having said that, I wish anyone planning to live in Philippines all the best for the future especially you Steve because I know exactly how much you are looking forward to your life in the Philippines. For me personally, I will always look forward to holiday there because to me it's a fantastic place for holidays. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
29th January 2013, 10:34
i aint being nega but i can say that PI is only good for short holiday. Living there aint easy, yes it has nice climate and very tropical sceneries but life aint a holiday. its very minimal to get a job that has decent wage in there. living as well can be tough if the is no money coming in in the household.

positive thoughts will be always try new things, we dont know you might find yourself comfy in future in the PI. just make the most of what youve got and enjoy every bits. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wishing u all the best. xxx

angellegwen
29th January 2013, 11:03
Hi Stevewool,

Don't take the advice of people who you think will put you down on your plans, in the end its you dreams fulfillments not theirs, they just probably give you an inputs on the negative side of your decission which you have to weigh the pros and cons.

I have aunts (3) in Germany and they got married there, they buy lands and build their houses in Siquijor Phils. They love to live there despite the electric power shortage (we always have brown-outs and black-outs) in our province but they still want to live there. I myself consider of going back and retire in Philippines when I'm on that stage :smile:. I'll just buy a generator :icon_lol: or a solar panels installed if got loads of cash:icon_lol:.

Do what makes you happy. You don't have to work in the Philippines but you can have your business there to generate money for the day to days life. It just needs planning and preparation. So goodluck in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Gwen

raynaputi
29th January 2013, 11:59
i aint being nega but i can say that PI is only good for short holiday. Living there aint easy, yes it has nice climate and very tropical sceneries but life aint a holiday. its very minimal to get a job that has decent wage in there. living as well can be tough if the is no money coming in in the household.

positive thoughts will be always try new things, we dont know you might find yourself comfy in future in the PI. just make the most of what youve got and enjoy every bits. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wishing u all the best. xxx

Weird, as I feel the opposite when I arrived here in UK..:Erm: For me, UK is only good for short holiday. I've got everything when I was in the Philippines, be with my family 24/7, i have a good job with decent wage, great friends, some luxuries in life (like travel, go to derma and salon monthly, spa, massages, etc.)..but when I came here, I can't do anything at all..hahaha.. :icon_lol: But honestly, the only reason for me to stay here in the UK is Keith.

melovesengland
29th January 2013, 12:17
Weird, as I feel the opposite when I arrived here in UK..:Erm: For me, UK is only good for short holiday. I've got everything when I was in the Philippines, be with my family 24/7, i have a good job with decent wage, great friends, some luxuries in life (like travel, go to derma and salon monthly, spa, massages, etc.)..but when I came here, I can't do anything at all..hahaha.. :icon_lol: But honestly, the only reason for me to stay here in the UK is Keith.

Yeah, weird innit? We got different circumstances maybe thats why. I was only a simple brgy worker before I got pregnannt and became a single mom so there really wasnt anything for me there except my daughter and family now. I am enjoying my life here to be honest, its not that bad in my own opinion. Love the cold weather as well. Funny innit? How people got different outlook, opinions and views in life. Magical. hahahaha

grahamw48
29th January 2013, 13:06
I just want to build my Nipa hut, sharpen my Bolo and start climbing Coconut trees. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
29th January 2013, 15:12
Hi Angel, my Maritess is asking, are you from Siquijor, if so what town? :smile:

angellegwen
29th January 2013, 15:49
Hi Michael & Marites,

yes im from Maria Siquijor, why? She knows someone from Siquijor?
Oh i see you got married a Siquijorian, where is she from in Siquijor?

imagine
29th January 2013, 20:57
don't really matter where you are , as long as your happy and with the one you love,:heartshape1::biggrin:

stevewool
29th January 2013, 20:58
england if you dont work or have any plans to work and just live of the state and dont do bugger all but claim this and claim that is a great place to be, i have no intention to work in the phils at all just enjoy waking up in the mornings and going to bed each night, in between those times i will be busy doing something, i am not looking for a little england over there just my little heaven,

Terpe
29th January 2013, 21:15
............i am not looking for a little england over there just my little heaven,

That's exactly how I see it :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Well done Steve.
That's just the thinking for a happy and contented life.

Life is another country is really not for everyone. There's plenty that'll just not make it.
I reckon you'll be just fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickmyrna
29th January 2013, 21:26
don't really matter where you are , as long as your happy and with the one you love,:heartshape1::biggrin:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Me and Myrna both agree with you!

Michael Parnham
29th January 2013, 21:41
Hi Angel, Maritess would like you to contact her on fb, Maritess Maata Parnham, if thats ok with you!

Michael Parnham
29th January 2013, 21:45
Hi Steve, I hope you are still going ahead with your insulated container plan, because it would be something I would definately consider if I was in your shoes, I really like the Idea!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

angellegwen
29th January 2013, 22:08
sorry i just noticed, of course, no worries :) i already send her a frnd request

stevewool
30th January 2013, 07:50
Hi Steve, I hope you are still going ahead with your insulated container plan, because it would be something I would definately consider if I was in your shoes, I really like the Idea!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i have so many ideas running in my head, but i still have to wait the 6 years till we can say thats it, but who knows what will happen, as long as work is here and the pay is good, ems working too, so, i will keep looking and doing my drawings/plans, and wait and see

malditako
30th January 2013, 15:23

girl your point of you would change once you get the freedom....be able to work and earn more than you earn in PI. It wont be long now....hopefully :)