PDA

View Full Version : Natwest don't have any Philippine Peso's

Ako Si Jamie
23rd January 2013, 21:18
Went into Natwest today to get 10,000p and they can't get any at the present time or know when they can in the future. :NoNo:

They've never had this problem before. :anerikke:

sars_notd_virus
24th January 2013, 17:58
Not many banks do:NoNo:...you have to order it and the rate is not good normally....better exchange it when you get there , plenty of pesos in the Philippines, black market gives a good rate so ive heard:cwm25::biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
24th January 2013, 20:27
They couldn't order any because they had none. :yikes:

jake
25th January 2013, 01:43
Myself and Fred have them all hidden under our mattresses here in the Philippines. Don't tell anyone!
You can easily change some of your pounds into pesos at the airport. Not sure if the rate you would get in the UK is better.

fred
25th January 2013, 02:15
Myself and Fred have them all hidden under our mattresses here in the Philippines. Don't tell anyone!

Ouch.. You just did!!

I tried to get some Pounds from our so called "Sterling account" BPI branch last week but they didnt have any!:biggrin:

jake
25th January 2013, 02:24
Forgot to add mine is a single and yours is a king!

DaveW
25th January 2013, 19:16
Just make sure you have enough for a taxi and then change your money up in the mall when you arrive. Much better rate than here. The banks have the worst rate i've found

imagine
25th January 2013, 19:49
Ouch.. You just did!!

I tried to get some Pounds from our so called "Sterling account" BPI branch last week but they didnt have any!:biggrin:

maybe they hadnt dried out yet:icon_lol:

imagine
25th January 2013, 19:52
Went into Natwest today to get 10,000p and they can't get any at the present time or know when they can in the future. :NoNo:

They've never had this problem before. :anerikke:

wasnt there a member, had excess pesos , trying to find a good deal to exchange back to £,
i think maybe a month or 2 back, maybe he still has them :Erm:

sorry i just searched for it, it goes back to september, and his last activity13th November 2012 and i dont think iv seen this member on since then, but heres the link,
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/41554-Best-place-to-sell-Peso-s-in-the-UK?highlight=peso

Ako Si Jamie
25th January 2013, 20:46
Just make sure you have enough for a taxi and then change your money up in the mall when you arrive. Much better rate than here. The banks have the worst rate i've foundWent into Lloyds today. Offered a rate of 59. Told them to shove it.

Think I will do an exchange when I get there. Got around £15 in peso's from last time and my two visa cards too as another option.

Ako Si Jamie
25th January 2013, 20:47
wasnt there a member, had excess pesos , trying to find a good deal to exchange back to £,
i think maybe a month or 2 back, maybe he still has them :Erm:

sorry i just searched for it, it goes back to september, and his last activity13th November 2012 and i dont think iv seen this member on since then, but heres the link,
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/41554-Best-place-to-sell-Peso-s-in-the-UK?highlight=pesoThanks Stewart but I haven't seen him around.

imagine
25th January 2013, 21:00
Thanks Stewart but I haven't seen him around.

shame, bad timming, otherwise you might have got a good deal,
hadnt realised the thread was so far back

Terpe
25th January 2013, 21:47
I always found NAIA exchange rates to be pretty good.

stevewool
25th January 2013, 22:51
I always found NAIA exchange rates to be pretty good.

yes we got a good rate there too, but the best rate was from the mall of asia, the store that sells all things to do with the phils, cannot remember whats it called but you cant miss it, a nice shop too

jonnijon
25th January 2013, 23:43
Used to get 100 :olddude:

fred
26th January 2013, 11:03
Used to get 108.:Help1:

stevewool
26th January 2013, 11:39
never known it more then 67 so i am lucky really, i work my peso rate around the 60 to 65 peso to the pound, that way i think i can manage when i see something for x amount of peso