PDA

View Full Version : Filipino hair care products

freyter
28th January 2013, 20:01
My wife is looking for two hair care products in wide use in the Philippines that we're not sure where to find here in the UK. They are:

Palmolive coconut shampoo
Creamsilk conditioner.

If anyone knows which shop or supermarket sells these, we'd be grateful if you could tell us.

Many thanks.

Terpe
28th January 2013, 20:11
Interestingly my wife has found Creamsilk Conditioner to work really quite well.
Also Creamsilk shampoo and Creamsilk Standout Straight (whatever that is :Erm:)

Of course nothing will 100% accurately re-create the silky smooth hair you get in the Philippines.
Probably due to the water and general humidity differences.

We have a new shop opened up recently called Family Bargains (or something like that) and they sometimes stock those things.
Also they sometimes stock Johnson&Johnson Baby powder in different smells. (Lemon, Blossom and Lavender)

rhaichard
26th February 2013, 08:59
i know the online shop that sells CreamSilk Conditioner but the only shampoo they have is Sunsilk ... try to search this filipino shop online KuyasTindahan

if u want u can also go here in stevenage :smile: there's a filipino shop here

its a bit of a long drive for u :smile::doh

Michael Parnham
26th February 2013, 13:18
Yes you will find what you want in the UK, try places like Wilco and a few other similar stores. I must admit a lot of shampoos and condtioners that I purchased in the Philippines used to burn my scalp a little, don't know where they were manufactured but they were supposedly well known brands.:smile:

stevie c
26th February 2013, 17:18
My wife used cream silk when she was in the phils but cant seem to find it here in th uk so she now uses loreal elvive shampoo & tresemme conditioner & her is very smooth & shiny especially as it us so very long

rhaichard
26th February 2013, 17:28
some filipina is very sensitive to their hair :smile::biggrin: just like me lol:icon_lol: i cant find any shampoo that suit to my hair before ... now im using HEAD and SHOULDER shampoo and conditioner that i usually used also when im in the PHILIPPINES

sars_notd_virus
26th February 2013, 17:33
My wife is looking for two hair care products in wide use in the Philippines that we're not sure where to find here in the UK. They are:

Palmolive coconut shampoo
Creamsilk conditioner.

If anyone knows which shop or supermarket sells these, we'd be grateful if you could tell us.

Many thanks.

Ive seen the Palmolive shampoo in Wilkinsons and the Creamsilk they sell in any kabayan(filipino/asian) shops:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
26th February 2013, 17:34
tresemme conditioner

yes i agree , tresemme is similar to creamsilk:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lovejoy
26th February 2013, 17:45
I used MAYONAISE in my hair once every two weeks for my hair treatment but I used L'oreal it's better than Palmolive or cream silk. :icon_lol:

rhaichard
26th February 2013, 17:52
mayOnnaise ??? it remind me when im young but instead of mayOnnaise my granny put cocOnut milk on my hair to make it shiny :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Terpe
26th February 2013, 20:29
My head is very shiny. Just use water followed by 'Pledge' :biggrin:

rhaichard
26th February 2013, 20:35

nice one terpe ... i will advise my hubby to do that lol :icon_lol:

lovejoy
27th February 2013, 00:27
mayOnnaise ??? it remind me when im young but instead of mayOnnaise my granny put cocOnut milk on my hair to make it shiny :icon_lol::icon_lol: yes it's right MAYONAISE and when I was a kid I used coconut oil or mineral oil for my hair... I used MAYONAISE way back when I was in PI then I just back using it because hair treatment in this country is over priced. :icon_lol:

sars_notd_virus
27th February 2013, 18:32

My husband is using Mr Sheen:biggrin:

Michael Parnham
27th February 2013, 19:16
I don't think mayonnaise is good for hair because it contains vinager, besides the Mayonnaise instructions for use doesn't say to be applied to hair!:Erm:

lovejoy
27th February 2013, 22:16
I don't think mayonnaise is good for hair because it contains vinager, besides the Mayonnaise instructions for use doesn't say to be applied to hair!:Erm: You've got same idea with my husband but he consult Mr. Google about MAYONAISE for hair treatment. :icon_lol:

SteveJ
26th September 2013, 16:10
i know the online shop that sells CreamSilk Conditioner but the only shampoo they have is Sunsilk ... try to search this filipino shop online KuyasTindahan

if u want u can also go here in stevenage :smile: there's a filipino shop here

its a bit of a long drive for u :smile::doh

Great thread... My wife has been looking for Creamsilk since arriving here and just checked KuyasTindaha and we will be ordering some (and I suspect lots of other things) from there :smile:

raynaputi
26th September 2013, 17:48
I'm lucky that there are hair care products here that go well with my hair. I use Tresemme and/or L'Oreal. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
26th September 2013, 19:08
I'm lucky that there are hair care products here that go well with my hair. I use Tresemme and/or L'Oreal. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Whats wrong with fairy liquid? :icon_lol:

rhaichard
27th September 2013, 19:04
Great thread... My wife has been looking for Creamsilk since arriving here and just checked KuyasTindaha and we will be ordering some (and I suspect lots of other things) from there :smile:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
27th September 2013, 20:18

Thats the exact combination my florsel uses & her hair is fantastic & very healthy