PDA

View Full Version : BBC Classifies Fawlty Towers as Racist

Dedworth
23rd January 2013, 15:06
Don't mention the ***: Censorship row as BBC cuts the Major's 'racist' lines from classic Fawlty Towers episode

Viewers complain that only the 'terminally thin-skinned' could be offended by the character
BBC said it was edited to suit a family audience to reflect changing attitudes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266738/Censorship-row-BBC-cuts-racist-lines-classic-Fawlty-Towers-episode.html#ixzz2Io7QAoDr

Words fail me. The morons responsible for this should be sacked

fred
23rd January 2013, 16:42
Oh No!!! Does that mean the episodes on Youtube will be blocked until they have been cleansed??
I dont think I want to see the new cleansed stuff!! That would just piss me off and make me want to think of ways to blow up the BBC building.

les_taxi
23rd January 2013, 18:57
What a bunch of idiots,I'm campaigning to bring back love thy neighbour:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 19:02
What a bunch of idiots,I'm campaigning to bring back love thy neighbour :icon_lol:

:yeahthat: ... AND Alf Garnett! :anerikke: ... Warren Mitchell seems to be still alive - even if Sid James :biggrin: isn't.

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 19:10
Oh ... and howz about the 'Black & White' Minstrels? :cwm24:

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 19:21
I'm campaigning to bring back love thy neighbour :icon_lol:

While you're ABOUT it Les ... it might also be worth mentioning you are a taxidermist and urge the BBC bosses to "get stuffed"! :UpYurs:

Iani
23rd January 2013, 20:10
And whilst we're at it, let's bring back Mind Your Language

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 20:16
Mind Your Language

:oldlady: ... "language, :biggrin: Timothy!" :cwm24:

stevewool
23rd January 2013, 20:24
yep the world has gone mad, dont these people who do this know there is a knob that can turn over the channels and even turn the thing off too

Arthur Little
23rd January 2013, 20:31
Seriously, though :poke: ... I would suggest the Corporation's Headquarters building itself, ought to be re-designated 'Fawlty Towers' - since it houses the *BIGWIGS whose fault it was in knowingly concealing what *THEY [apparently] knew had been going on behind the scenes :cwm25: as regards programmes featuring Jimmy Savile and other nonces of that ilk.

Ako Si Jamie
23rd January 2013, 20:46
Did Captain Pugwash get censored with names like Seaman Staines & Master Bates. :anerikke::icon_lol:

Iani
23rd January 2013, 21:12
Did Captain Pugwash get censored with names like Seaman Staines & Master Bates. :anerikke::icon_lol:

Nah :icon_lol:

It was one of those urban legend things, started by some after dinner speaker, and took off because people just couldn't remember the real names of the characters on it.

The original writer of Captain Pugwash was really upset about the whole thing, and in an interview had a right rant.

Now what is true, is that the kids show "Rainbow", the actors in it once made for their own amusement an "adult" version full of double entendres. It ended up being leaked on to the internet a good few years ago, google "rude rainbow"

Oh what the heck

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1atuz_rainbow-twangers-episode_fun#.UQBDZR26euI

stevie c
23rd January 2013, 21:19
How about the movie scum that will be on the banned list next

les_taxi
23rd January 2013, 21:27
F...... nanny state we are becoming,starting to get realled pissed off with this country these days:cwm23:

stevie c
23rd January 2013, 21:31
F...... nanny state we are becoming,starting to get realled pissed off with this country these days:cwm23:

You. & me both with thousands of others I suspect les :cwm23:

Steve.r
24th January 2013, 01:48
I used to like the Kumars at No42, but I am sure that would be fine because there is inclusion 'of' other races right!!! but all the jokes about white people in that show .... racist????

fred
24th January 2013, 05:59
yep the world has gone mad, dont these people who do this know there is a knob

No because thats what they are.. Knobs!

jonnijon
24th January 2013, 11:38
Just do what I did. Get on that plane :airline:

Arthur Little
24th January 2013, 16:24
Seriously, though :poke: ... I would suggest the Corporation's Headquarters building itself, ought to be re-designated 'Fawlty Towers' - since it houses the *BIGWIGS whose fault it was in knowingly concealing what *THEY [apparently] knew had been going on behind the scenes :cwm25: as regards programmes featuring Jimmy Savile and other nonces of that ilk.

Better running the small (but unlikely) risk of being branded racist ... than accused or suspected of "harbouring kiddie-fiddlers". :doh