PDA

View Full Version : booking your next trip back to the phils

stevewool
26th January 2013, 12:07
well we all have to go through this so how do you sort it out, we are trying to plan a trip back home thats if Ems can get the time off work and going so far you have to be gone more then just the two weeks, thats just my thought though, but what happens if you can only get 2 weeks, visiting the family is a must but also for me its a holiday, i want to see a beach or a mountain, to spend quality time not just sitting in someones house smilling and thinking i would like to be somewhere differant, our next few trips we are hoping to look for places to settle one day but i know Ems needs are to be close to her family, yes they can come with us but its all money, so any ideas , if we get the 4 weeks off work then there is no problem , but working for the NHS at xmas time too, i dont think we will get that time

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 12:22
First time I went I could only get a fortnight off so had only 12 nights I think but I didn't go far. Just Pampanga and Zambales.

Second time, same kind of situation but a few extra nights. Went to Pampanga & Boracay.

This time I got the whole three weeks which means we're going on tour. :waver:

stevewool
26th January 2013, 12:26
i hate the thought of we must visit so and so and when you go out your way its like they are not bothered, 2 days with family and 3 weeks 5days in bohol:xxgrinning--00xx3:dream on steve

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 12:29
By the way Steve, booked Villa Del Pueblo in Panglao for 5 nights @ 1500p.

How far is it from Alona Beach? Doesn't say on the website.

stevewool
26th January 2013, 12:43
wow thats great, you will love it, its a nice walk about 10 to 15 mins walk, turn right out the place up to the top of the road turn right,( just down this road is a big shop to get your drinks and snacks from on the left hand side set back from the road,) follow that about 1/4 mile then right down to alona beach, lots of great place to eat, but also safe places to leave your things while you swim too, just buy a coffee, or breakfast on the beach and you can stay as long as you want, toilets next to dive centre, any other little advice let me know:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th January 2013, 12:46
when you come back from the beach you walk up the hill then turn left back to the place just on that corner is where you can get a bike back to your place, thats what we did most times, ems sorted the price and off we went, we also got a bike from those delivered to the place next day with hats and a full tank they collected next day also, get the missis to get the best price

stevie c
26th January 2013, 12:56
We are going to start searching flight prices soon going for 4 weeks looking at may time if can get that if from work if not maybe October
I know we will spend time in Tarlac & pampanga with family will also visit subic & Mindoro

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 13:11
wow thats great, you will love it, its a nice walk about 10 to 15 mins walk, turn right out the place up to the top of the road turn right,( just down this road is a big shop to get your drinks and snacks from on the left hand side set back from the road,) follow that about 1/4 mile then right down to alona beach, lots of great place to eat, but also safe places to leave your things while you swim too, just buy a coffee, or breakfast on the beach and you can stay as long as you want, toilets next to dive centre, any other little advice let me know:xxgrinning--00xx3:Sounds good. I hear they have a free shuttle but only goes once at 9am every day and another time in the afternoon.

Not that bothered though seeing it's walking distance.

stevewool
26th January 2013, 13:17
Sounds good. I hear they have a free shuttle but only goes once at 9am every day and another time in the afternoon.

Not that bothered though seeing it's walking distance.

the walk is great , what we did was stay out all day come back about 8.30 to 9pm then get in the pool looking at the stars,

stevewool
26th January 2013, 13:19
We are going to start searching flight prices soon going for 4 weeks looking at may time if can get that if from work if not maybe October
I know we will spend time in Tarlac & pampanga with family will also visit subic & Mindoro
it would be nice to see tarlac but Ems dont seem to want to go back, she was very very young when the family left there,seen any prices yet stevie

Ako Si Jamie
26th January 2013, 15:14
the walk is great , what we did was stay out all day come back about 8.30 to 9pm then get in the pool looking at the stars,Free ride back to the airport apparently.

I love freebies :biggrin:

DaveW
26th January 2013, 18:24
The first time I went i only had 10 nights and that was 5 years ago, since then i've been 12 other times and usually take just under a month. The last 2 visits have been with my wife who is now in the UK. I did enjoy it when she was there as i could have 3 trips a year. Now its maybe only 1. Plus its double travelling expenses. I got bored of sitting with her family and wasting a trip, even though in Samar where shes from there was good fishing and snorkling. We are going back in march and while she visits her mother I am going with a freind to Angeles for a few nights then i will meet her in Borocay. Very expensive now days 1300 quid just to get to Manila.

DaveW
26th January 2013, 18:31
£1300 for the two of us I should say, sorry!