PDA

View Full Version : is it just me ?:)

Moy
27th January 2013, 21:33
i dont make enough money :cwm24::olddude:to go on vacation:Cuckoo: so i'm just going to get drunk:Brick::xxaction-smiley-047:grosyeux::biggrin::biggrin: this weekend until i dont where i am ^_^

joebloggs
27th January 2013, 22:10
no its not just you, took us 7yrs to go back to the phils
i don't even have enough pera to get drunk :40__s:

:bigcry:

Moy
27th January 2013, 22:18
no its not just you, took us 7yrs to go back to the phils
i don't even have enough pera to get drunk :40__s:

:bigcry:
7 years:yikes::cwm24:
cheers joe..tuba for you cheers...its cheap:biggrin::action-smiley-081:

Leen
27th January 2013, 22:51
i guess were lucky or im lucky to found job here in Spalding....were off to London for 2 weeks vacation with pay in March and hubby is the one who is so keen for us to go back to Philippines for vacation next year but told him with my family around i dont think we can afford the pasalubong :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:...told him will just use the money to pay for the property back home:biggrin:

grahamw48
27th January 2013, 23:20
Moy, the beauty of being old is that you don't even have to drink to not know where you. :olddude::cwm3::Cuckoo::doh:Erm:

Slip
27th January 2013, 23:35
I had a month in the Seychelles in 2011, that pretty much blew my savings. Now I am saving hard to go to Philippines asap

grahamw48
27th January 2013, 23:41
1500 to 2000 should cover it, including flight, for 3 weeks. Dead cheap there. :smile:

I've done it for £1,000 before now. :icon_lol:

stevewool
28th January 2013, 08:19
remember a vacation can be taken anywhere, lots of people where i work are doing these SUN vouchers, a long weekend break for under £10 a day, there are ways to have a nice weekend too cheaply, plus remember if you can aford to get drunk you can afford to save, just my thoughts, we are coming down you way soon Moy, pm me and we can have a drink together, with my partner of cource

fred
28th January 2013, 10:24
Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?
Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.
A cup O ' COLD tea.
Without milk or sugar.
OR tea!
In a filthy, cracked cup.
We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper. The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
Aye. BECAUSE we were poor.

fred
28th January 2013, 10:26
My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."
EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'.
We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE!
We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing;
we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor!
Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

grahamw48
28th January 2013, 11:57
Ah, sounds just like living with my dad. :icon_lol:

stevewool
29th January 2013, 08:32
i think us lot are related:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th January 2013, 10:21
I'll agree with that Steve, as kids we had holes in our trousers and holes in our shoes, my grandma used to put a patch on the pants and stuff cardboard in our shoes and send us to school with a slice of bread and dripping and sometimes a clip across the earole to go with it, but we were happy! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
29th January 2013, 10:39
Some of us are still living like that. :cwm3:

lordna
29th January 2013, 10:52
My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."
EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'.
We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE!
We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing;
we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor!
Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

Good old MPFS!

toging
6th February 2013, 00:11
i felt the same way last week moy......was so homesick with my kids and when i got home from work i just bursted to my hub that im going home for couple of weeks to attend my daughters graduation...and he said "just ask them to have lots of pics and u will feel that ur there as well"...and "why dont u go for a night out,have ur karaoke and get drunk.im sure u will feel a lot better"....so thats my plan for this weekend and hopefully it will help a bit with the way i feel right at this moment....:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

grahamw48
6th February 2013, 00:18
Me ? I NEVER get drunk :Cuckoo:...without my bumbag. :biggrin:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1794/mrgumbygraham.jpg

toging
6th February 2013, 00:40
Me ? I NEVER get drunk :Cuckoo:...without my bumbag. :biggrin:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1794/mrgumbygraham.jpg

nice pic:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
6th February 2013, 10:53
I've visited most of the UK so holidays can wait:smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:..for now , husband and I is working on our priorities which is bigger house and building up our savings again then roll on PH vacation:Jump:

Moy
6th February 2013, 13:43
i felt the same way last week moy......was so homesick with my kids and when i got home from work i just bursted to my hub that im going home for couple of weeks to attend my daughters graduation...and he said "just ask them to have lots of pics and u will feel that ur there as well"...and "why dont u go for a night out,have ur karaoke and get drunk.im sure u will feel a lot better"....so thats my plan for this weekend and hopefully it will help a bit with the way i feel right at this moment....:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

well i was been drunk for weeks now probs is i get up as early as 3 am and cant go back to slept:76::xxaction-smiley-047:Cuckoo: